The best headsets are suitable for both casual and commercial use. Whether you require a headset for a home office or for gaming, there are many great headsets to choose from. However, this makes finding the best headset that bit trickier, as there often an overwhelming amount of choice available.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best headset for your needs:
What are headsets?
A headset is a variation of headphones that include a microphone attachment for speaking with others. While traditionally used in the telephony industry, headsets have become a popular product to use a home, being great for playing video games, listening to music, and talking with others online or by phone.
Why should you buy a good headset?
A good headset offers all the benefits of headphones but with the added benefit of a microphone, making it a very versatile device. Whether you want to talk to friends online as you play video games or want the ability for hands free communication from your office, quality headsets are a great investment.
How to choose the right headset in 2024?
Choosing the right headset is often difficult, especially if you don’t know what to look for in a product. Here are some things to consider that may help you choose the best headset for your needs:
- Connectivity: Headsets connect either wirelessly or by wire, so you should think about which option is more suitable for you. Wired headsets tend to be more affordable but may be more restrictive, while wireless headphones offer more freedom but must be charged. Some even offer the option of switching between wired and wireless modes.
- Comfort: As headsets are usually worn for several hours at a time, it’s a good idea to get a set that offer the most comfort possible. This doesn’t mean just buying a headset with plenty of padding (which is certainly important), but also the overall size and fit on your head. You don’t want your ears to feel crushed or have a headband that is too tight when worn.
- Audio Quality: It’s hard to determine what the best audio quality for a headset is as we all have different preferences. Some enjoy lots of bass while others find a higher range of frequencies more appealing. When looking at audio quality on a headset, it’s measured in Hz, with the first number referring to the bass and the second referring to the treble. Remember that 20 to 20,000 Hz is viewed as the optimal scope for hearing, so anything lower than 20 or higher than 20,000 is difficult to process.
What is the best kind of headset in Australia?
There are many types of headsets available to buy, any of which may be suited to your needs.
- Bluetooth Headset: Connects to devices using Bluetooth, these are generally the best wireless headsets to buy as they can connect to various devices, but they do need to be charged.
- USB Headset: Connects to devices using a USB connection, these headsets are great for using on computers and laptops, as you are generally close to these devices so there’s no need for a wireless connection. Also, USB connections offer more power than a traditional audio jack.
- Gaming Headset: The best headset for playing games consoles, they are usually wireless and feature ample padding to keep you comfortable when wearing for long durations. The microphones tend to be better on a gaming headset to allow better communication between gamers, while audio is often optimised for playing video games.
- Mono Headsets: This type of headset features just a single earpiece, making them most suitable for professional use in call centres or home offices, although many prefer them for playing video games as well. With one ear free, you’re still aware of your surroundings but are able to communicate with others at the same time.
Top 10 list of headsets in Australia (2024)
The bestseller list compares brands and their headsets. Which headset is the best?
- 240g lightweight design with breathable memory foam ear cushions for long-lasting…
- Country of Origin: United States
- Package Quantity: 1
- Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One
- 100 percentage memory foam and leatherette on headband and ear cup
- Digitally enhanced noise-cancelling microphone
- Hear every audio cue with breathtaking clarity and get immerse in your game. PRO-G…
- The colourful, reversible suspension headband is designed for comfort during long…
- Colourful, reversible suspension headbands are designed for comfort during long play…
- Included components: 1 x logitech g g335 wired gaming headset, black
- RGB lighting and dual-layer memory foam
- Has slimmer ear pads and easy plug-and-play functionality
- Be quicker to aim or react with audio and video that’s even more in sync
- Country of Origin: United States
- Package Quantity: 1
- Integrated audio control, detachable noise-canceling microphone and LED indicator.Which…
- Legendary HyperX Convenience and durability, compatible with Ngenuity software
- HyperX Dual chamber drivers, PC compatible
- Stylish Design & Exceptional Support: Crafted from high-quality and durable…
- Crystal Clear Communication: The Captain 300 wireless headset for PC features a…
- Extended Battery Life & Ergonomic Design : The wireless headset for switch features…
- Adjustable, built-in, omni-directional microphone
- Comfortable ergonomic fit even after extended use
- Great bass reproduction
- Hidden-type noise-cancelling omnidirectional microphone precise captures the user's…
- Surround Sound: PC gaming headset features 50mm dynamic speaker drivers that produce…
- Excellent Design: gaming headphone with microphone all-day use of sporty, high-performance…
- [Dimensions/Weight] Headset: 6.3 x 6.1 x 2.3 inches (161.5 x 155.2 x 59.8 mm); Ear…
- Control: Status LED, microphone mute, volume (+/-), speaker mute. *Supports USB connection…
- Microphone: [Type] Boom [Sensitivity] -47dB+/-3db [Response frequency] 150-7000Hz…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. We consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update: 2024/02/20.