Review10Best compares the best baby swings in Australia and selects the one by Fisher-Price as the best baby swing. In a baby swing buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different baby swings and see a recommendation on which baby swing to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of baby swings, you can find the best baby swings and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate baby swing buying guide
- View the baby swing picks and see how they rank in the top list
Looking for the best baby swings for your children but are unsure what you need? It’s a common thing with new parents, as there are various types of baby swings to choose from and a few things to think about before you decide what’s best. So it helps to know what you need to make sure you get something suitable!
Check out this buying guide for all the information you need to find the best baby swing for your baby:
What are baby swings?
A baby swing, or baby bouncer, is a type of padded seat designed for infants. The seat portion of the swing is suspended by a robust frame, so when the child is placed there it begins to slowly rock. This motion is similar to a baby’s motion in the womb, helping to calm and soothe them as they rest.
Suitable for newborn babies up until around 9 months, but there are good baby swings designed for older infants too. Also different types of baby bouncers are available in a range of sizes.
Why should you buy a good baby swing?
The best baby bouncers make caring for your baby that bit easier. When placed in the chair, the rocking motion is very calming for most babies, so you can use it for somewhere them to nap or to help calm a cranky baby down! They are also easy to move around the home, letting you get on with some day to day chores while safe in the knowledge your baby is safe, secure, and comfortable.
How to choose the right baby swing?
Here are some things to think about to help you finding the best baby swing:
- Motion: Most swings tend to use a back and forth motion but some use a side to side motion, with some even letting you switch between each type. There are even a few newer models that include an up and down bouncing motion! Each one has its advantages, with it mostly being down to the baby’s preference, which is why having a few modes to choose from is useful.
- Safety: You want the swing to be as safe as possible, so there are some things to look for to ensure this. For instance, a strong, stable frame is always a must to avoid accidentally falling over, while the harness itself should be similarly robust, preferably being a five-point harness. Consider the chair materials and make sure its suitable for baby skin.
- Extra Features: While it may cost more, there are some extra features you may find handy, such as integrated music, vibration function, a mobile, and an auto timer.
What is the best kind of baby swing in Australia?
Here are some of the most popular types of baby swings available to buy:
- Full-Size Baby Swings: The biggest and most robust swings are full-size and tend to come with extra functions and several motion options. They do take up a lot more space, so bear this in mind.
- Portable Baby Swings: These smaller swings are compact and lightweight, so very easy to carry around the home as you do chores. Check the maximum weight though, as they have a smaller capacity.
- Glider Baby Swings: This swing has one of the most gentle motions and is generally very compact so can be moved around the home.
Top 10 list of baby swings in Australia (July 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their baby swings. Which baby swing is the best?
- Calming vibrations help calm and soothe baby
- Removable toy bar with 2 bat-at toys for engaging play
- Lightweight infant seat that bounces along to your baby's natural movements
- Foldout kickstand for stationary seating
- Removable toy bar with 2 bat-at toys featuring Hello Kitty and friends!
- Cute, machine-washable seat pad featuring all of your favorite Sanrio Baby chara…
- Available in three soft materials: cotton, mesh and super-snuggly 3d jersey
- From 3.5 kg/53 cm to 13 kg (approx. From new-born to 2 years)
- Folds flat and is easy to move around your home
- Seat Cushion - Removable and washable seat cushion.
- Sturdy and attractive toy bar with 2 plush toys
- Multiple & natural soothing music - 15 melodies.
- Includes 10 plus activities on 4 pods, a machine-washable seat pad, and removable…
- Replace the seat with the shape-sorter plate to convert the activity center into…
- Sit-at Play: Connect the activity pods to shape-sorter plate to bring the fun down…
- Spinning globe plays internationally-inspired music and instrument names
- Adventure and travel-themed activities captivate baby
- Seat rotates 360 degrees for baby to explore
- Compact Folding Design for Storage & TravelThe rocker bouncer folds flat for…
- Sturdy Structure & 3-Point Safety BeltConstructed from high quality aluminum…
- Child-safe Material & Premium ComfortThe cushioned back of the bouncer is made…
- Soft seat pad is removable and machine washable
- Easy-fold frame for portability and storage
- Conveniently adjusts to four different heights as baby grows
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND MACHINE WASHABLE - Very portable with simple setup taking a…
- COMFORTABLE AND CLEVER - The designer dual-color padded cotton cushion is detachable…
- A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING - A thoughtful present to buy for holiday celebrations,…
- LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS - Trusted by parents for over 20 years, we are American based…
- EASY ON-THE-GO - Folds flat and include a carry bag with handles for portability
- SAFE & SECURE -3-Point Safety Harness and JPMA Certified
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best baby swings, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a baby swing test. Last Update: 2022/07/04.