Review10Best compares the best aftershaves in Australia and selects the one by NIVEA as the best aftershave. In a aftershave buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different aftershaves and see a recommendation on which aftershave to buy in Australia in 2023. By considering the top list of aftershaves, you can find the best aftershaves and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate aftershave buying guide
- View the aftershave picks and see how they rank in the top list
The best aftershave soothes skin post-shave, preventing irritations and keeping skin feeling, looking, and often smelling great. However, choosing a good aftershave depends entirely on the individual, as you need to think about your skin type, fragrance preferences, and how you shave. Check the buying guide below for how to choose the best aftershaves:
What are aftershaves?
Aftershave is a skincare product applied to the face after shaving. An aftershave features antiseptic agents, usually in the form of alcohol, to help prevent infections and irritations from occurring in cuts caused by shaving. While originally a liquid product, modern aftershaves now come in balms, gels, and creams, offering various skincare benefits. In fact, many quality aftershaves no longer use alcohol due to the strong stinging sensation after it’s applied, using different ingredients to achieve similar effects.
Why should you buy a good aftershave?
If you shave frequently, then it’s always worthwhile to have a good aftershave as part of your skincare regime. Aftershave is often confused with cologne (a male equivalent to perfume), but it offers various benefits to the skin that cologne doesn’t. For instance, the best aftershave prevents shaving cuts from becoming infected, while also helping to combat against skin irritations such as razor bumps and reddening. As most aftershaves also feature moisturiser, your skin becomes much smoother and comfortable when applied post-shave.
How to choose the right aftershave?
With so many options available, it’s not always clear what aftershave is the better option for your skin. Consider some of the following to ensure you choose the best aftershave:
- Ingredients: Checking the ingredients of aftershave means you can avoid anything that may irritate your skin. The best aftershaves feature natural ingredients and avoid synthetic and chemical ingredients, so keep an eye for this. Natural oils offer fantastic skincare benefits, so look for these over high alcohol content.
- Skin Type: Like with any skincare product, it’s important to think about your skin type before buying an aftershave. Those with normal skin shouldn’t have many restrictions, but those with dry skin should avoid any aftershave with alcohol, as this will only dry it out further. Those with sensitive skin may want to avoid anything that is scented and be mindful of natural ingredients that may irritate, such as essential oils.
- Fragrance: Aftershaves tend to be confused with colognes, which are only scented and offer no skincare benefits after you shave. However, aftershaves often feature a pleasant fragrance, so be sure to consider the type of scent you might want when looking. If you already have cologne, it may be worth getting an unscented aftershave that offers the most skincare benefits rather than smells the nicest.
What is the best kind of aftershave in Australia?
There are several types of aftershave available to buy, any of which may be a great option for your skin.
- Aftershave Lotions: Traditional aftershave was always in a liquid form and remains a popular option today. It’s usually got the highest alcohol content, making it one of the best antiseptics, so if you tend to cut when shaving this might be the better choice of aftershave. Remember, it’s likely going to sting when applied.
- Aftershave Balms: A newer type of aftershave, balms are more a skincare product than they are a shaving product. They tend to feature no alcohol content (some might have low amounts), rather using natural equivalents that offer the same benefits but fewer irritants, especially dryness. A great choice of aftershave for men with sensitive or dry skin.
- Aftershave Gels: Much the same as balms, gel aftershaves are more about caring for the skin rather than fighting infections. That said, they feature the same antiseptic properties, although rarely use alcohol. Unlike aftershave balms, gels don’t offer much in the way of moisturiser, but they are very soothing for the skin post-shave.
Top 10 list of aftershaves in Australia (February 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their aftershaves. Which aftershave is the best?
- Building on 100 years of NIVEA skincare expertise.
- Ensures your facial skin feels comfortable and refreshed after shaving.
- Ethyl-Alcohol Free Formula to avoid that burning feeling.
- Best results: For optimal results, use after cleansing with the NIVEA MEN Deep Face…
- Usage: Apply this after shave for men liberally on the shaved skin, avoiding the…
- Skin friendly: Skin compatibility dermatologically approved
- Package Weight: 0.177 kilograms
- Splash of hygiene
- Tones your skin
- It works great as part of a pre-shave regimen to achieve a true Barber Grade shave…
- Refreshing mint scent
- Moisturizes and cools skin after shaving
- Product Name: Prada Candy Florale
- Ingredients oil eucalyptus purifying and invigorating by menthol refreshing and…
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country of origin - France
- For sensitive skin
- Eliminate that dry, tight feeling that can happen after you shave
- 100% designed for men with sensitive skin
- After-shave and moisturiser in 1
- Hydrates for 24 hours
- With SPF 15
- 3 in 1: Hydrates, conditions and protect your skin
- Helps protect your skin
- This balm is also enriched with Vitamin E
- Its alcohol free formula combines the beneficial effects of a razor burn balm with…
- Provides immediate relief for sensitive or irritated skin
- Country of origin: Germany
- Brand: Davidoff
- Product weight: 250 grams
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best aftershaves, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a aftershave test. Last Update: 2023/02/02.