Review10Best compares the best olive oils in Australia and nominates the one by C60 Olive as the best olive oil. In our olive oils review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different olive oils and follow our recommendation on which olive oil to buy in Australia in 2020. With the olive oil comparison, you can be sure to buy the best olive oil on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate olive oil buying guide
- View our olive oil picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about olive oils
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Olive oil is widely regarded as one of the healthiest, most beneficial cooking oils available. A nutrient-rich and all-natural product, a good olive oil is a must-have for anyone looking for healthy cooking products. In fact, olive oil is used in a wide range of food and cosmetic products thanks to its various positive properties!
Looking to buy the best olive oil for your cooking? Here is everything you need to know:
What are olive oils?
Olive oil is a cooking oil obtained from olives, a fruit that grows on the olive tree. Olive oil is made by pressing olives to extract the oil, which is used as a cooking fat and as a dressing for various salad dishes. A staple of Mediterranean cuisine, only the best olive oils provide the range of health benefits everyone is talking about. Further, it is known for its pleasant taste, too.
Why should you buy a good olive oil?
The best olive oils don’t just offer a range of health benefits, they taste incredible. It’s fantastic for cooking as it remains the healthiest cooking oils available: Unlike other oils the extraction process requires no solvents or chemicals, making it one of the best oils to cook with. Rich in monounsaturated fat, vitamin E, and antioxidants, olive oil is great for your health, helping to lower cholesterol and combat a range of diseases.
How to choose the right olive oil?
Choosing the best olive oil can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. Here are some things to consider that can help you find a great olive oil:
- Expiration Date: The best olive oils don’t age well, so it is important to find one with a suitable harvest date. If the packaging don’t reveal this information then the expiration date works to the same effect. Basically, you want a good olive oil that has a year left on its expiration date or that harvest date was within the last 12 months.
- Origin: A great olive oil is sourced, processed, and bottled in a single country, preferably in Italy or Crete. Be mindful that some products that claim to be the product of a certain county may only be bottled there, so always check the label for this info!
- Color: Don’t be mistaken into thinking certain colors of olive oil reflects their quality. Color is based purely on the type of olive fruit which there are many of so doesn’t impact the quality in any way.
- Taste: One of the easiest ways to find the best olive oil is to taste it! Granted, not every retailer provides free samples, but those that do are worth visiting. Olive oils come in many distant flavors, such as floral, fruity and herbal, so you often need to taste these yourself to find one to your liking.
What is the best kind of olive oil in Australia?
There are many types of olive you can buy, some of which are much better for you than others, while some simply taste different:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: The best olive oils in terms of quality, extra virgin olive oil has the most antioxidants, making it the healthiest available. Extracted by a cold-press process, it retains most of the olive’s natural flavors and has no chemicals or solvents used to process it.
- Virgin Olive Oil: A great quality olive oil that is only slightly inferior to extra virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil is also unrefined, allowing it to maintain the natural taste. The only notable difference between it and extra virgin olive oil is that it has a slightly lower acidity level.
- Refined Olive Oil: A much cheaper olive oil - refined refers to the fact it is made by refining virgin olive oil. This does remove the acidity, but also lowers the nutritional value of the oil.
- Pure Olive Oil: A basic olive oil created by a blend of refined olive oil and extra virgin olive oil. It retains the acidity but loses most of its nutrients compared to better quality oils.
Top 10 list of olive oils in Australia (April 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their olive oils rank and which olive oil is the best.
- Very low acid organic olive oil in the ultra-premium end of extra virgin! Rich in…
- Blended in Australia at Pharmaceutical Quality Facility
- Research Grade 99.99% Pure Carbon 60
- SUPER-FINE MIST: Press the valve on the pressurized sprayer produces a super-fine…
- Visible bottle with scale: The bottle is made of transparent glass with scale, which…
- EASY TO USE: It is easy to use and handle with perfect size. Oil sprayer can be used…
- Nano-Antioxidant Solvent free since 1991
- Amazing testimonials about significant improvements of health - Review FDA discl…
- SES Research is the provider of C60 in Olive Oil Paris Rat study
- Genuine TruffleHunter products are sold online with branded & security sealed…
- SUITABLE FOR MANY DIETS: Vegetarian, Vegan, Coeliac / Gluten Free, Non-GMO, No MSG,…
- BURSTING WITH FLAVOR: The truffle is firm to the bite, followed by a rich & earthy…
- Package with 1 x Oil Sprayer, 1 x Basting Brush, 1x Bottle Cleaning Brush, 1x oil…
- Transparent and Scale Design: with transparent and scale design, this oil dispenser…
- Reusable, Easily Fill With Funnel : This oil sprayer is reusable and easy to fill…
- Solvent free since 1991
- Research grade organic extra virgin olive oil
- 99.99% Pure Research grade C60
- source of Omega4
- sustainably fished
- Chunk style tuna
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Adds the finest flavour and aroma
- A delicious, smooth body with a light aftertaste
- Made with the finest quality ingredients
- Use it to make sauces, marinades and dressings
- Best appreciated in cold use
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/03/28 01:36. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best olive oils