Review10Best compares the best toners in Australia and selects the one by Sukin as the best toner. In a toner buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different toners and see a recommendation on which toner to buy in Australia in 2021. By considering the top list of toners, you can find the best toners and save time shopping online.
Table of contents
SEE THE TOP 10 LIST →
(skip buying guide)
It’s important to find the best toner for your skin type, otherwise, you may not get all the benefits from this skincare product. There are a few other things you need to consider when buying skin toner too, which can make the process difficult for those that are unsure of what they need.
To help with the buying process, check out the handy guide below, it covers all the information that you need to find the best toners for your skincare routine.
What are toners?
Toner, also called skin toner, is a type of cosmetic product used to cleanse the skin by unclogging pores and removing excess oil. A toner lotion is typically incorporated into a daily skincare routine, being applied after cleansing skin with a facial wash and before applying moisturiser.
Why should you buy a good toner?
The best skin toners are a great addition to your skincare routine, especially if you wear heavy makeup or have oily skin. It offers additional cleansing after using a facial wash, removing excess oil and cleaning out pores, while offering some protection by shirking the pores to make it harder for dirt and grime to penetrate.
Furthermore, facial toners helps to restore the pH balance to our skin. Skin pH often gets out of balance after washing with a cleanser because soaps are usually more alkaline, so by keeping skin pH balanced with a toner there is less chance of oil developing.
How to choose the right toner?
Here are some things to look out for when you are buying the best toner:
- Skin Type: As with any skincare product, you need to make sure you select a toner that is suitable for your skin type. For instance, if you have sensitive or oily skin, then a toner with no alcohol is recommended. Those with dry skin will benefit from toner with additional moisturising effects such as a hyaluronic toner.
- Ingredients: The ingredients in toner vary from product to product, so you always need to check what is used and make sure nothing is going to irate your skin. Alcohol should be avoided in toners if you have dry or sensitive skin, while there are certain ingredients you may find beneficial. For instance, hyaluronic acid is great for moisturising, aloe vera also hydrates the skin, while antioxidants are great for protecting skin after applying the toner.
- Skin Issues: If you have certain issues with your skin then selecting a toner that can alleviate these problems is recommended. For example, a toner that exfoliates can help with acne problems, while rehydrating face tonics are a good option if your skin has lots of dry areas.
What is the best kind of toner in Australia?
Some of the best-selling toners available to buy are listed in the following:
- Pore-Minimizing Toners: This type of toner works to minimize the appearance of pores, usually featuring ingredients like an astringent to thoroughly cleanse pores. They won’t change the pore size though, just clean it so well they appear smaller.
- Korean Toners: A toner popular in South Korea, is quite different from most other toners, offering lots of hydration as it contains no alcohol. Ingredients vary from each product, with most known to give an attractive glow.
- Rose Water Toners: Made from rose waters distilled in water, this all-natural product is one of the gentlest toners available so is great for anyone with very sensitive skin.
- Hyaluronic Toners: This toner features higher volumes of hyaluronic acid, which is known for its moisturising and anti-aging properties, helping to hydrate skin while reducing visible signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
Top 10 list of toners in Australia (June 2021)
The bestseller list compares brands and their toners. Which toner is the best?
- Use anytime your skin is feeling stressed or overheated
- Also can be used in the office as a 3pm pick me up, after makeup application to give…
- Can be used before and after cleansing
- Willowherb naturally helps to reduce the prevalence of acne causing bacteria on the…
- Limits skin shine
- Refines the pores and skin texture
- This is a hydrating toner that leaves your complexion looking fresh, firm and re…
- Invigorates the skin due to its refreshing formula.
- Moisturizes the skin to keep its natural moisture balance.
- Country of Origin: Korea, Democratic People'S Republic Of (North)
- Non- comedogenic
- Brightens skin and corrects skin texture
- Finely tightens enlarged pores and mildly replenishes skin with long-lasting moi…
- Provides non-sticky moisture and nutrients with soft touch
- Dermatologically tested on sensitive skin
- Respecting their physiological balance
- Made in USA
- Free of Alcohol, parabens and propylene glycol
- Certified Organic Aloe Vera
- Leaves the skin feeling soft and silky smooth
- Effectively removes the final oil and make-up residues after cleansing
- Blend of natural essential oils to purify, soothe and tighten pores
- Dermatologically Tested
- Helps to refresh your facial features.
- Helps to de-crinkle and refresh your skin
- WHY WASTE TIME AND MONEY with unnatural ingredients when you have the opportunity…
- THE BEST SKIN-CARE AT THE LOWEST PRICE - You will be hard-set to find the high quality…
- WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK YOUNGER WHILE HAVING HEALTHIER SKIN? Our synergistic blend…
* We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best toners, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a toner test. Last Update: 2021/06/23.