Review10Best compares the best log splitting axes in Australia and selects the one by Husqvarna as the best log splitting axe. In a log splitting axe buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different log splitting axes and see a recommendation on which log splitting axe to buy in Australia in 2023. By considering the top list of log splitting axes, you can find the best log splitting axes and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate log splitting axe buying guide
- View the log splitting axe picks and see how they rank in the top list
Finding the best log splitting axe makes a tedious, repetitive task a bit easier. There is no denying that constantly splitting logs for a fire is a bit boring, so with the right axe you can ensure that the logs are cut quickly and efficiently, saving you a lot of time and effort. However, finding a good log splitting axe is often easier said than done. There are a few overlooked considerations that should be made before buying an axe, as you want to ensure that you have found the right tool for your needs.
To help with this be sure to check out our handy buying guide below, which covers all the info you need to find the best log splitting axes.
What are log splitting axes?
As the name suggests, a log splitting axe is a type of axe designed for splitting wood into logs, usually for use in a home fire or campfire. It differs from a felling axe, being designed to cut vertically into the wood rather than horizontally, with a tapered blade allowing the axe to efficiently split the log when used on a downward swing.
Why should you buy a good log splitting axe?
The best log splitting axe is designed to effectively cut down into the wood to easily produce logs. Without the right type of axe, log splitting takes a lot of time and effort, so by using a log splitting axe you ensure that the task is made much easier. This is especially useful if you own a log burning stove or enjoy camping, with logs providing a lasting source of fuel for a fire, whether indoors or outdoors.
How to choose the right log splitting axe?
Choosing the best log splitting axes is difficult if you are unsure of what you need, so here are some things to consider:
- Handle Length: Always consider the handle length of the axe, choosing something appropriate for your limb length. For instance, those with longer arms will likely prefer a longer handle on the axe, while those with shorter arms should avoid anything too long as it can be challenging to control.
- Cutting Head: Axe heads are made from various metals, so determine what materials are used and the overall weight of the cutting head. The heavier the weight of the head, the more power it generates, and this is recommended when a higher volume of cutting is required. Carbon steel tends to be the best material for a log cutting axe, while wrought iron is a good alternative to this.
- Size and Weight: While it may seem like a good idea to get the biggest and heaviest log splitting axe, this is not always the case. Remember, this is a manual tool that requires a lot of effort to repeatedly use, so choosing something too large or heavy may make it impossible to use. The last thing you want is to get tired after splitting just a few logs, so always choose something you can use comfortably.
What is the best kind of log splitting axe in Australia?
There are two popular types of log splitting axes:
- Short Handle Axes: Log splitting axes with short handles are suitable for most people, giving enough power to cut multiple logs without being too long or heavy to use. They may take a bit longer to spit higher volumes of logs though.
- Long Handle Axes: Long hand log splitting axes come with more length, allowing you to generate more cutting power. This makes them faster and more efficient for splitting logs, although the additional weight and length do make them harder to control, so may not be suitable for many people.
Top 10 list of log splitting axes in Australia (October 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their log splitting axes. Which log splitting axe is the best?
- Lifetime .Includes Proposition 65 labeling for California
- Fiber-glass composite handle
- Perfect balance and weight distribution
- Contents: 1x Fiskars Splitting Axe L X21, Storage and transport case included, Length:…
- Made in Finland, Long life product, Easy blade sharpening with available sharpener…
- Durable handle made of weather-resistant and impact-resistant fibreglass reinforced…
- Package Dimensions: 39.0 L X 15.0 H X 31.0 W (centimeters)
- High Quality Fibreglass Shaft With Soft Grip
- Hardened And Tempered For Durability
- Included sheath helps protect blade and the user. Textured non-slip grip reduces…
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power,…
- Package Quantity: 1
- Perfect conditions and rust-free
- Provides perfect weight distribution for increasing swing speed and multiply strike…
- Ideal for camping and many other outdoor activities
- BUILT TO LAST: The axe is built with a solid construction that ensures it can withstand…
- SAFE AND EFFICIENT: The axe is designed with a balanced handle for improved cont…
- EASY TO USE: The wedge-shaped head makes it easy to split logs with minimal effo…
- Strong fibreglass shaft
- Hardened and tempered for durability
- Drop forged carbon steel head
- MADE IN THE USA – Our tools are proudly crafted in Rockford, IL using the finest…
- HAND SHARPENED – Honed cutting edge for easy wood splitting
- PERFECT FOR THE OUTDOORSMAN – Ideal for campers, hunters, hikers and other…
- Low-friction blade coating powers through wood and prevents head from getting st…
- Designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits
- Its thick blade gives extra momentum to split even the thickest logs
- SAFETY - The blade comes with a handy Protective Carrying Sheath that keeps your…
- EFFICIENCY - Our camping axe handle features an exclusive Balance point close to…
- PROPRIETARY DESIGN: Stronger than the wooden shaft and won’t bend like steel,…
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best log splitting axes, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a log splitting axe test. Last Update: 2023/10/01.