Best lip balm Australia
Which is the best lip balm 2023?VIEW OFFER →
The 10 best lip balms to buy in Australia
The top 10 list of the best lip balms lists various brands and prices
Review10Best compares the best lip balms in Australia and selects the one by NIVEA as the best lip balm. In a lip balm buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different lip balms and see a recommendation on which lip balm to buy in Australia in 2023. By considering the top list of lip balms, you can find the best lip balms and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate lip balm buying guide
- View the lip balm picks and see how they rank in the top list
Best lip balms: A complete buying guide
All you need to know before buying a great lip balm
The best lip balm will leave your lips feeling and looking healthier than ever, so it’s well worth taking the time to find the right product for your needs. However, with so many lip balms available, knowing which ones are best for you can be challenging, which is where this handy buying guide can help. It features all the tips and information you need to know to find the best lip balms, whether you have a specific issue with your lips or just want them to look great.
What are lip balms?
Lip balm is a product applied to the lips to provide additional moisture. This can make lips feel and look much smoother and suppler while helping common issues like chapped or dry lips. While they can be made from a wide variety of ingredient, most lip balms feature wax or a wax-like substance, along with other ingredients to promote healthy lips.
Why should you buy a good lip balm?
When applied, a good lip balm provides lips with a protective layer that seals in moisture, preventing them from drying out and becoming inflamed. Lips often become dry or chapped when exposed to cold or dry air, so by applying a lip balm, you keep the skin hydrated, preventing these problems from occurring. Should your lips be dried or chapped, the best lip balms encourage the skin to heal faster, leaving them looking better than ever while preventing the same problems occurring in the future
Your lips don’t need to be damaged for you to benefit from a good lip balm. By moisturising lips, the balm leaves skin looking supplier, giving a plumper appearance that many people desire.
How to choose the right lip balm?
Looking for a great lip balm but are unsure how to find it? Here are some things to consider:
- Ingredients: There are certain ingredients to avoid in lip balm, namely anything artificial or alcohol-based, as these tend to cause drying and may result in irritation. Look for all-natural ingredients if possible, with beeswax and natural oils and butter being preferable to any synthetic ingredients.
- Sun Protection: Lips are often overlooked when it comes to sun protection, so by choosing a lip balm with SP factor you can ensure they remain fully protected from UV damage that can cause dryness. An SPF of 30 is common for lip balm and great for summer, while lower SPFs ranging from 15-20 are also available.
- Seasons: As mentioned above, it is worth buying lip balm with SPF, especially during the summer months, and it’s also worth considering the other seasons when buying. For instance, if you live somewhere with extreme winters, then a balm with added moisturiser is recommended for increased protection against cold and dry weather.
What is the best kind of lip balm in Australia?
Some of the most popular types of lip balms available to buy include:
- Beeswax Lip Balm: The best natural lip balms are made from beeswax, which provides a barrier across the lip skin to ensure maximum moisture retention. As it tends to be thick and waxy, it is especially good for cold and dry weather.
- Petroleum-based Lip Balm: Like beeswax, petroleum-based lip balms are great at locking in moisture to keep lips from drying out. It is a great alternative for anyone with sensitive allergies, as beeswax contains some ingredients that might cause irritations.
- Lip Balm with SPF: These types of lip balms have the same moisture-retaining properties as other types but with added sun factor protection (SPF). This prevents drying from UV damage, making it the best lip balm for hot and sunny weather like during summer.
Top 10 list of lip balms in Australia (March 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their lip balms. Which lip balm is the best?
- On-the-go: Perfect to carry in your handbag, backpack or in your pocket for on-the-go…
- Easy application: Light texture that glides on evenly with a smooth, clear formula;…
- Protective care: Caring lip balm that instantly melts into lips and protects them…
- Note: Packaging may Vary
- Contains hydro ion mineral water, hunza apricot extract and evening primrose root…
- Helps the skin absorb the ingredients densely during 8 hours of sleep
- Nourishing oils and butters will make your lips juicy, happy and healthy looking
- Moisturise, nourish and hydrate dry lips
- Infused with Beeswax, a natural skin conditioner
- Monoi Oil keeps lips soft and supple.
- No Parabens
- Package Quantity: 1
- Specially formulated for sensitive lips
- Formulated with nourishing vitamins, Shea Butter and soothing Chamomile essence for…
- Seals in moisture and helps prevent dryness
- Instantly make the lips softer, smoother and kissable
- With SPF20 protection
- Soft, smooth shine
- ALL NATURAL: Enriched with 100% natural ingredients, this natural lip balm is formulated…
- MOISTURIZING: Just one swipe of this conditioning lip moisturiser leaves your lips…
- TOTAL HYDRATION: Hydrate and soften dry lips with beeswax and fruit extracts packed…
- Made with triple-purified Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
- Works to lock in moisture
- Protects and relieves dry and chapped lips
- DIRECTIONS: Apply liberally to affected area 3-4 times daily or as required - Suitable…
- CHEILITIS: Dermal Therapy Lip Balm Original may also help assist dry and chapped…
- ULTRA-MOISTURISING: Ultra-moisturising ingredients specially designed to keep your…
- Botanical waxes will take your lips to lovely in one pretty swipe
- Flatter and nourish your lips naturally every day
- Made of 100 percent natural shea butter, botanical waxes and a softly tinted col…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best lip balms, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a lip balm test. Last Update: 2023/03/21.