Review10Best compares the best hedge trimmers in Australia and selects the one by BLACK+DECKER as the best hedge trimmer. In a hedge trimmer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different hedge trimmers and see a recommendation on which hedge trimmer to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of hedge trimmers, you can find the best hedge trimmers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate hedge trimmer buying guide
- View the hedge trimmer picks and see how they rank in the top list
The best hedge trimmers make hedge maintenance much easier. Offering a natural boundary around a property that offers plenty of privacy and a nice aesthetic in your garden, hedges are a great addition to any outdoor area but do require a fair amount of upkeep. Maintaining hedges is quite challenging but with a good set of hedge trimmers cutting away excess growth is much easier. So, to make sure your hedges look better than ever, you will want to find the right hedge trimmers!
Check out the below buying guide for all the info you need to know to find the best hedge trimmer:
What are hedge trimmers?
A hedge trimmer is a type of garden tool used to cut back growth from hedges, shrubs, and other foliage-heavy plants. Hedge trimmers are either manual or powered, the latter offering exceptional cutting speed and efficiency while the former is great for precise trimming. Furthermore, many multi-function garden tools include a hedge trimmer attachment, allowing you to use one device to trim hedges, trim lawns, prune trees and shrubs.
Why should you buy a good hedge trimmer?
The best hedge trimmer devices make hedge maintenance easier than ever. Trimming the height and length of large hedges takes time and effort, so by using a good hedge trimmer you can make the task quicker and less arduous, allowing you to create beautifully maintained hedges in your garden with minimal effort. Plus, there are various types of hedge trimmers to suit different needs. For example, manual trimmers are great for smaller hedges that need minor maintenance, while electric or petrol-powered hedge trimmers can make short work of long and tall hedges with thick growth.
Simply put, if you own hedges and want to make maintenance as simple as possible, a good set of hedge trimmers is highly recommended.
How to choose the right hedge trimmer?
Choosing the best hedge trimmers can be difficult if you don’t know what you need, so here are a few things to consider before you buy:
- Manual or Powered: Manual hedge trimmers are basically a shear used to clip away growth. While good for precise trimming, they require a lot of effort to trim back larger hedges and may struggle with thick branches. Powered hedge trimmers offer unrivalled cutting power so are best for cutting back hedges with lots of height and width, making the work much quicker to complete compared to manual shears.
- Blade Length: The blade length of a hedge trimmer impacts the width and height you can cut at. While it may seem good to go for longer blades, it may not be necessary if your hedges are smaller. Larger hedges benefit from a longer cutting blade as it reduces the time spent cutting, so if you have large hedges then look for a longer blades.
- Teeth Spacing: When buying powered hedge trimmers make sure to check the teeth spacing of the blade, as this determines what thickness of branch it can cut through. For example, small spacing is suitable for smaller hedges without too many thick branches, while higher spacing is recommended for mature hedges with thicker branches.
What is the best kind of hedge trimmer in Australia?
Here are the most popular types of hedge trimmers available:
- Manual Hedge Trimmers: Manual hedge trimmers are basically a set of shears that are used to cut through the foliage. While very sharp and capable of cutting through growth, they take significantly longer to cut entire hedges than their powered counterparts, making them best for minor touch-ups and smaller hedges.
- Electric Hedge Trimmers: Available in both cordless and corded designs, electric hedge trimmers are ideal for most hedges. Lightweight so easy to use for long periods, electric trimmers also come with fantastic cutting power, making quick work of hedges of every shape and size.
- Petrol Hedge Trimmers: A type of cordless hedge trimmer, petrol-powered devices use a combustion engine to produce unrivalled cutting power. This makes them the best hedge trimmer for older hedges with lots of thick growth, although they are a lot heavier than other types so may be challenging to use for long periods.
Top 10 list of hedge trimmers in Australia (August 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their hedge trimmers. Which hedge trimmer is the best?
- Bale handle design for optimum comfort and control
- E-drive technology provides enough power to cut through tough branches
- 2 handed starting switch prevents accidental starting
- Included: 1 x EasyHedgeCut 18-45, 1 x Blade cover 1x battery 18V 2.0 Ah, 1 x…
- POWER FOR ALL 18 V Li-ion battery delivers optimum performance
- Cordless mobility for freedom of movement around the garden
- Please note that this motor is fueled with 2-stroke oil, and always make sure to…
- This all-in-one garden multi tool set allows you to deal with nearly all kinds of…
- Colour: Orange; Engine: Single cylinder (1E44F-6), 2-stroke, air cooled; Displacement:…
- Country of Origin: China
- Model Number: GTC1843L20-XE
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country of Origin: Hungary
- Package Dimensions: 103.0 cms (L) x 24.0 cms (W) x 20.0 cms (H)
- Package Quantity: 1
- Durable Swiss precision blades ensure optimal cutting performance
- Cuts various medium-sized hedge types with branches of up to 20-mm thick
- Lightweight design minimises user fatigue
- What You Get & Notes: Cordless hedge trimmer*1; Shrub blade*1; Grass blade*1;…
- Lightweight & Ergonomic Handheld Design:Electric grass shear is only 1.9 pounds,…
- One Keyboard Change Blade & Cordless Design: The cordless hedge trimmer updated…
- Maximum comfort and control when hedge cutting with the ergonomic EasyHedgeCut
- Power for ALL: One battery and charger for an entire Home and Garden tools syste…
- Easy cutting with the lightweight hedge trimmer and optimum performance
- Optimum balance and ergonomics for comfortable working in any position
- High-speed motor and 16 millimeter tooth opening give you the cutting power for small…
- A well-balanced tool with ergonomic handles to ensure a more comfortable working…
- Outstanding cutting performance due to powerful drive and AntiBlocking System
- Up to 100 minutes run time thanks to powerful 10, 8 V lithiumion battery
- Optimum grip design with comfortable soft grip and ergonomic grip areas
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best hedge trimmers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a hedge trimmer test. Last Update: 2022/08/14.