Review10Best compares the best concealers in Australia and selects the one by NYX Professional Makeup as the best concealer. In a concealer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different concealers and see a recommendation on which concealer to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of concealers, you can find the best concealers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate concealer buying guide
- View the concealer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- More about concealers on the web
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Making up should be fun, but dark patches, freckles, and blemishes on the skin can really frustrate a good attempt at having the perfect makeup. But not to worry, getting the perfect makeup is still possible. Using the best concealers mask those blemishes, cover up the dark patches, fade unpleasant freckles on the skin and still blend with the tone of your skin.
What are concealers?
As the name implies, concealer is a cosmetic used to conceal flaws on the skin. Though similar to foundation, concealers are thicker and have constituents that fade and hide these flaws on the skin, so they blend to the tone of your skin.
Why should you buy a good concealer?
There are several reasons why you should try out a good concealer. They perfect your makeup by concealing wrinkles and covering up blemishes, leaving your skin evenly tone. Applying the right concealer enhances the appearance of your skin and even makes you look much younger.
How to choose the right concealer?
Although the right concealer will succeed at covering up flaws and blemishes on the body, using the wrong concealer for your skin type will worsen the whole thing and draw more attention to points where there are flaws on your skin, which you intend to cover up. This strongly signals that choosing the best concealer is essential.
Here are a few tips to help you pick just the right one for you:
- Skin Undertone: You need to know and consider your skin’s undertone and pick a foundation that blends with it. However, for concealers, it is best to go for one that that is 1 or 2 shades lighter than your skin’s undertone. This is because when the concealer dries, it tends to become a little darker.
- Texture: Make sure the texture is good enough to conceal your skin flaws. Go for concealers with lighter textures if you don’t have a serious skin flaw you intend to conceal. Applying concealers with heavy texture will make your skin appear tough.
- Application: Decide on which method of application would be best for you before buying one. How would you prefer your concealer? In a creamy form, with a stick form or in a liquid form? Use solid stick concealer if you need a good spread over thin or little areas on your skin. You can go for creamy or liquid concealers if you intend to spread it over a larger surface area on your skin.
After considering the above tips, here are a few advanced guidelines that will help you pay for best concealers for you:
- Ladies with dry skin type should go for liquid and creamy texture concealers with a lustreless finish as this will reveal the dryness of the skin even more. If you have large pores, you should also avoid this type of concealers because it may clog up your pores.
- Do not pick stick or cream concealers if you have oily skin type. They tend to make the skin appear oilier.
- Pick a concealer that blends perfectly well with the color of the foundation you are using.
- Ensure you buy only the best concealers that are about one or two shades lighter than your natural skin tone.
What is the best kind of concealer in Australia?
There are several types of concealers, and they come in different forms. Here is a list of the different types and what the best concealers look like:
- Stick Concealer: Stick concealers are debatably the handiest of all the forms of concealers. They are versatile and can be carried along in your bag or purse without the stress of space or weight. The concealer is contained in a solid tube with a lid or cover. With the stick concealer, you can apply it over a thin or small surface of your skin, unlike the cream form that can only be applied over a larger area. The best stick concealers come with certain constituents that help treat some skin conditions, plus they do not smudge off like the powder or liquid concealers.
- Cream Sticker: Cream concealers also come in handy packs but are bigger than the stick form. They are contained in a like and are in cream forms. Basically, they are in cake forms and are more efficient when you want to apply the concealer over a large surface area of your skin but have a slight drawback in that they tend to smudge over time. Cream concealers are contained in small round or box containers and usually accompanied with special foams or for applying them.
- Liquid Sticker: Best for the areas under the eyes, the liquid concealers come with some hydrating elements to keep it dry once it is applied. Using a pointed tip, they can be applied to narrow or small areas of the skin and over a large area using a brush. They usually come in gel forms contained in rubber tubes. Some, and not all, of liquid concealers, will not smudge so easily with time, but would still get messed up if it rains on it or it gets in contact with water. However, the best have waterproof properties that will prevent it from getting damaged when it comes in contact with water.
Top 10 list of concealers in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their concealers. Which concealer is the best?
- Cruelty free
- Apply on bare skin or over makeup
- Also suitable as a contouring concealer to sculpt chin and cheekbones
- More Completely
- More Targeted
- Active Formula + Micro Corrector Applicator Now Erase Instantly
- Our formula camouflages imperfections and dark circles with ultra-resistant, full…
- Master Conceal by Face Studio from Maybelline New York, is a master concealer
- Master Conceal - No Reveal
- Diminishes the look of puffiness
- Instantly erase dark circles and fine lines
- Micro-corrector applicator + dark circles treatment formula
- Blend using fingertips in gentle, patting motion
- Photochromatic pigments bend, reflect, and diffuse light
- Full yet undetectable coverage
- Easy to use and gives your eyes gorgeous definition
- Soft precision applicator
- Illuminates the eye area
- Available in a range of unique shades
- Iconic blender tip delivers medium coverage in just a few clicks
- Easy-to-use, creaseless formula glides on for smooth coverage all over the face
- Fresh and natural finish
- Breathable comfort
- Covers imperfections, blemishes and dark circles
- Vegan forumla
- Lasts all day
- Easy to blend, no caking or cracking!
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best concealers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a concealer test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.
Further resources about concealers
- Best Concealers to Erase Dark Circles, Puffiness, and More | Vogue: The best concealers that do more than just cover up tired eyes and long nights are some of most versatile beauty products on the market. (source: www.vogue.com)
- 20 Concealers on Amazon | BuzzFeed: 20 Concealers You Can Get On Amazon That People Actually Swear By (source: www.buzzfeed.com)
- The Best Concealers Under $20 | Allure: Using the Allure Beauty Product Finder, we've rounded up the best concealers—all for under $20 a pop. (source: www.allure.com)