Review10Best compares the best primers in Australia and selects the one by Maybelline as the best primer. In a primer buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different primers and see a recommendation on which primer to buy in Australia in 2022. By considering the top list of primers, you can find the best primers and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Granted, this is not one of those everyday makeup routines, but there are times when leaving this one out of your makeup routine feels wrong. Apart from perfecting our makeup or foundation, the best foundation primers do a lot to protect the skin. They should be worn as much as possible especially when you use a new foundation or product. Doing this will reduce the negative effects that a new product might have on your skin.
If foundation primers are new to you, and you do not know how to get the right one, there is no need to panic. Here are some vital things you need to know about great foundation primers.
What are primers?
A foundation primer, or primer, is a base for applying virtually any makeup, from eyeshadows, to BB creams, moisturizers, and foundations. They provide a protective film or coverage for your skin, so the makeups don't get direct contact with your skin. They come in different forms, from cream to liquid to gel forms and are designed for different skin types. It is applied under your makeup to give it a more refined finish and to make your makeup lasts even longer.
Why should you buy a good primer?
The best primers are just the right way to go if you want your makeup to remain locked in for long even in extremely adverse weather conditions. Good foundation primers can even be worn alone to enhance the appearance of your skin without foundation, moisturizers or any other makeup.
Some of the best types can refine the overall colour of your makeup on your skin. There are others too that can help conceal wrinkles, acne and other skin blemishes for those that are aging. Foundation Primers also give your skin time to gradually adapt to a new product that’s applied on it. So if you are trying a used product or introducing a new product to your makeup list, you should always wear the best foundation primers for that initial period. They play a vital role and should be added to your makeup routine.
How to choose the right primer?
Choosing the best primer can be difficult if you are unsure of what you need, so here are a few things to look out for to help find a great foundation primer:
- Skin Type: Your skin type remains the key determinant of which primer to use. We all have unique skin types, and they require unique foundation primer. Obviously, using the wrong primers for your different skin can have multiple adverse effects on your skin and will not produce an effective result as the right one.
- Sensitivity: Primers are designed for sensitive skins. They are meant to provide a layer of protection for your skin. However, since different people do have different skin types that respond differently to the various constituents of the primer, you are advised to check your skin response to the foundation primer before settling for it. You should also prefer primers with constituents that have soothing effects.
- Fragrance: The fragrance of the primer should not be overshadowing. Go for primers with a mild scent so it does not irritate you. Different people fancy different scents, and there are just enough varieties of primers with different fragrance to find one that you will love.
What is the best kind of primer in Australia?
Buy a good primer that suits best to your personal needs.
- Primers for Dry Skins: Although anyone with dry skin will find it a bit more challenging to get the right foundation primer, some very quality primers for them will hydrate and keep the moisture intact. Avoid primers with little moisturizing abilities.
- Primers for Oily skins: Your preferred choice should be a primer that mattifies your skin. This will keep excess oil on your skin in check and will prevent it from appearing too shiny. It is a generally accepted fact that anyone with oily skin is more vulnerable to develop acne. So also look out for primers with a high amount of anti-acne agents to keep your skin healthy always.
- Primers for Normal Skins: Well, if you are in between, not having pores that are too small or too large, then you are not likely to go through much to locate a perfect primer to apply. Your primer should be the one that does not mattify a lot or contain a high amount of moisturizer.
Top 10 list of primers in Australia (May 2022)
The bestseller list compares brands and their primers. Which primer is the best?
- Item weight: 0.038 grams; Item volume: 30.0 milliliters; Unit count type: millilitre;…
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- 100% vegan formula and no silicones
- Infused with marshmallow root extract
- Dries totally transparent to work on all skin tones
- Country of Origin: China
- Vallejo is a world leader in paint supplies
- Perfect for tabletop miniatures and model making
- Easy to remove
- Continuously recharges skin's moisture
- Visibly blurs and minimises pores and imperfections
- Country of Origin: China
- Silicon oil enables easy glide-on application with no greasy residue for longer-lasting…
- The formula erases fine lines and pores, and contains soft powders to help absorb…
- Cruelty free
- Vegan formula
- Infused with vitamin E
- Please note: Lash Building Primer is not recommended for use with Lash Power, High…
- Moisturizing formula helps condition and mend dry lashes. Ophthalmologist tested…
- Unique polymer combination holds mascara to lashes for a longer, fuller look and…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best primers, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a primer test. Last Update: 2022/05/18.