Review10Best compares the best cartridge razors in Australia and selects the one by BIC as the best razor. In a cartridge razor buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different razors and see a recommendation on which cartridge razor to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of razors, you can find the best cartridge razors and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate cartridge razor buying guide
- View the cartridge razor picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to razors
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best cartridge razor is always worthwhile. Without a good razor, shaving becomes more difficult and likely to cause cuts and bumps, giving plenty of incentive to find the best possible product to ensure a nice clean shave. However, finding a good cartridge razor is challenging when there are so many options available, so it helps to do some research so you can tell the good from the bad. To help with that, check out the handy buying guide below. It covers all the info you need to know to find the best cartridge razors.
What are cartridge razors?
A cartridge razor is the most widely used shaving device in the world. It has a detachable cartridge that houses one or several razor blades that are pivoted to provide a close shave while reducing the risk of accidentally cutting yourself. Once the blades have dulled, the cartridge easily detaches from the handle and is replaced with another cartridge.
Why should you buy a good cartridge razor?
The best cartridge razors offer many shaving benefits. Their simple operation means most people use them without any effort, while their design makes them much safer to use than a safety razor or straight razor. You can also have a clean shave in just a few minutes using a good cartridge razor, with their speed being another key advantage, especially for anyone that wants to spend less time shaving in the morning.
Also, because they are so widely used, there are many varieties available, making it easy to find a great cartridge razor that suits your needs and budget.
How to choose the right cartridge razor?
Everyone has their own needs when it comes to a good razor, so here are a few things to help you identify what you need:
- Number of Blades: Cartridge razors come with anywhere from 2-8 razor blades, so always check this before buying one to see whether it is suitable for your needs. There is a lot of debate regarding how much more effective multiple blades make shaving, with it mostly depending on the individual’s facial hair and shaving habits. It is thought they make shaving more comfortable by reducing friction to avoid irritating skin, although the more blades the costlier the razor tends to be.
- Shaving Habits: It is helpful to think about your shaving habits, as it makes finding a suitable blade that bit easier. For instance, if you need to shave each day just to prevent dark stubble from appearing, then four or five-bladed cartridge may be a good idea. If you have less facial hair then fewer blades may do the job fine and save you some money.
- Comfort: The comfort a cartridge razor offers does vary, with cheaper products with fewer blades often being less comfortable on the skin. It does depend on how thick your facial hair is and often you need to shave, with fewer blades often being fine for lighter growth and infrequent shaving. The cheapest cartridges do often cause discomfort either during or after shaving, so try to avoid anything too cheap. Look for features like lubrication strips, which provide added protection against friction, which is the main cause for nicks, cuts, and general discomfort when shaving.
What is the best kind of cartridge razor in Australia?
There are two main types of cartridge razors to buy:
- Manual Cartridge Razor: These are the most common and widely used type of cartridge razor. They are operated manually by pulling the blade across the face to remove facial hair, often featuring lubrication strips to reduce friction. The number of blades varies, with some having just a few and others upwards of 5, with more blades believed to provide a closer cut and more comfortable shave.
- Battery Cartridge Razor: A recent trend in cartridge razors, these types feature a small electric motor in the handle that vibrates the blades as you shave. It works the same as a manual razor but with some added power, making it especially good for thicker growth or when you need a quick shave.
Top 10 list of cartridge razors in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their cartridge razors. Which razor is the best?
- Refills not sold separately
- A new handle and 12 cartridges in every package provides added convenience
- Enhanced lubricating strip for extra glide
- Pack of 4
- Flip back trimmer for precise trimming
- 7 Gel pools for instant lubricating protection
- Fits all Gillette Mach3 razor handles
- Long lasting Comfort Gel Bar with 2x more Skin Guard Fins provide an incredible smooth…
- 3 razor blades featuring sharper, turbo cutting blades with anti friction coating…
- FITS ALL GILLETTE SKINGUARD AND FUSION5 RAZORS
- PRECISION TRIMMER
- LUBRICATION BEFORE AND AFTER THE BLADES
- Travel cover to protect your blades when you're on the move
- Made with a weighted core and ergonomic shape that is designed to feel good in your…
- A rubberized handle with a textured pattern provides optimal control, even when…
- Refills not sold separately
- A new handle and 4 cartridges in every package provides added convenience
- Weighted handle for greater control Lubricating strip and pivoting head for better…
- Better than a new disposable even on the 10th shave
- Ergonomic Handle
- Microfin Skin Guard
- Fits all Fusion razor handles
- MicroComb that helps guide stubble to the blades
- Precision Trimmer on back great for edging tough areas; nose and sideburns
- Includes 6 Refill Cartridges
- Shave Comfortable at Any Angle and Great for Sensitive Skin
- Micro-Thin, Non-Stick Coating on Stainless Steel Helps Protect the Life of the B…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best razors, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a cartridge razor test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.
Other reviews related to razors