Review10Best compares the best dog toys in Australia and selects the one by YvuuvY as the best dog toy. In a dog toy buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different dog toys and see a recommendation on which dog toy to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of dog toys, you can find the best dog toys and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
With so many great products to choose from, selecting the best dog toy for your pet can take quite some time! Of course, most dog owners will buy their furry friend a nice variety of toys to help keep them stimulated, but there are certain toys that offer different benefits. In fact, the best dog toys for your pet will likely be different from another dog, as their personality usually plays a big part in what they will like, along with the tendencies associated with their breed.
The buying guide below gives all the information you need about picking the best dog toys for your pet. So if you’re unsure of what to get be sure to read on!
What are dog toys?
Dog toys are toys that have been designed for dogs to play with. There are countless varieties of great dog toys, all of which serve different purposes, such as chew toys, tug toys, squeaky toys, and dog bones. Toys come in countless shapes, sizes, and designs, with some being designed to suit certain breeds, ages, and tendencies.
Why should you buy a good dog toy?
There are many reasons to buy your dog a selection of toys. For instance, training toys are very important for teaching younger dogs what they can chew on, while also being a relief for teething issues. Toys also encourage you and your dog to play with one another, which helps to strengthen your bond and give them plenty of exercise, such playing fetch or a game of tug. Some out of the best dog toys allow dogs to remain stimulated, too. For example, enrichment, and self-amusement toys will encourage a dog to play with itself when bored rather becoming destructive.
Plus, who doesn’t want to treat their beloved dog to some nice toys to play with? Nothing can be more fun than playing around with your dog and their toys – it’s one of the best parts of being a dog-owner!
How to choose the right dog toy?
There’s plenty to take into consideration when looking for the best dog toy for your pet, as not all dogs are going to like the same thing. Be sure to think about some of the following points when choosing dog toys for your pet:
- Breed: Different dog breeds have different tendencies, so be sure to think about this when looking for a new toy. For instance, if your dog is a breed that has chewing tendencies, like a German Shepard or Jack Russel Terrier, then obviously chew toys should be your main focus. On the other side, fetch and soft toys are great for retrieval breeds like Labrador and Golden Retrievers.
- Durability: The best dog toy is often the one that lasts the longest! Understandably, dogs love to have a good chew and pull at their toys, so you will want to look for products made from strong materials like nylon and other hard rubbers. Soft plush toys are ideal for breeds that enjoy carrying and any dogs that like a toy to sleep with, but they can still deteriorate quite quickly!
- Age: The age of your dog will help determine which dog toys are better suited for them. For example, puppies require chewing dog toys to help them deal with teething, which shouldn’t be too hard that they hurt their baby teeth. In this case, soft plastics or fabric toys are ideal. Adult dogs can use most types of toys with ease, especially hard rubber toys, but older dogs won’t have the same strength or energy they once did, thus may prefer something softer.
What is the best kind of dog toy in Australia?
There are so many dog toys to choose from, it’s little surprise that owners buy their pets so many different types! Here is a list of the best dog toys you can buy your pet:
- Chewing Dog Toys: Perfect for chewing on, these are great dog toys for virtually every breed. They help keep the dog busy while also being great for their teeth - especially useful for breeds that love to chew.
- Soft Dog Toys: Made from soft fabrics and fillings, soft dog toys are great for many dogs that like to be gentler with their toys. Ideal for breeds that love to carry or cuddle things.
- Tugging Dog Toys: These toys are usually made from rope or plastic and are fantastic for many breeds of dog. This is because they let dogs use their instinctive nature to pull and hold their pretty, while also being a great dog toy for building a bond as you take part in the fun.
- Fetch Dog Toys: You can easily find many great fetch dog toys, although you can’t go wrong with a tennis ball either! Most dogs love to chase something, so throwing a ball or a toy is always likely to do down well.
Top 10 list of dog toys in Australia (January 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their dog toys. Which dog toy is the best?
- Satisfied Puppy ToysWe are so certain that your dog will love these small dog toys.…
- Design for Small Dogs and PuppiesPretty, colorful and attractive puppy toys. The…
- Great for Dental HealthDog chew toys help with the urge to chew while helping soothe…
- An excellent gift idea for your dog
- Perfect special cuddle buddy for your dog
- Offer hours of fun and exercise for dog
- Suitable for Pets of Various Body Types:This adjustable and interactive treat dispensing…
- Slow Down Your Pet's Eating Rate:You no longer have to worry about pets eating too…
- Fun to Play:dog brain stimulating toys can keep your pet highly active when playing.When…
- Vibrant Colours: You will receive one of five vibrant assorted colours: orange, pink,…
- All Conditions: Ideal for quiet indoor and tough outdoor play
- Fetch Toy: This toy is designed to sustain long sessions of fetch toss and retri…
- Purina quality you can trust
- Entertain your dog
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes and ages
- Bacon flavor
- Long-lasting and tastes great too!
- Satisfies your dog's natural instinct to chew
- Customer ServiceIf you have any questions or help, we will provide you with a satisfactory…
- Interactive Entertainment, Chewing Toys The dog can make a sound when chewing the…
- Dog Teeth Cleaning ToysThe Dog toothbrush stick is designed to clean dog's teeth…
- Durable material provides long-lasting fun
- Long tails and squeaker instinctively irresistible
- Ideal for tug-and-toss exercise
- For your little angel--or devil
- Great chew toy
- Erratic bounce path when thrown
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best dog toys, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a dog toy test. Last Update: 2022/01/24.