Review10Best compares the best balance bikes in Australia and selects the one by Belesy Australia as the best balance bike. In a balance bike buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different balance bikes and see a recommendation on which balance bike to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of balance bikes, you can find the best balance bikes and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate balance bike buying guide
- View the balance bike picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Looking to find the best balance bike for your child? Unsure of what a balance bike even is and what the benefits are? Then look no further than this handy balance bike buying guide: Below you will find all the useful info you need to know and how to choose the best balance bikes for your young burgeoning cyclist.
What are balance bikes?
A balance bike is a type of training bicycle designed to help young children learn how to properly balance and steer, usually for children between 18 months and 2 years old. There are no pedals, gears, or chain on a balance bike, as it is solely designed to help improve balance and steering. The best balance bikes are designed to accommodate the smaller hands and bodies of young children and can be made from various materials, with metal and wood being the most popular.
Why should you buy a good balance bike?
One of the main reasons to buy a good balance bike is to help your child learn how to quickly ride a bike. Unlike using a bike with stabilisers, a balance bike teaches the child how to properly balance and counter-steer before learning how to pedal. This method is believed to help the child learn to ride quicker and rely less on training wheels, which many children often become dependent, slowing their learning rate considerably.
How to choose the right balance bike?
Here are some things to consider when looking to buy the best balance bike:
- Size: While balance bikes are typically marketed as one size fits all, in truth, there are various size options available and it’s important to get a bike that best fits your child. For instance, an 18 months old learning to ride would need a much smaller model than a 3 or 4-year old, so it’s a good idea to measure your child’s inseam and compare this to the seat height for a suitable size.
- Seat Height: The seat height is an important consideration to make, as you need to match this against their height to ensure a proper fit. For a balance bike to work, the child’s feet need to reach the floor and be able to push off from a seating position, so look for a bike that is a little bit lower than their inseam. Seats are typically adjustable, too, so consider the maximum seat height, as they are going to grow out of it very fast! Look for a maximum seat height a little bit higher than their inseam, as this gives room for them to grow for a few years.
- Wheel Size: The larger the wheels on a balance the bike the easier it is to use, so if your child is a bit older than smaller wheels may be suitable, while younger kids will benefit from larger wheels. 12” being the most common size and are great for most children, although 16” and 20” options are available and a great choice for those that lack confidence or have difficulties learning to ride.
What is the best kind of balance bike in Australia?
There are a few types of balance bike, including:
- Wooden Balance Bikes: Balance bikes made from wood are cheap and eco-friendly. They a great option for most children, although they aren’t the most durable unless made from premium wood materials.
- Metal Balance Bikes: Most balance bikes are made from metals like steel or aluminium, with each one being strong, lightweight and durable. Steel is often prone to rust while aluminium is usually more expensive.
Top 10 list of balance bikes in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their balance bikes. Which balance bike is the best?
- Durable powder-coated steel.
- Sturdy construction;
- Ultra lightweight and portable;
- Indoor & Outdoor Use: Play time has never been this exciting! With this baby…
- Perfect Gift For Kids: Excellent baby balance bike helps kids to learn the basic…
- 4-Wheel Unique Design: 4-wheel design makes the bike stable and keeps it upright…
- SAFETY GUARANTY: Fully enclosed wheel avoid clamping baby's feet.
- LEARN TO BIKE: 90 degree swivel handle, 60 degree swivel front wheel. Our toddler…
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: install the handlebar and seat within minutes according to the…
- Seat Post: Steel with Adjustable
- Grips: Plastic Black
- Stem: Steel Adjustable Height
- Handlebar pad and mini grips
- Ergonomically-designed, padded seat
- Built-in footrest
- Steering limiter helps your young rider ride smoother and helps prevent rough fa…
- Seat height is easily adjustable anytime, anywhere without tools
- The shape of the seat ensures a child does not slip off when riding downhill (unlike…
- Puncture proof tyres.
- Suits children from 60-120 cm. Max Weight 30kg.
- Easy height-adjustable seat and handlebars
- Lightweight and durable
- Made with birch plywood
- Increasing their strength, mobility, motor and coordination skills
- Storage trunk in the seat
- Silent anti-skid TPE wheels for indoor and outdoor use
- Adjustable seat that grows with your child
- Pneumatic tyres (for a smoother ride, and better grip)
- Adjustable Ride Height and Wheel Base
- Unique Footrest (Encourages Better Balance)
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best balance bikes, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a balance bike test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.