Review10Best compares the best air mattresses in Australia and selects the one by Coleman as the best mattress. In a air mattress buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different mattresses and see a recommendation on which air mattress to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of mattresses, you can find the best air mattresses and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate air mattress buying guide
- View the air mattress picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to mattresses
- More about air mattresses on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
An air mattress can be a useful investment for homeowners, making a fine alternative to a spare bed while also being a great piece of camping equipment. There are a few things you should consider in order to find the best air mattress for your needs, whether you are buying it for a specific reason or just looking to grab one in case you need it down the line.
What are air mattresses?
An air mattress is an inflatable mattress typically made from PVC or similar plastic materials. When not being used, an air mattress is completely deflated, making it easier to store and transport, helping it become a popular option for camping trips or as a temporary bed for a guest. They can be inflated by manually breathing into the air valve or by using a type of pump.
Why should you buy a good air mattress?
The best air mattresses are remarkably comfortable, and because they can be easily inflated and deflated, they are useful for a variety of situations you may find yourself in. For example, if you like to go camping but don’t enjoy sleeping uncomfortably on the ground, a oremium air mattress is a great addition to your camping gear. The fact they are lightweight and easy to transport means you can carry them without issue and still enjoy a very relaxing sleep.
Also, you may find an air mattress as a great option for any guests visiting your home. Not every house has the space for a guest bed, making an air mattress a fine backup should anyone be visiting.
How to choose the right air mattress?
With a few notable products available, finding the best air mattress may take some research. Here are a few things worth considering that should make choosing the best air mattress much easier:
- Uses: Knowing your intended use for an air mattress should make finding a suitable one easier. For instance, if you are using it for a guest bed then you may want to go for a double height air mattress for any couples that may be staying. Conversely, if you plan on using it for camping, then a smaller option may be more advisable, especially for fitting it inside a tent.
- Size: There are quite a few size options when it comes to air mattresses, so you will want to think about what size you would prefer. Remember, the largest choice isn’t necessarily the best air mattress you might need, especially if space is going to be a concern! For an air mattress that is being used indoors, be sure to check the size of the room it will be used in. An air mattress for camping will need to be relative to the size of your tent and the number of users!
What is the best kind of air mattress in Australia?
Much like standard mattresses, an air mattress is available in a range of sizes. The best size for an air mattress differs from person to person, and remember that bigger products are usually more expensive!
- Single Air Mattresses: A standard single air mattress is designed to fit a single person. There are longer types that are designed for taller people, too.
- Double Air Mattresses: Given their wide size, this is the best air mattress for couples, as they should be able to comfortably fit two people. A double air mattress is also a fine choice for an individual seeking a more spacious mattress.
- King/Queen Air Mattresses: Slightly larger options than a double air mattress, they offer even more width so can sleep two people comfortably. However, they are heavier and will take longer to inflate. So it may be a good idea to invest in a good pump!
- Raised Air Mattresses: Available in any other type of air mattress, raised options are great because they can be easier to enter and exit, while also being noticeably higher from the ground. This can be especially useful when camping.
Top 10 list of air mattresses in Australia (September 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their air mattresses. Which mattress is the best?
- Extra height keeps you comfortably off the floor
- Convenient built-in electric pump with AirTight system and Double Lock valve
- Inflatable mattress with a soft suede top and extra height for a comfortable night's…
- The 56cm/22" thickness air bed is better than a thin one, keep dry and stay…
- Sturdy I-Beam construction, give you more safe to fall asleep, the max weight capacity…
- With built-in ac pump, 5 minutes and you have a bed! Very easy to inflate and deflate,…
- Tips: PVC Material will naturally stretch and expand during use. After being inflated…
- Lightweight for easy storage: Keep as an extra, space-saving bed. Use during family…
- Exceptional deep sleep companion: 21 internal air coils to enhance durability and…
- For indoor use only
- Approximate inflated dimensions: 73 x 53 x 8 inches; fits standard size sheets
- Integrated Wrap 'N' Roll storage system for easy cleanup and storage
- BRAND QUALITY & RISK FREE: Since your satisfaction is our top priority, this…
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Made from durable and soft ripstop nylon fabric + environmentally…
- NO AIR LEAKING:The thick air cells limit air movement and the valve is carefully…
- Easy to Portable The sizes of the air Mattress after storage is only about 27 x 12…
- Durable & Waterproof Sleeping Mat40D nylon+multi-layered TPU material that is…
- Camping Sleeping Pad with PillowThe air mat and air pillow is combined, making it…
- Inflates in approximately 3 minutes
- Built-in high volume electric pump
- Flocked sleeping surface for extra comfort
- Comfortable flocked sleeping surface
- Maximum load capacity 150kg
- Built-in 220-240V~ electric air pump
- Fits standard queen size sheets
- For use outdoors while camping or indoors as an extra bed
- Double lock valve is dual-sealed to be leak-free
- One year warranty.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use;
- Comes with a carry bag;
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best mattresses, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a air mattress test. Last Update: 2021/09/23.
Other reviews related to mattresses
Further resources about air mattresses
- Best Mattress Buying Guide | Consumer Reports: Another mattress buying guide by Consumer Reports (source: www.consumerreports.org)