Review10Best compares the best toothbrushes in Australia and nominates the one by PHILIPS as the best toothbrush. In our toothbrushes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different toothbrushes and follow our recommendation on which toothbrush to buy in Australia in 2020. With the toothbrush comparison, you can be sure to buy the best toothbrush on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate toothbrush buying guide
- View our toothbrush picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to toothbrushes
- Watch recommended videos about toothbrushes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A quality toothbrush is one of the most important tools for maintaining good oral hygiene. Yet there is so much choice out there, that not everyone understands how to choose the best toothbrush for the teeth and brushing habit. Looking to maintain your teeth with the best toothbrush possible? Then look below for the information you need!
What are toothbrushes?
A toothbrush is an instrument used for cleaning teeth, gums, and the tongue. It is specifically designed to aid with brushing in hard to reach areas of the mouth, including a long handle and a brush of tightly packed nylon bristles. Toothbrushes come with many shapes, sizes, and textures, while some have additional features such as a section for cleaning the tongue.
Why should you buy a good toothbrush?
A toothbrush is essential for maintaining health teeth and gums. Those that do not use a toothbrush are at risk for a host of dental issues, including gum disease and cavities, which are caused by plaque and bacteria build-ups.
Additionally, some people have certain dental issues (such as braces) that are made more manageable by using the best toothbrush for their needs.
How to choose the right toothbrush?
Heading into a shop to buy a toothbrush will reveal the staggering amount of choices, making all the more difficult to find the best toothbrush for your personal needs. Here are some important things to think about to find a great toothbrush:
- Head Size: The head of the toothbrush is the most important part, as this is the part that does all the cleaning, so you will want to find something suitable for your teeth. Any head that an inch tall and a half inch wide will be a fine option for most adults, and while it’s possible to get a bigger toothbrush head, it can often make brushing certain areas more difficult.
- Bristles: Any good toothbrush should be made from nylon bristles, but there are varying degrees of firmness available. For instance, a soft nylon bristle is the better choice for most people’s teeth, although this may not be the case depending on how hard you brush. However, it is recommended that you avoid bristles that are too hard, as they can end up causing more damage than good!
- Disposable or electric: The two main choices of toothbrush are electric and disposable. A disposable is the best-priced toothbrush and should be perfectly suitable providing your brushing technique is correct, although many prefer an electric toothbrush as it does most of the brushing for you! Of course, an electric toothbrush is more expensive but can be a more effective form of brushing, providing it uses an oscillation rotation. There are many electric toothbrushes that are as effective as manual brush from a disposable, so be mindful of this!
What is the best kind of toothbrush in Australia?
There are two main choices when it comes to types of toothbrush, although each of these have many variations of their own that you might find appealing.
- Manual Toothbrush: The most common toothbrush that most people have used at some point, they feature a plastic handle and a head consisting of nylon bristles. Bristle firmness can vary from each manufacturer, while the head comes in various shapes too. The rounded edge rectangle head is probably the most widespread type of head, with other popular choices including a diamond shape.
- Electric Toothbrush: An electric toothbrush comes with a rechargeable battery, which is used to power various types of brush heads. For example, some electric toothbrushes feature a sonic brush head, meaning it vibrates side to side, while spinning brush heads make quick rotations in both directions. As you may expect, this is the most expensive option, but it can be the better toothbrush for people that are short on time to brush as efficiently as the need too. Additionally, some higher end models come with different brushing modes for certain teeth and gum types, such as for sensitive teeth.
Top 10 list of toothbrushes in Australia (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their toothbrushes rank and which toothbrush is the best.
- Sensitive mode for a gentle clean. Dynamic cleaning action drives fluid between teeth.…
- Dual charging system: charger glass and travel case
- Whitens teeth and removes stains
- #1 Toothbrush brand used by dentists worldwide
- End Rounded Bristles: End rounded bristles, which are soft on your gums
- Tongue Cleaner: Molded Tongue Cleaner designed to help freshen breath
- Dentist and Hygienists recommend replacing your toothbrush every 3 months
- Slim head and easy to maneuver flexible neck for better reach
- High density bristles
- Daily Clean and Sensitive brushing modes
- Know you’ve brushed the right amount of time with the 2-minute professional…
- Protect your gums: Pressure Control reduces brushing speed and alerts you if you…
- Also available in bigger, standard size for Kids Age 7+
- Reminder bristles help you recognise when it s time for a replacement
- Safe on teeth & gums and each brush head has been quality tested for exceptional…
- Oral-B PRO 100 powered by Braun crossaction Power Brush with Waterproof Handle
- Rechargeable Battery: Lasts up to 8 days ( 2min, 2X/day)
- Timer: Helps you brush the dentist recommended 2 minutes
- Wide range of usesUV phone sanitizer not only for phones but also for masks, iPods,…
- Easy to useConnect the USB cable to the power supply and sterilizer, close the lid…
- large CapacityThe UV sterilizer box is suitable for mobile phones with a maximum…
- Extra soft silicone bristles provide gentle cleaning for emerging teeth
- Help in the eruption of teeth by gently cleans gums
- Soft massaging bristles clean and soothe new teeth
- 6 refills in box
- Replace your brush head every 3 months to relive that new brush feeling
- Designed with dentists, and compatible with Oral-B rechargeable electric toothbrush…
- The BrushSync replacement reminder will let you know when to replace your brush…
- Helpful timers will guide you through your brushing experience
- Lets you know when you're pressing too hard
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/08 10:48. o'clock.
Other reviews related to toothbrushes
Recommended Video about the best toothbrushes