Review10Best compares the best hair clippers in Australia and selects the one by PHILIPS as the best hair clipper. In a hair clipper buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hair clippers and see a recommendation on which hair clipper to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of hair clippers, you can find the best hair clippers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hair clipper buying guide
- View the hair clipper picks and see how they rank in the top list
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best hair clippers make it easy to maintain your hair from home. Yet, finding a suitable product can be difficult when there are so many options to choose from. Not all hair clippers are made equal, so it’s important to know what you need and what to look for in a product to ensure you get something suitable for your needs.
Check out the buying guide below for all the info you need to find the best hair clippers!
What are hair clippers?
A hair clipper, commonly called hair trimmer, is a home grooming product used to cut hair. While designs vary, most hair trimmers consist of two sets sharpened comb-style oscillating blades that rotate side to side and a large handle to move the device around the head. When powered, the clipper passes hair through the blades, cutting it to the desired length using an action similar to scissors. When using good hair clippers, comb guards or adjustable blades are used to change how much length is removed.
Why should you buy a good hair clipper?
The best hair clippers make maintaining your hair from home a piece of cake. Usually sold with an array of attachments and accessories, hair clippers can be used to cut hair to various lengths, making it easy to get the desired hairstyle without ever going to the barbers or hairdressers.
Easy to use and very convenient, hair clippers are great for many people, including men that shave their heads and those that like to maintain a well-groomed appearance, saving both time and money!
How to choose the right hair clipper?
Choosing a great hair clipper is easy enough once you know what to look for. Here are some things to keep in mind when buying:
- Blade Quality: The best hair trimmers use premium blades to guarantee a good finish and product that lasts, so always check the blades and look for signs of quality. For example, carbon steel blades are among the best quality, staying sharper for longer to ensure an even cut each time.
- Maintenance: Look for clippers that are easy to maintain and your life will be much easier. For example, some blades don’t need to be oil for 5+ years, saving a lot of time and effort, while cleaning accessories like a fine brush is also useful for easier clipper maintenance.
- Adjustability: Always be sure to check how adjustable the hair clippers are. You want lots of comb guards so you can cut to different lengths to suit your needs, with varying sizes, while features like adjustable tapering can also help create different styles.
What is the best kind of hair clipper in Australia?
There are two main types of hair clippers available to buy:
- Corded Hair Clippers: Corded hair clippers plug into mains power and will operate indefinitely, making them a great choice for use at home.
- Cordless Hair Clippers: Cordless hair clippers are battery operated so have limited runtime but the convenience of not being restricted by a cable or needing a power outlet to run. They are great for using on the go, making it a good choice for those that travel frequently.
Top 10 list of hair clippers in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their hair clippers. Which hair clipper is the best?
- Turbo Mode; Pressing The Turbo Mode Button Will Increase The Speed Of The Motor To…
- Convenience; Up To 90 Minutes Of Cordless Use And 100Percentage Washable For Easy…
- 28 Settings; 28 Lock In Length Settings; The 2 Adjustable Combs Cut Between 3mm And…
- Ergonomic Design; Ergonomic Handle For More Comfort And Control
- Easy To Clean; 100Percentage Washable For Easy And Fast Cleaning
- Convenience; Corded And Cordless Use, 75 Minutes Of Cordless Power After 8 Hours…
- Waterproof for easy cleaning under the tap
- 7 combs for trimming your face, hair and body
- Run time: up to 80 minutes of cordless use per charge
- Superior Comfort; High Quality Rubber Handle For Superior Comfort And Control While…
- Convenience; Showerproof For Convenient Use In The Shower And Cleaning And A Run…
- Comb Accessories; Choose between 8 combs for trimming your face, hair and body
- Self-sharpening titanium blades for extra durability
- 120 minutes of cordless use after a 1-hour charge
- Auto Turbo to boost cutting speed
- Cleaning brush and lubricating oil; ensuring maintenance of the kit is hassle fr…
- Featuring a premium chrome finish on the handpiece
- Washable attachments easily rinse clean under running water
- 2 year warranty valid in Australia & New Zealand
- Personal trimmer is perfect for detailing and trimming nose and ear hairs
- Easy, rinse-clean, personal trimmer blades
- Lithium powered 70 minute cordless run time
- DC motor for 33 percent better cutting performance
- 12 Comb guides 1.5 to 25millimeter; easily clip on and off for a range of cutting…
- CONVENIENCE - Designed for wet or dry use for your convenience
- EASY BLADE REPLACEMENT - Replacement is easy and hassle free; for optimal performance,…
- LONG LASTING PERFORMANCE - The durable Oneblades are designed for long lasting p…
- Its has strong durable blades that are also rinsebale. Patented colour guide comb…
- Includes a storage bag for safekeeping of the clipper and its accessories
- Simply rinse the blade after use for easy maintenance
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best hair clippers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hair clipper test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.