Review10Best compares the best headsets in Australia and selects the one by Razer as the best headset. In a headset buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different headsets and see a recommendation on which headset to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of headsets, you can find the best headsets and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate headset buying guide
- View the headset picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to headsets
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best headsets are suitable for both casual and commercial use. Whether you require a headset for a home office or for gaming, there are many great headsets to choose from. However, this makes finding the best headset that bit trickier, as there often an overwhelming amount of choice available.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best headset for your needs:
What are headsets?
A headset is a variation of headphones that include a microphone attachment for speaking with others. While traditionally used in the telephony industry, headsets have become a popular product to use a home, being great for playing video games, listening to music, and talking with others online or by phone.
Why should you buy a good headset?
A good headset offers all the benefits of headphones but with the added benefit of a microphone, making it a very versatile device. Whether you want to talk to friends online as you play video games or want the ability for hands free communication from your office, quality headsets are a great investment.
How to choose the right headset?
Choosing the right headset is often difficult, especially if you don’t know what to look for in a product. Here are some things to consider that may help you choose the best headset for your needs:
- Connectivity: Headsets connect either wirelessly or by wire, so you should think about which option is more suitable for you. Wired headsets tend to be more affordable but may be more restrictive, while wireless headphones offer more freedom but must be charged. Some even offer the option of switching between wired and wireless modes.
- Comfort: As headsets are usually worn for several hours at a time, it’s a good idea to get a set that offer the most comfort possible. This doesn’t mean just buying a headset with plenty of padding (which is certainly important), but also the overall size and fit on your head. You don’t want your ears to feel crushed or have a headband that is too tight when worn.
- Audio Quality: It’s hard to determine what the best audio quality for a headset is as we all have different preferences. Some enjoy lots of bass while others find a higher range of frequencies more appealing. When looking at audio quality on a headset, it’s measured in Hz, with the first number referring to the bass and the second referring to the treble. Remember that 20 to 20,000 Hz is viewed as the optimal scope for hearing, so anything lower than 20 or higher than 20,000 is difficult to process.
What is the best kind of headset in Australia?
There are many types of headsets available to buy, any of which may be suited to your needs.
- Bluetooth Headset: Connects to devices using Bluetooth, these are generally the best wireless headsets to buy as they can connect to various devices, but they do need to be charged.
- USB Headset: Connects to devices using a USB connection, these headsets are great for using on computers and laptops, as you are generally close to these devices so there’s no need for a wireless connection. Also, USB connections offer more power than a traditional audio jack.
- Gaming Headset: The best headset for playing games consoles, they are usually wireless and feature ample padding to keep you comfortable when wearing for long durations. The microphones tend to be better on a gaming headset to allow better communication between gamers, while audio is often optimised for playing video games.
- Mono Headsets: This type of headset features just a single earpiece, making them most suitable for professional use in call centres or home offices, although many prefer them for playing video games as well. With one ear free, you’re still aware of your surroundings but are able to communicate with others at the same time.
Top 10 list of headsets in Australia (February 2021)
The top 10 list shows how brands and their headsets compare. Which headset is the best?
- Creates a firm grip on your head to provide a comfortable and measured fit
- Custom-tuned 40 mm drivers
- Bendable cardioid microphone
- Easy-Access Control: On-ear volume and mute controls let you adjust on-the-fly without…
- Long-Lasting Comfort: Plush memory foam with adjustable earcups, combined with lightweight…
- Detachable Unidirectional Microphone: Fully detachable and optimized for voice quality…
- Includes 3.5mm adapter for Xbox; Cable Length: 3 metres/10 feet
- Play all day with athletics inspired performance fabric AirWeave ear cushions that…
- Balance game audio and chat volume on the fly with the included USB ChatMix dial.Headphone…
- Volume control on right ear cup provides “on-the-fly" level adjustmen…
- Lift to mute microphone feature shuts off in game communication
- Customizable surround software let you shape the sound - Download the SENNHEISER…
- Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One
- 100% memory foam and leatherette on headband and ear cup
- Digitally enhanced noise-cancelling microphone
- GORGEOUS LED LIGHTS Gorgeous LED Lights are designed on the earcups(The USB interface…
- CONVENIENT CONTROL Convenient in-line controls that allow you to quickly and easily…
- SUPER COMFORTABLE Earmuffs used with skin-friendly leather material, and super soft…
- Lightweight & Durable: Made of bauxite aluminum, the Kraken frame is flexible…
- In-Line Audio Controls: A built-in an analog volume control wheel and mic mute s…
- Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone: An improved cardioid mic reduces background…
- Multi-platform compatibility
- HyperX signature memory foam & adjustable steel slider
- 50mm directional drivers for audio precision
- Supported OS - Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.5.x or…
- Stylish design, built to last - Comfortable, lightweight and built to last, the H300…
- Ultimate comfort and usability - Game for hours without strain, thanks to the soft…
- Ergonomic design and cross-platform compatibility
- Custom-tuned 50 mm drivers
- Game/chat balance
* Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a headset test. Last Update 2021/02/25 08:54 o'clock.
Other reviews related to headsets