Review10Best compares the best baby carriers in Australia and selects the one by Mother's Choice as the best baby carrier. In a baby carrier buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different baby carriers and see a recommendation on which baby carrier to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of baby carriers, you can find the best baby carriers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate baby carrier buying guide
- View the baby carrier picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
It’s important to choose the best baby carrier for your child, as this ensures you both remain comfortable while offering the versatility and flexibility that parents need for a good babywearing product. Yet, finding a good baby carrier can be quite difficult as there are so many things to consider, from the age and weight of your baby to the places that you are most likely to use it.
To make the buying process easier, check out this buying guide to find a great baby carrier!
What are baby carriers?
A baby carrier, also known as a baby sling, is a product that an adult uses to carry a baby while freeing up their hands. Worn across the body, the carrier secures the baby close to the wearer, allowing them to walk around and use their arms while carrying their child, making it very useful for doing things like shopping, housework, or simply going for a walk without a pram.
Why should you buy a good baby carrier?
The best baby carriers are incredibly convenient, allowing parents to carry their baby around with fewer restrictions. Given how hectic raising a new-born is, it’s very helpful to be able to keep them close while being hands-free, which is exactly what you get from a good baby carrier.
It’s also a form of babywearing, which involves holding a baby very closely to the body to help bond with them whilst freeing the hands for other chores.
How to choose the right baby carrier?
Here are the most important things to consider before buying the best baby carrier:
- Age: Given how quickly babies grow, it’s important to choose a baby carrier that fits their current size. For instance, even the best quality carrier for new-borns may only last for up to three months, after which a larger carrier is going to be needed, while there are adjustable carriers that are suitable for wider age groups too. Carriers tend to be designed for different age groups, so look for the recommendation on the product and you should be fine.
- Wearers: Are you the only person wearing the baby carrier? If so, simply choose a product that fits your own size and comfort needs. However, if you and your partner are using it then an adjustable model may be required, as there’s a chance it won’t fit both of you. Another option is to buy separate sizes for each parent, which is especially true for form-fitting carriers like slings.
- Intended Use: Obviously the main use is carrying your baby but also think about the different places you might use it. For example, if you are using it for shopping then a lightweight and less bulky baby carrier is recommended, while you may want something simple like a sling for around the house. Think about whether you need something standard or a more versatile baby carrier that can be used in different places.
What is the best kind of baby carrier in Australia?
Some of the main types of baby carriers include:
- Lightweight Baby Carriers: The best-selling type of baby carrier. It’s made from soft, lightweight fabrics that breathable for the baby and easy to carry for the wearer. They can often be adjusted to various positions, including front and back facing.
- Wraps and Slings: Made from a single piece of fabric that is typically very stretchy, wraps and slings wrap around both the baby and your body. A sling is worn over one shoulder like a sash and a wrap goes around both shoulders and the waist. Each is very comfortable and convenient, although quite difficult to put on at first.
- Backpacks: These are robust carriers worn across the back, they come with metal frames, strong fabrics, and lots of padding. The backpacks are designed for treks and hiking, so highly adjustable and often coming with lots of storage space and other features like rain covers.
Top 10 list of baby carriers in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their baby carriers. Which baby carrier is the best?
- Suitable for newborn to 15kg
- Machine washable for easy cleaning
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps for all-day comfort; Handy front pocket
- Storage Pouch
- Lumbar Support
- Newborn to Toddler
- FULL SIMPLE GUIDE and LIFETIME GUARANTEE. We only recommend holds promoted by UK…
- EXCELLENT QUALITY in baby soft cotton blend. Cool and breathable in dove grey colour.…
- 2 SIZE OPTIONS and EASY TO USE versatile design with no straps or buckles - comfortable…
- For newborns to up to approx. 12 months
- Easy-on and off for parents with 2 front-carrying options
- Ultra soft, lightweight, and machine-washable fabrics
- Offers an easy-to-use, hands-free way to evenly distribute baby's weight across your…
- The close cuddle will help you bond your little one
- Suitable for newborns
- Storage Pouch
- Lumbar Support
- Newborn to Toddler
- Adjustable seat, leg openings, straps and waist belt for a completely customized…
- Machine Washable
- Includes Wonder cover 2-in 1 bib to protect your carrier and clothes
- ERGONOMIC AS BABY GROWS: Acknowledged as hip healthy by the International Hip Dysplasia…
- EASY TO USE: Easy, one-handed slider adjustment allows you to quickly switch baby…
- COOL & BREATHABLE: Our Cool Air Mesh collection carriers are made with soft and…
- X-large storage pocket
- Forward facing option
- Cushy shoulder straps
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best baby carriers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a baby carrier test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.