Review10Best compares the best keyboards in Australia and selects the one by Logitech as the best keyboard. In a keyboard buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different keyboards and see a recommendation on which keyboard to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of keyboards, you can find the best keyboards and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate keyboard buying guide
- View the keyboard picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to keyboards
The keyboard is one of the most important parts of a computer, and while they come included with most computers, there are a wide selection of models that may be more suitable. Also, anyone building their own computer from scratch will have to buy a keyboard separately, and there is certainly no lack of choices.
So, to find the best keyboard for your computer, it is important to know what you need it for most and if there are any preferences you have when buying one. Here’s everything you need to know to find the best keyboard:
What are keyboards?
A keyboard is a piece of hardware that connects to computer to perform a variety of inputs. The most notable example of this is typing text, while other important commands are also featured on the keyboard such as volume control, desktop access, and screen adjustments.
All keyboards feature letters, numbers, arrow keys, and various other symbols, while some also feature additional numeric keypads.
Why should you buy a good keyboard?
Keyboards are an essential piece of hardware needed for a computer, so simply put you will need one in order to use your computer. However, with many types of keyboards available, there are plenty of reasons to invest in a much better keyboard than the standard one that comes with the computer.
For example, anyone that does a lot of typing may benefit from an ergonomically designed keyboard, while those that enjoy playing video games may want to upgrade to a gaming keyboard.
How to choose the right keyboard?
There is a fine choice of keyboards available today, so there is a lot to think about before deciding what’s best for your needs. Be sure to consider some of the following factors to find the best keyboard:
- Connectivity: Most keyboards are a connect to the computer through a USB cable, although these will limit how freely you can use the keyboard. For anyone looking to sit on a couch or further back from a desk, the best keyboard to go for is a wireless one. Be mindful of things like lag and battery options if going for a wireless keyboard!
- Keys: Key switches actually come in few options, although not many people are aware of this. Silicone, mechanical, and scissor switch keys are the most common, and each one has their own characteristics that may be suitable. For instance, mechanical keys have a better response to them and tend to be more durable, so are as the best keyboard by some, although they are the most expensive too and will be unnecessary for casual web browsing.
- Design: There is a huge range of designs for keyboards, with shapes, sizes, materials, and colours of every variety available. While not really impacting how the keyboard functions, many like stylish aesthetics such as backlit keys, premium materials, and LED displays on their keyboard.
- Features: A keyboard can come with additional features that allow for more complete control over your computer. Whether its media playback, programmable buttons, or touch pads, there is no shortage of awesome features available that you may find useful on your keyboard.
What is the best kind of keyboard in Australia?
As mentioned, there is a massive range of great keyboards to choose from, so it can be helpful to know what the most common types are and what they offer.
- Basic: A no nonsense keyboard, these are the simplest yet cheapest option out there, typically the type that comes with the computer. They’re usually wired and don’t come with much extras, but this may be just the thing for more casual computer users!
- Ergonomic keyboard: The best keyboard for anyone that types for extended periods, ergonomic keyboards come with a design that make it easier to type for longer. This is great for anyone looking to avoid strains and aches from typing too much, although they do tend to be on the larger side so may not be the best option for those short on space.
- Gaming keyboard: Gaming keyboards are a great option for anyone that spends a lot of time playing video games on their pc. They come with features such as programmable buttons and mechanical keys to help enhance gaming performances by offering quicker reactions and customisable controls. However, they are quite expensive and won’t be that necessary for anyone that isn’t planning on frequent gaming.
Top 10 list of keyboards in Australia (August 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their keyboards. Which keyboard is the best?
- Country of Origin: Australia
- Package Weight: 0.7 kg
- Long battery life
- Model Number:580-AHHG
- Comfortable, desk-centric design
- Multimedia keys for quick actions and commands
- COMFORTABLE LAPTOP-STYLE TYPING: extra-small keyboard footprint allows for less arm…
- EASY-SWITCH & TYPE: Pair with up to three devices—even with different operating…
- TYPE ON ANYTHING: connects to all Bluetooth wireless devices with external keyboard…
- Wide Compatibility: This keyboard and mouse kit supports Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/…
- RGB gaming mouse: Our mouse use professional-level adjustable DPI settings ranging…
- Comfortable typing and gaming feeling: Keyboard’s key caps are made of ABS…
- 1500+ Sounds and Everything You Need for Pro Production – Complete Music Production…
- Complete Command of your Virtual Instruments and FX - 8 360-degree knobs assign to…
- The MPC Experience - 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style MIDI beat pads with Note…
- Dedicated media keys for convenient control
- Country of Origin: United States
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country of Origin: China
- Package Weight: 1.0 lbs
- Package Quantity: 1
- Keyboard and Gaming MouseCompatibility with Windows 2000/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10/MAC/Linux…
- Keyboard Mouse ComboErgonomic keyboard with detachable wrist rest and skin-friendly…
- Programmable MouseGaming mice with 6 D P I levels available from 800/1600/ 2400/…
- Top Quality Metal and ABS construction, Gold plated USB connector, Double-shot-molded…
- Programable full RGB backlighting you can program all of the keys to be the same…
- Anti-ghosting 104 Keys, N-key rollover Allowing multi-keys to work simultaneously…
- 5 Percussion pads help to showcase creativity in each performance
- Features 10 built-in songs to play along with and get things started
- Explore the 100 tones and 50 rhythms and find an incredible variety
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best keyboards, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a keyboard test. Last Update: 2022/08/11.
Other reviews related to keyboards