Best iron Australia
Which is the best iron 2023?VIEW OFFER
The 10 best irons to buy in Australia
The top 10 list of the best irons lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best irons in Australia and selects the one by Russell Hobbs as the best iron. In a iron buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different irons and see a recommendation on which iron to buy in Australia in 2023. By considering the top list of irons, you can find the best irons and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate iron buying guide
- View the iron picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to irons
Best irons: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great iron
The best irons leave your clothes, linens, and other fabrics looking better than ever, yet knowing what type of iron best suits your needs can be difficult. There are many types of irons available and each one can be a great addition to your home, so let’s check out everything you need to know with our handy iron buying guide.
What are irons?
An iron is a small appliance that uses high heat to remove the creases from clothes and fabrics. It features a flat metal plate that heats to various temperatures when the iron is powered, which is then pressed against the surface of a fabric to remove any creases, usually on top of a portable ironing board.
Why should you buy a good iron?
A good steam iron is a must-have for any home. It allows you to easily remove creases from clothes made from any fabric, leaving them looking fresh, neat, and wrinkle-free. Moreover, ironing can improve the lifespan of clothes, as the fibres are worked in such a way that ironing increases their longevity.
While ironing seems like a chore, it’s well worth the time and effort. From improving self-confidence because your clothes look great to killing off germs that may have slipped through the cracks during washing, the best iron offers plenty of benefits for every user.
How to choose the right iron?
Here are a few things to consider when buying the best irons:
- Soleplate Material: The soleplate of the iron will impact how it works so always think carefully before you choose. Most irons use a ceramic plate, which is great at conducting and distributing heat, although sometimes they can stick to delicate fabrics and can break down over time. Stainless steel is another great heat conductor and is highly durable, while titanium is similarly durable and won’t cause any sticking, although both tend to be costlier than ceramic.
- Soleplate Size: Another important consideration to make is the size of the soleplate. The bigger this is the quicker you can iron, although it’s also going to make the iron heavier to use. It’s always recommended to select a larger soleplate in most instances, as it provides an even amount of high-quality steam for better crease removal.
- Steam Pressure: If you want to buy a steam iron, then look out for a continuous steam pressure which is usually given in grams per minute, as this determines how efficient they are at ironing. For example, a steam iron should have at least 50g/minute of continuous steam pressure, whilegood garment steamers or steam generators tend to need higher settings closer to 150g/minute. Anything lower won’t be as good at ironing.
What is the best kind of iron in Australia?
Here are some of the most popular types of irons currently available to buy:
- Dry Irons: An older type of iron but still widely available, dry irons are less efficient at ironing because they lack a water chamber and therefore the ability to generate steam. They can still iron well, especially on thinner materials, yet lack the versatility of other types of iron.
- Steam Irons: The best all-round iron, a steam iron features a water tank and holes on the soleplate to generate steam on the fabric. Steam makes ironing quicker and more efficient, so it’s generally much easier to use. It’s also highly versatile, coming with various heat settings to accommodate different materials.
- Steam Generators: Much larger than a steam iron, a steam generator uses higher volumes of steam for prolonged periods. This makes it the best iron for ironing large piles of clothes, as they hold much more steam so don’t need to be refilled. While more efficient, they also cost more than other types.
Top 10 list of irons in Australia (June 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their irons. Which iron is the best?
- VARIABLE TEMPERATURE: The iron features a variable temperature setting so you can…
- NON-STICK CERAMIC PLATE: It glides smoothly over fabrics, which means no more sticking…
- LARGE WATER TANK: The 280ml water tank means you can spend less time refilling and…
- Included components: Steam Iron with mains plug; Number of pieces: 1
- Built-in calc-clean slider, long-lasting steam performance
- Iron more in one go with the 300ml water tank
- Built-in calc-clean slider, long-lasting steam performance
- Steam output up to 45 g/min for strong, steady performance
- Package Quantity: 1
- Switches automatically to standby mode when left unattended—after 8 minutes…
- 100 percent active steam holes for maximum steam distribution, with 30 percent more…
- A potent steam boost of up to 165 g/minute delivers enough raw power to tackle thicker…
- CABLE STORAGE: With a 1.8m Power Cord attached to the base, it’s long enough…
- STEAM FEATURES: The 40g Continuous Steam Output softens the creases in your clothes;…
- CORDLESS IRONING: Without any wires to get in your way, you can enjoy the convenience…
- FEATURES - Iron more in one go with the 350ml water tank, 2400 W for quick heat-up…
- OptimalTEMP TECHNOLOGY - One optimal setting for all ironable fabrics. For no burns,…
- STEAMGLIDE SOLEPLATE - Smoothly glide over creases with the super-smooth SteamGlide…
- TRIPLE CLEANING ACTION: Featuring an anti-scale cartridge, as well as self clean…
- POWERFUL STEAM: With a steam shot of 180g and a steam rate of 50g
- 350ML WATER TANK: So you can steam iron for longer
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best irons, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a iron test. Last Update: 2023/06/10.