Review10Best compares the best headsets in Australia and selects the one by Razer as the best headset. In a headset buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different headsets and see a recommendation on which headset to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of headsets, you can find the best headsets and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate headset buying guide
- View the headset picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to headsets
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
The best headsets are suitable for both casual and commercial use. Whether you require a headset for a home office or for gaming, there are many great headsets to choose from. However, this makes finding the best headset that bit trickier, as there often an overwhelming amount of choice available.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best headset for your needs:
What are headsets?
A headset is a variation of headphones that include a microphone attachment for speaking with others. While traditionally used in the telephony industry, headsets have become a popular product to use a home, being great for playing video games, listening to music, and talking with others online or by phone.
Why should you buy a good headset?
A good headset offers all the benefits of headphones but with the added benefit of a microphone, making it a very versatile device. Whether you want to talk to friends online as you play video games or want the ability for hands free communication from your office, quality headsets are a great investment.
How to choose the right headset?
Choosing the right headset is often difficult, especially if you don’t know what to look for in a product. Here are some things to consider that may help you choose the best headset for your needs:
- Connectivity: Headsets connect either wirelessly or by wire, so you should think about which option is more suitable for you. Wired headsets tend to be more affordable but may be more restrictive, while wireless headphones offer more freedom but must be charged. Some even offer the option of switching between wired and wireless modes.
- Comfort: As headsets are usually worn for several hours at a time, it’s a good idea to get a set that offer the most comfort possible. This doesn’t mean just buying a headset with plenty of padding (which is certainly important), but also the overall size and fit on your head. You don’t want your ears to feel crushed or have a headband that is too tight when worn.
- Audio Quality: It’s hard to determine what the best audio quality for a headset is as we all have different preferences. Some enjoy lots of bass while others find a higher range of frequencies more appealing. When looking at audio quality on a headset, it’s measured in Hz, with the first number referring to the bass and the second referring to the treble. Remember that 20 to 20,000 Hz is viewed as the optimal scope for hearing, so anything lower than 20 or higher than 20,000 is difficult to process.
What is the best kind of headset in Australia?
There are many types of headsets available to buy, any of which may be suited to your needs.
- Bluetooth Headset: Connects to devices using Bluetooth, these are generally the best wireless headsets to buy as they can connect to various devices, but they do need to be charged.
- USB Headset: Connects to devices using a USB connection, these headsets are great for using on computers and laptops, as you are generally close to these devices so there’s no need for a wireless connection. Also, USB connections offer more power than a traditional audio jack.
- Gaming Headset: The best headset for playing games consoles, they are usually wireless and feature ample padding to keep you comfortable when wearing for long durations. The microphones tend to be better on a gaming headset to allow better communication between gamers, while audio is often optimised for playing video games.
- Mono Headsets: This type of headset features just a single earpiece, making them most suitable for professional use in call centres or home offices, although many prefer them for playing video games as well. With one ear free, you’re still aware of your surroundings but are able to communicate with others at the same time.
Top 10 list of headsets in Australia (October 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their headsets. Which headset is the best?
- Creates a firm grip on your head to provide a comfortable and measured fit
- Custom-tuned 40 mm drivers
- Bendable cardioid microphone
- Emanates green lighting from each earcup's Razer logo
- The Kraken X frame is flexible and built to last, able to withstand daily, care-free…
- Includes an analog volume control wheel and mic mute switch on the headset for quick…
- Compatible with PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One
- 100% memory foam and leatherette on headband and ear cup
- Digitally enhanced noise-cancelling microphone
- Easy-Access Control: On-ear volume and mute controls let you adjust on-the-fly without…
- Long-Lasting Comfort: Plush memory foam with adjustable earcups, combined with lightweight…
- Detachable Unidirectional Microphone: Fully detachable and optimized for voice quality…
- FLIP-UP MIC Turtle Beach’s renowned high-sensitivity mic picks up your voice…
- HIGH-QUALITY 40MM SPEAKERS Superior 40mm over-ear speakers produce crisp highs and…
- LIGHWEIGHT COMFORT A lightweight design ensures complete comfort during those hours-long…
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Flowknit memory foam ear cushions
- Advanced passive noise cancellation
- Customer ServiceEach of our game headsets is subjected to a strict quality test before…
- Ergonomic fit The trendy PC Gaming Headset has an ergonomically optimized fit. The…
- Multi-Platform compatibility with plug and play Pacrate 3.5MM Headset supports PS4,…
- Ultra-soft foam ear cushions provide hours of comfort
- Sturdy yet lightweight stereo headset
- Convenient in-line controls on the headset cord
- 24 hour battery life gives you enough continuous play for even your longest gaming…
- Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of precision audio with next generation DTS Headphone:…
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the S1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best headsets, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a headset test. Last Update: 2021/10/21.
Other reviews related to headsets