Review10Best compares the best air compressors in Australia and nominates the one by AstroAI as the best air compressor. In our air compressors review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different air compressors and follow our recommendation on which air compressor to buy in Australia in 2020. With the air compressor comparison, you can be sure to buy the best air compressor on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air compressor buying guide
- View our air compressor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about air compressors
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Buying the best air compressor available is a great investment for DIY and car enthusiasts, providing a versatile tool with many applications around the home. Yet, it’s important to choose the right type of air compressor for your needs, otherwise, you may end up with an unsuitable product.
Check out this handy buying guide for all the info that you need to know to find the best air compressors:
What are air compressors?
An air compressor is a device used to create and store compressed air. It consists of a motor or engine that creates the compressed air and large storage tank where the air is held until needed. An air compressor can compress air to various pressures, which can then be used on air-powered tools and paint spray guns or to inflate tires.
Why should you buy a good air compressor?
A good air compressor is a handy device for anyone that loves tinkering with their car, doing DIY projects around the home, or a bit of both! The device will quickly create compressed air at the desired pressure levels, which can be then be used for all kinds of things.
The most notable use is with pneumatic tools. Known as air tools, these are devices that use high-pressure air to operate, providing them with even more power than your standard corded or cordless tools. Other uses for compressed air include vehicle maintenance, operating spray guns, and general cleaning in a workshop.
How to choose the right air compressor?
Here are some things to look out for in a great air compressor:
- CFM: Cubic feet per minute (CMF) is the measurement of air that the compressor can deliver. Every tool has a CMF requirement, so make sure that the air compressor you choose is compatible with the tools you intend to use. For instance, 6 CFM at 90 PSI is used for most pneumatic tools and spray guns, although certain tools will need more. A good rule of thumb to follow is the more CFM the air compressor offers the more powerful tools you can use.
- PSI: Pounds per square inch (PSI) is a measurement of the amount of compressed air the tank holds, so the higher this number is the more air can be stored in the compressor. You’ll want a large tank capacity if using tools for prolonged periods, otherwise, you’ll be constantly stopping and starting to refill the tank.
- Portability: Even the best air compressor might be quite heavy, so be mindful of how portable the device is, especially if you plan on using it around the home. For example, if you are using spray guns to redecorate, then you’ll want an air compressor with wheels for portability, as dragging a heavy compressor around is never fun.
What is the best kind of air compressor in Australia?
There are two main types of air compressors available to buy:
- Single-Stage Air Compressors: This is the best-selling type of air compressor, featuring a single piston that moves up and down to compress air. Great for most home applications, it can store a maximum of around 150psi.
- Two-Stage Air Compressors: This type of air compressor features two pistons rather than one, allowing it to store more compressed air than a single-stage type, usually around 200psi. This means you can use tools for longer, although it will cost more.
Top 10 list of air compressors in Australia (March 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their air compressors rank and which air compressor is the best.
- 3 Years Provided by AstroAI
- ALL-IN-ONE FEATURES: The LED backlit screen features measurements in PSI, KPA, Bar;…
- OVERHEAT PROTECTION: Overheat protection will shut off automatically when exceed…
- Designed and engineered in Italy, we make tools not toys.
- Industrial tough hand welded construction and powder coated body
- Engineered to be highly dust resistant, great for air sanders and grinders
- Built-in LED Light
- Automatically Shuts Off When Inflated
- Inflates in 90 Seconds or Less!
- WIDE RANGE of applications: Inflates any schrader valve on cars, SUVs, motorcycles,…
- ULTRA PORTABLE: Easily stow the compressor away in your car or garage and it will…
- CONVENIENT FEATURES: 100 PSI; 4 pressure units (PSI, kPa, BAR, KG/CM2) Compatible…
- NEW DESIGN - Product comes with a newly designed swivel, and hose inlet connections…
- MULTI-FUNCTION HOSE - Product comes with a 3/8" x 50 ft. hybrid polymer hose,…
- DURABILITY/ EASY MOUNTING- The product crafted using high-quality impact resistant…
- Portable and lightweight. #Kindly remind: This product doesn't be shipped to PO…
- Air filter separates and discharges accumulated water effectively
- Equipped with tank providing constant pressure
- Jump Starter for Anyware 12V Car Batteries
- Emergency Hazard Indicator Light or General Lighting
- Air Compressor for Tyre Inflation Pump
- OPERATING PRESSURE 90 PSI: Full Lifetime replacement guarantee.
- PUSH BUTTON DRAIN VALVE: Quick and easy clean of your filter with the easy to use…
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: The water / oil separator’s body is made from aluminum…
- COMMITMENT - GreatCircleUSA is an authorized seller who is committed to providing…
- WARRANTY - All GreatCircleUSA products come with warranties. We have a dedicated…
- Durable construction made from high quality impact resistant polypropylene, light…
- 5. Offer 12-month extended warranty & 30 days money back and 24/7 friendly customer…
- 4. Power supply: tire inflator, car vacuum cleaner, car refrigerator, etc(need to…
- 3. Rated voltage: DC12V (compatible with GOOLOO car jump starter GP37-Plus, G1500…
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 09:08 o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best air compressors