Review10Best compares the best shampoos in Australia and selects the one by Herbal Essences as the best shampoo. In a shampoo buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different shampoos and see a recommendation on which shampoo to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of shampoos, you can find the best shampoos and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
Investing in the best shampoos for your hair will help to maintain its appearance while keeping it healthy. However, with such a wide range of products to choose from, finding the best shampoo for your hair isn’t necessarily easy!
What are shampoos?
Shampoo is a type of hair care product used for washing hair. It’s usually sold in a liquid gel, although some shampoos are sold in bar form, not unlike a bar of soap. Shampooing your hair involves wetting it before massaging in the product and then rinsing it. While ingredients can vary, most shampoos are used to achieve the same goal of cleaning hair without causing too much damage. It are often combined with hair conditioners and hair masks.
Why should you buy a good shampoo?
The best shampoo for your hair won’t only wash it clean, but keep it looking healthy and vibrant. In some cases, shampoo is specially designed to treat dandruff, while others can be used to maintain color-treated hair. So, whether you want your hair to look and feel clean or help deal with any hair-related issues, you will need a good shampoo product.
How to choose the right shampoo?
With so many different types of shampoos available, it’s not a case of picking the first or cheapest option you see. In fact, cheap shampoo can often do more damage than good, so it’s always worth investing in the best shampoos.
Here are some important things to consider when looking for the right shampoo for your hair:
- Hair Type: Perhaps the first thing that you should consider, and one that’s rather obvious given it's your hair, different shampoos are designed for different hair. For example, volumizing shampoo is better suited for fine or thin hair, while shampoo for color-treated hair is a good idea for anyone with highlights or dye.
- Price: As previously mentioned, the cheapest shampoo is rarely the best shampoo. This is because the ingredients are often low-quality and the shampoo isn’t designed for certain hair types, so it’s best avoided. While more expensive, salon-quality shampoo will produce much better results, providing you with much healthier and attractive hair. Of course, you don’t need to pay extortionate amounts, but be sure to avoid anything that is notably cheap.
- Ingredients: The ingredients of a shampoo will impact its effectiveness. For example, if you have dry or frizzy hair, then natural ingredients such as essential oils will be a great choice, so be mindful of what is good for your hair and what might not be. Also, if your hair is on the oilier side, you may require more robust ingredients such as those found in clarifying shampoos.
What is the best kind of shampoo in Australia?
If you’ve bought shampoo before, then you likely understand the sheer number of choices out there. There are simply countless types of shampoos available, all of which may or may not be suitable for hair and washing habits. Let’s take a look at the best kinds of shampoo available:
- Clarifying Shampoo: Often referred to as deep cleansing shampoo, clarifying shampoo is the best type for dirtier hair. It’s designed to remove heavy build-ups of other hair products such as gel, wax, hairspray etc., so will be ideal for anyone that uses products like these.
- Volumizing Shampoo: The best shampoo for thinning or fine hair, it’s designed to add volume to hair that may be lacking it. While not the strongest cleaner, volumizing shampoo still does a good job washing hair with the added benefit of providing more body.
- Dry & Damaged Hair Shampoo: As the name suggests, dry hair shampoo is the best shampoo for anyone with dry or brittle hair. They utilize mild ingredients to ensure they don’t cause further damage and dryness, working to gently clean the hair while protecting it.
- Coloured Hair Shampoo: For anyone that dyes their hair, colored hair shampoo is a must for maintaining the color and shine. Often contain color boosters to help keep the hair looking as vibrant as possible.
- Two-in-One Shampoo: Combines both a shampoo and hair conditioner in one product. Useful for anyone that doesn’t use a separate conditioner but would like their hair to remain in great condition.
Top 10 list of shampoos in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their shampoos. Which shampoo is the best?
- COLOR SAFE and PH BALANCED; Our color safe and PH balanced shampoos and conditioners…
- OUR NO LIST; Our Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner is paraben free and colorant f…
- THE SCENT EXPERIENCE; Multilayered scents of fizzy citrus, exotic spices and creamy…
- Helps to maintain naturally balanced hair
- Moisturises and protects, while adding lustre to hair
- Cleanses and energises the scalp
- Pantene Pro V Formula Innovation: Pantene’s shampoo and conditioner system…
- Vitamin level tested by Swiss Vitamin Institute
- Your Ideal Hair: Healthy looking, manageable hair from root to tip
- TIP: If you hair is feeling extra dry, drop some of our Certified Organic Rosehip…
- An aroma of Coconut and Lime invigorates the senses
- Promotes natural luscious and revitalised hair
- Use with TRESemme Remoisturise Conditioner
- Cleanses your hair for that fresh, just-left-the-salon feel
- This formula is enriched with Vitamin C
- Palmolive Naturals Hair Variants are made with a recyclable bottle
- ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FRESH SCENT? Palmolive Active Nourishment Shampoo is infused…
- MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE AND LESS OF WHAT YOU DON'T: Palmolive Naturals Shampoo are…
- Delivers a salon-healthy look and enviable shine
- Contains Vitamin E
- Restores vibrancy and makes dry, damaged hair soft without weighing it down
- helps to penetrate the hair shaft.
- Renewing.Discover newly restored strength, shine, softness, and seductive, silky…
- Discover smooth, sexy tresses.
- Experience the multi layered scents of vibrant coconut, a bouquet of white florals…
- pH balanced and safe for colour treated hair
- Crafted with a blend of essential antioxidant, aloe and sea kelp
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best shampoos, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a shampoo test. Last Update: 2021/06/21.