Review10Best compares the best calculators in Australia and selects the one by Casio as the best calculator. In a calculator buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different calculators and see a recommendation on which calculator to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of calculators, you can find the best calculators and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate calculator buying guide
- View the calculator picks and see how they rank in the top list
A calculator is necessary for solving various mathematic problems, being used by both professionals and students. However, with a wide selection of products offering different functions, knowing what the best calculator is for your needs can be rather difficult.
Check out this handy buying guide for all the info you need:
What are calculators?
A calculator is a small electronic device used to make calculations. This can vary from basic arithmetic to complex mathematics, resulting in a wide range of devices designed for specific functions.
Why should you buy a good calculator?
The best calculators make it much easier to perform both basic and complex calculations, making them an incredible useful device for many. For instance, students studying maths at any level with need a suitable calculator, while others use them for making quick and accurate calculations to help with work, budgeting, etc.
How to choose the right calculator?
Choosing the right calculator isn’t always easy, so it helps to know what you need from the device. Here are some things to consider:
- Purpose: One of the easiest ways to find a suitable calculator is to consider why you need it. For instance, if you have an exam or coursework to study, then you will likely need a scientific or graphing calculator. Those that need one for doing arithmetic should be fine with a more basic handheld calculator, while anyone that needs a calculator for their business may benefit from financial calculators that print off documents.
- Budget: Advanced calculators that offer a range of functions tend to cost a lot more than a basic pocket calculator, so it may help to set yourself a budget. Graphing calculators in particular are rather expensive but may be necessary, so it’s often a good idea to shop around for the best deal possible. Consider buying second hand if you are on a tight budget.
- Power Source: Many great calculators don’t come with batteries, rather using solar power to operate. While this is environmentally friendly and much cheaper, it can be unreliable in some cases. This isn’t much of a problem for most users, but anyone buying a calculator for an exam should consider a device with a backup battery to ensure it doesn’t die when they need it most!
What is the best kind of calculator in Australia?
There are many types of calculators to choose from, all of which serve various purposes. Some of the most widely used calculators include:
- Handheld Calculator: The standard calculator that most are familiar with, they come with basic functions that allow the user to add, multiply, subtract, and divide. They can vary in size while some include additional functions such as calculating square roots.
- Scientific Calculator: Scientific calculators can do a variety of calculations, including statistics, algebra, conversions, and many other mathematical equations. This type of calculator is the most widely used type among students and professionals working in various fields that need to solve complex calculations.
- Graph Calculator: The most advanced type of calculator, graph calculators come with an incredible range of functions. They include lager screens for displaying graphs, formulas and equations, and are designed for use in advanced maths and science courses, along with professionals working in engineering and science fields. Because of their advanced technology, graph calculators aren’t the cheapest to buy.
- Financial Calculator: The best calculators for running small businesses, they are designed to quickly process data and provide results that are easy to understand. Their functions are based around calculating finances, such as net spend, cost sell margins, etc. Both students and professionals working/studying in financial fields require this type of calculator.
Top 10 list of calculators in Australia (September 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their calculators. Which calculator is the best?
- Colour coded keypad for easy key differentiation, Simple and easy to use, Comes with…
- Basic Trigonometrical & Statistics Functions, and many more functions
- Stylish design but same function as Casio FX 991ESPLUS 1st edition, 10 digit mantissa…
- Big ABS plastic button, offer accurate positioning and comfortable texture, support…
- Auto shut-down in 8min if no further operation.
- Support +/-(negative)%√ calculation; Rounding off & decimal place setting;…
- Item condition new
- Easy to use
- BRAND : Helect
- Package includes: Scientific Calculator*1, instructions, customer service card
- Solid sliding protective case covers either side of the calculator. Protects buttons…
- Meets the ergonomics design and offers a comfortable grip. Responsive buttons, clear…
- Perfect for algebra, calculus, statistics and more
- Quick and easy recall of previously performed formulas for editing and re-execut…
- Basic trigonometric and statistics functions and many more functions, multi-repl…
- Country of Origin: Philippines
- Fraction/decimal conversion
- One- and two-variable statistics
- Auto power down feature
- Interest rate conversions
- TVM, IRR and NPV valculations
- Recheck with Sound Assist Go To Function
- 300 Steps Check Review & Auto Review
- Automatic rounding-off F, CUT, UP, 5/4 Square Root
- View previous steps and edit input data.
- Designed and manufactured for easy operation.
- You can quickly and easily load and edit previously executed formulas or rerun t…
- Features include 3 Key Full Memory function, percentage and square root keys
- Solar powered with the added security of battery back up for low light condition…
- Extra large and tilted 8 digit display for easy viewing
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best calculators, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a calculator test. Last Update: 2022/09/27.