Review10Best compares the best frying pans in Australia and selects the one by Tefal as the best frying pan. In a frying pan buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different frying pans and see a recommendation on which frying pan to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of frying pans, you can find the best frying pans and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate frying pan buying guide
- View the frying pan picks and see how they rank in the top list
Looking for the best frying pan for cooking with but aren’t sure what to look for? Surprisingly, there are quite a few things you need to think about when buying a good frying pan, from the foods you commonly cook to how easy to clean you want them to be, which is why so many often struggle to find a great pan.
Check out this buying guide for all the info you need to find the best frying pans:
What are frying pans?
A frying pan is a cooking utensil used to fry, brown, and sear foods. It features a flat-bottomed base, low sides flaring outwards, and a long handle. Like most cookware, frying pans are available in a range of sizes and materials, the latter of which influences its suitability for certain cooking methods.
Why should you buy a good frying pan?
A good frying pan is a must-have for any kitchen. This versatile piece of cookware can be used to prepare all kinds of foods using various cooking methods, including searing, frying, browning, and sautéing.
How to choose the right frying pan?
Here are a few considerations to make to find the best frying pan for your needs:
- Material: Frying pans are available in various materials, with each one offering its advantages. For instance, cast iron is great for searing meats, stainless steel heats quickly and is versatile, while non-stick pans are affordable and easy to clean.
- Cooking Style: Think about what type of cooking methods you use most as this makes it easier to find the right pan that best accommodates this. For instance, if just need something simple and versatile for all kinds of cooking you can’t go wrong while stainless steel or non-stick pans, while meat lovers will benefit from cast iron due to its exceptional searing capabilities.
- Size: The size of the pan is important as it will influence what type of things you can cook in it. For instance, a small frying pan is great for sautéing vegetables but often lack the space for frying whole cuts meat and fish. It often helps to have various sizes to choose from to suit different cooking requirements.
What is the best kind of frying pan in Australia?
The most popular frying pans can be grouped by their materials:
- Cast Iron Frying Pans: A classic type of pan, cast iron is perfect for searing meats and retain heat for long periods, while they can also be used to finish off foods in the oven.
- Stainless Steel Frying Pans: A great all-rounder, steel pans are suitable for most cooking from browning to braising, while their low maintenance and impressive durability make them a great buy for most.
- Non-stick Frying Pans: Ideal for cooking delicate foods like eggs and vegetables, non-stick pans are the easiest type to clean and require the least amount of oil for cooking.
- Copper Frying Pans: Copper pans are very convenient thanks to their ability to quickly heat up and cook down, making it a good choice for foods that require more control over the heat.
Top 10 list of frying pans in Australia (July 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their frying pans. Which frying pan is the best?
- Country of origin: France
- Package dimensions: 472.0 millimeters length X 298.0 millimeters height X 75.0 millimeters…
- Model number: G1500623
- Country of Origin: China
- Package Weight: 794.0 g
- Model Number: CC001597-001
- From The Hob, Into The Oven, To The Table, Into The Fridge, To The Dishwasher And…
- Thermo-Spot Technology Indicates The Ideal Starting Cooking Temperature To Guarantee…
- Premium Quality Stainless Steel
- Works with any gas or electric cook top. Not induction compatible.
- Layer of scratch-resistant, professional-grade nonstick bonded to interior, ensure…
- Nonstick, not easy deform, safety and durable.
- Package Weight: 1.1 kg
- Country of Origin: China
- Package Quantity: 1
- If you're looking for the perfect gastronomic gift, these frying pans really turn…
- With a handle on both sides and a convenient pouring lip to avoid spillages, our…
- Our cast iron cookware comes ‘pre-seasoned’ – a protective coating…
- Thermo-Spot turns red when pan has reached the ideal temperature for perfect sea…
- The Titanium non stick interior provides ease of use and extra durability
- Enhanced resistance and a good looking brushed grey finish
- Handles secured with rivets
- Inside mirror polish, drip free pouring rim
- Optimal 6.4mm thick bonded base, for efficient, even heat distribution on all cooktops…
- Suitable for all stovetops including induction
- Mirror-polished stainless steel handle stays cool thanks to a V-shaped cutout
- Will never warp, wobble, or scratch over time, ensuring even cooking without the…
- Unparalleled distribution and retention of heat ensures rapid and efficient cooking.Suitable…
- Pre seasoned at Lodge's foundry for a natural, easy release finish that improves…
- Two subtle side lips enable simple and mess free pouring
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best frying pans, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a frying pan test. Last Update: 2022/07/04.