Review10Best compares the best DVD players in Australia and selects the one by KCR as the best DVD player. In a DVD player buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different DVD players and see a recommendation on which DVD player to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of DVD players, you can find the best DVD players and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate DVD player buying guide
- View the DVD player picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
With so many products to choose from, it’s not always easy finding the best DVD player. Still a quintessential part of any home theater system, a good DVD player doesn’t need to cost much while still offering quality playback and a host of great features. Check out this handy buying guide to help you find the best DVD player:
What are DVD players?
A DVD player is a device that connects to a television to play digital versatile disks (DVDs). DVDs provide a wide range of content, including movies, television shows, and much more, while some DVD players can also play CDs like a traditional CD player.
Why should you buy a good DVD player?
Despite the increased popularity of digital streaming and Blu-ray players, DVDs remain very popular. All the latest film and popular television shows are released on DVD format, so it makes sense to own a good DVD player should you want to watch something new. Moreover, most people keep their old DVDs, meaning it’s good to a have a DVD player on hand should you wish to watch any old movies or TV shows. The best DVD players offer great image and audio quality and are very affordable, making them a worthwhile investment for most households.
How to choose the right DVD player?
Looking for the best DVD player money can buy? Be sure to consider some of the following things before you buy:
- HD Upscaling: With HD televisions becoming standard it’s important to find a DVD player that upscales the image quality. This results in better images from DVDs, bringing them closer to HD than with a standard DVD player.
- Connectivity: Most of the best DVD players now feature digital outputs, meaning there are no separate A/V connections. It’s a good idea to buy a DVD player with digital connectivity, i.e. an HDMI output that connects to the TV or an AV receiver. Remember, that many HD televisions no longer feature SCART or component video.
- Progressive Scan: The best DVD players now feature progressive scanning. This means that all video lines are displayed at once rather than two separate fields, which is found in older DVD players using interlacing scanning. Picture quality is generally improved with progressive scan, while it prevents annoying flickers from ruining the video.
- Format Playback: If you download video content and want to burn it onto DVD and use in your DVD player, then it’s important to choose a model with suitable playback options. Not all file formats are compatible with DVD players, especially online formats such as DivX. Also, consider a DVD player that can play different region formats if you buy DVDs from other parts of the world, otherwise they won’t be compatible.
What is the best kind of DVD player in Australia?
There are various types of DVD players to buy, any of which may be suitable for your home entertainment setup.
- DVD Recorder: Not only plays DVDs but also records them, which is great for anyone that enjoys recording content from the television.
- DVD VCR Combo Players: Plays both DVDs and VHS tapes, which is a great feature for anyone that can’t stand to part with their beloved video collection! Many allow VHS to be copied onto DVD formats too.
- Blu-ray Players: Blu-ray players are designed to play DVDs, too. This makes them a good choice for anyone that wants to keep their DVDs but also start investing in Blu-ray.
- Portable DVD Players: As the name suggests, this DVD player is designed for portable use, with a screen usually included. Although much smaller, these are a great type of DVD player for using on the move, whether traveling long-distance or even shorter journeys in the car.
Top 10 list of DVD players in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their DVD players. Which DVD player is the best?
- AU Power plug pin, 110-240V 50/60Hz.1.2M HDMI cable
- WARRANTY: Majority offer full technical support for every item, 1year
- REMOTE CONTROL: Control the DVD player and its settings with the supplied remote…
- ♥ 3-year warranty – we’re so confident in the quality of our BD3000…
- ♥ Support for all major media formats: BD-video, AVI (Xvid and MPEG 4), Divx…
- ♥ True multi-channel surround sound output – not just 2.0 but Dolby…
- Using just one cable, you can connect it to a multitude of devices without any signal…
- Built-in Anti-Shock & Error-Correction technologies assure uninterrupted viewing…
- DVD player with remote is made of the first-grade lens and decoding solution to read…
- Australian Plug and Australian Manufacturer's Warranty Included
- HDMI Cable included
- LAN (Ethernet) for BD;live Internet Apps and Firmware updates
- Warranty: This is an AU version with AU warranty and support
- Triluminous colour for a wider colour range
- High quality audio through 7.1 channel high definition sound bitstream
- Full HD Up-scaling
- USB movie playback
- 2D Blu-ray Disc/DVD player/CD player
- Total HDMI Ports: 1
- Power source type: AC
- USB input for multimedia playback, led display, coaxial digital output, full function…
- Excellent PerformanceAdopted unique intelligent burning technology, this CD/DVD drive…
- Ultrathin DesignUltra-slim portable DVD drive, lightweight, it's convenient to use…
- System RequirementsSupport for Windows XP/2003/Wind 7/8/Vista/Linux/Mac 10 OS.Specially…
- Play sound via the built-in speakers or through the 3.5 mm earphone output
- Has a rechargeable, high-capacity Li-polymer battery for constant media playback…
- Simply swivel the monitor for up to 180 degrees to watch movies at an angle that…
- BD-Live and BonusView support for added bonus features with compatible discs (requires…
- Internet-ready with 100+ apps for playing TV shows, movies, and music, including…
- Plays A Blu Ray (Region B &C optional) from any part of the World. Built-in NTSC⇔PAL…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best DVD players, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a DVD player test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.