Review10Best compares the best body lotions in Australia and selects the one by NIVEA as the best body lotion. In a body lotion buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different body lotions and see a recommendation on which body lotion to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of body lotions, you can find the best body lotions and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate body lotion buying guide
- View the body lotion picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best body lotions for your skin type can be difficult. Not everyone knows what type of skin they have and what the best body lotion is for this, leading many to buy the wrong product that doesn’t benefit their skin. To help you find the right lotions, check out the body lotion buying guide below:
What are body lotions?
A body lotion is a low-viscosity skincare product applied to the body to rehydrate the skin. Made with a wide combination of ingredients, most body lotions cater to different skin types, while the lotion may provide additional benefits like soothing hard and callused skin.
Why should you buy a good body lotion?
The best body lotion is a great addition to any skincare routine. It provides nourishment and hydration for the body, alleviating things like dry and calloused skin, leaving it looking supple and better than ever. Sometimes people have dry skin throughout the body, in which case a good body cream can alleviate the symptoms such as itchiness and discomfort. It also helps to soften the skin in rougher areas like the elbows, knees, and heels.
Plus, the smell and feel of most lotions are very pleasant, so you generally feel much better after applying it.
How to choose the right body lotion?
You need to make sure you choose the best lotion that is suitable for your needs, so here are things to help find the right product:
- Skin: If you are unsure of your skin type then it’s most likely normal, in which case most body lotions should be fine. However, if you suffer from dry skin then you may want to choose a lotion that offers an extra moisturising, whereas people with oily skin will want to avoid ingredients that clog pores. Sensitive skin types benefit from hypoallergenic lotions with fewer ingredients.
- Ingredients: The best body lotions tend to use all-natural ingredients, so it’s worth to check the ingredients to make sure there is nothing that might be harsh to the skin. For instance, ammonia derivatives can be quite harsh while it is best to avoid lotions with sulphur and hydroquinone.
- Volume: As it’s being applied to the entire body, it’s worth looking at the volume of any lotion you’re thinking of buying. If the lotion is expensive and comes with a low volume then it may not be cost-effective to use as part of your daily skincare routine. It’s important to find the balance between quality and affordability.
What is the best kind of body lotion in Australia?
Here are some of the best-selling body lotions available to buy:
- Body Lotions for Normal Skin: A body lotion for normal skin has a good balance of ingredients to moisturise the body but may have certain ingredients that are too harsh for dry or sensitive skin. They come in a nice range of pleasant fragrances too.
- Body Lotions for Dry Skin: A lotion for dry skin comes with additional moisturising effects, providing relief from dry skin such as itchiness. They usually feature ingredients like petrolatum and mineral oils, which help the skin hold more water to keep it hydrated.
- Body Lotions for Sensitive Skin: Not to be confused with dry skin, body lotions for sensitive skin don’t need to address a lack of moisture like dry skin, but provide carefully selected ingredients that are less likely to cause irritations like red patches.
Top 10 list of body lotions in Australia (January 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their body lotions. Which body lotion is the best?
- Building on 100 years of trusted NIVEA skincare expertise.
- A Body Lotion formulated to enhance your skin’s natural protective layer.
- Perfect Moisturiser for Dry to Very Dry Skin
- Light lavender scent
- Clinically proven to moisturise skin for 24 hours
- Significantly improves the condition of dry skin in just 2 weeks*
- Supports a restful night's sleep
- Naturally relaxes tired muscles
- item volume:88.0 milliliters
- item weight:130.0 grams
- Apply this lightweight moisturiser evenly on to cleansed skin. Massage gently until…
- It gives you a softens and hydrates skin
- Nourishes stressed skin
- body lotion with an aroma proven to reduce feelings of stress.
- Fragrance-free, won’t clog pores
- Gently exfoliates to improve the appearance of dry, rough skin
- Combines moisturizer naturally found in the skin with alpha hydroxy to intensively…
- Fragrance free
- Dermatologically tested and non-comedogenic
- Restores epidermis to regain long-lasting suppleness
- Leaves skin feeling soft, moist and comfortable
- Instantly relieves feelings of tightness and roughness
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best body lotions, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a body lotion test. Last Update: 2022/01/27.