Review10Best compares the best beard oils in Australia and selects the one by Bulldog as the best beard oil. In a beard oil buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different beard oils and see a recommendation on which beard oil to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of beard oils, you can find the best beard oils and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate beard oil buying guide
- View the beard oil picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Beard oil may feel like a recent trend, but it has actually been available since the 1930s. Granted, the great beard oil products available today are a newer addition to the market, with a wide range of products available for men sporting facial hair. Given the huge selection of products to choose from, you may be wondering what the best beard oil for your beard may be. So let’s take a closer look at what might work for you.
What are beard oils?
Beard oil is a type of oil applied to beards in order to moisturize the skin beneath the facial hair while also keeping the beard itself healthy. The best beard oils will leave facial hair looking healthier and feeling much softer, as well as offering benefits to the skin. Beard oils can be made from a variety of ingredients, although their main aim is the same – keeping facial hair moisturized to prevent the hair from becoming brittle and uncomfortable.
Why should you buy a good beard oil?
For any man sporting a beard, beard oil is a fantastic cosmetic product well worth investing in. Not only does it make your beard look and feel softer, but it maintains healthy levels of moisture in the skin and hair to prevent uncomfortable dryness. So, if you have a beard that is itchy, dry, or suffers from sensitive skin but still want some facial hair, then the best option is beard oil as it offers relief from all of the above. The best beard oils also come with a naturally masculine scent.
How to choose the right beard oil?
To ensure you have the best beard oil for your beard, you will want to choose one based on the length of your facial hair, otherwise, you may not be gaining all the benefits from the product:
- Stubble: Facial hair that has yet to form into a long length beard still require moisturizing, so the best beard oil for this would be something lighter. This can be made better if there are healing properties such as tea tree oil, as this can help with discomfort such as itching.
- Medium Length: Any type of beard oil will be suitable for this length of beard, so it’s usually a case of personal preferences here. Look for something that has a nice scent or properties that appeal to you, such as for sensitive skin.
- Long Length: Longer beards are much more difficult to maintain, which is why a heavier beard oil is the best option in most cases. This will help keep hair done, offering a much tidier appearance that most men desire.
Beyond choosing based on beard length, here are some other things to consider:
- Scents: The best beard oils provide an alluring scent that should make your beard smell fantastic. However, as this is all down to personal preference, be sure to find a scent that you find appealing as you will be smelling it often!
- Essential Oils: Different essential oils offer different benefits for the beard oil, so be sure to find one that suits your needs. For instance, lavender can soothe the skin while tea tree can fight irritations, so try to have an idea of what your beard and skin need most to get the best beard oil.
What is the best kind of beard oil in Australia?
With so many products to choose from, finding the best beard oil for your skin and beard can feel somewhat overwhelming. However, there are few notable types of beard oil products that may appeal to your needs.
- Beard Oils: The best all-round beard oil, they feature a carrier oil that mimics the oils produced by the skin, while carrying essential oils, the main active ingredient. Every essential oil serves a different purpose and offers different types of benefits.
- Beard Balms: Beard oils aren’t always oil-based, as many products feature a balm consistency. These are better than beard oil for holding hair in places, while oils present in the balm provide the same benefits as standard beard oil. Balms melt easily into the hand, turning into an oil-like substance, so it starts off a soft product before turning a light balm material offering many benefits.
- Beard Washes: A common misconception is that standard shampoo for the hair is suitable for washing a beard. This isn’t the case, as they are far too powerful and can end up stripping the hair of its natural oils, causing dry and brittle hair. The best beard oils work most effectively when combined with beard wash, as they combine to offer many benefits while ensuring facial hair and skin stay hydrated.
Top 10 list of beard oils in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their beard oils. Which beard oil is the best?
- Bull dog Man's best freind
- Purpose built for men
- Our products never contain artificial colours synthetic fragrances or ingredients…
- LONG TERM BEARD BENEFITS: If you’re sporting a 3-day beard, goatee stubble…
- BEARD OIL REVOLUTION: Proudly made using vegan and cruelty free ingredients; a gentlemanly…
- GENTLE CARE FOR MASCULINE BEARD: Benjamin Bernard's products made with high quality…
- Rich in natural essential oils
- No silicone, parabens, or colorants
- Nourishes skin underneath the beard
- Daily care of your beard and face
- Enriched with essential oils
- Nourishes face and skin underneath the beard
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - We guarantee satisfaction on all Slick Daddy products.…
- GOOD FOR YOU GOOD FOR THE EARTH - Slick Daddy is a purpose driven brand. We choose…
- STYLE WITH CONFIDENCE - This balm provides a light-medium styling hold and a matte…
- Made by Proraso, Italy's leader in men's grooming since 1948
- Softens long beards
- Made in Italy
- Bull dog+ Man's best freind
- Purpose built for men
- Specially formulated to soften+ tame and condition your beard
- Get rid of the dreaded beardruff! Just place a few drops of beard growth oil men…
- This beard oil for men adds the right amount of shine to your beard, making it look…
- Nourishes The Beard: The deep conditioning provided for better beard growth
- TAME STUBBORN FACIAL HAIR - Have a manageable, frizz-free beard that is soft &…
- 100% NATURAL & ORGANIC - We've put together the perfect blend of Organic Argan…
- SAY GOODBYE TO AN ITCHY, SCRATCHY BEARD - Get rid of the dreaded beardruff! Just…
- CUSTOMER CLAIMS FOR A SECOND USE - We have claims from some customers that using…
- SATISFIED CUSTOMER OR YOUR MONEY BACK! – Beard Care wants your experience with…
- LONGER, STRONGER, HEALTHY HYDRATED BEARD HAIR - Applying beard oil to a dry and brittle…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best beard oils, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a beard oil test. Last Update: 2021/06/21.