Review10Best compares the best turbo trainers in Australia and nominates the one by Alpcour as the best turbo trainer. In our turbo trainers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different turbo trainers and follow our recommendation on which turbo trainer to buy in Australia in 2020. With the turbo trainer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best turbo trainer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate turbo trainer buying guide
- View our turbo trainer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about turbo trainers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best turbo trainer makes indoor exercise with your bike easy and enjoyable. Yet, finding the right model for your needs can be difficult. As a relatively newer addition to the fitness world, not everyone knows what a turbo trainer is let alone how to choose the right one, which is where this buying guide can help. It tells you everything you need to know about this increasingly popular type of exercise equipment and how to choose the best turbo trainers for your needs.
What are turbo trainers?
A turbo trainer is a training device that allows you to use your bike indoors. You connect your bike to the turbo trainer, after which you can start cycling in a stationary position, effectively converting the outdoor bicycle into an indoor exercise bike.
Why should you buy a good turbo trainer?
Because a good turbo trainer lets you train with your bike indoors, it’s a fantastic investment for people that love cycling but find it difficult to do outdoors throughout the year. For example, it’s difficult to ride a bike every day during winter due to poor weather like ice, rain, fog, and low light conditions, so a machine like a turbo trainer allows you to continue cycling indoors regardless of the weather.
Anyone that uses their bike to keep in shape can certainly benefit from a turbo trainer, as it means there are no limitations to when and where you can ride!
How to choose the right turbo trainer?
As not everyone is familiar with a turbo trainer, knowing what to look for isn’t always easy. Here are a few things to think about when buying the best turbo trainer:
- Resistance: Turbo trainers use resistance training for exercise so the higher the resistance levels the more challenging the training gets, which is a big appeal for people training rigorously. Also, there are different types of resistance used in turbo trainers. For example, air resistance is found on affordable models but cause a lot of noise, fluid resistance is smooth and quiet but lacks proper capabilities at low speeds, while magnetic resistance allows for comprehensive control over resistance levels at varying speeds.
- Size: Like any indoor training equipment, a turbo trainer can take up a fair amount of space, so if you don’t have much free room then you will want to consider the overall size of the trainer. Should space be at a premium, consider a foldable design for convenience.
- Smart Capabilities: While more expensive, turbo trainers with smart capabilities tend to have much more functionality compared to manual turbo trainers. These connect to your smartphone or smartwatch and let you use various apps for custom exercise routines, group classes, virtual riding scenarios and more.
What is the best kind of turbo trainer in Australia?
The most popular turbo trainers available to buy include:
- Wheel-On Turbo Trainers: The most common type of turbo trainer, wheel-on trainers have a roller and A-frame that connect to the rear wheel of the bike and hold it in place. When you start cycling, the roller turns and creates resistance for training.
- Direct Drive Turbo Trainers: This type of trainer involves removing the rear tire and then connecting the drop out to the trainer itself, with the chain connecting both devices to create the necessary drive. While more expensive, they offer improved stability, more resistance options, and aren’t as loud as wheel-on trainers. Many cyclists prefer the more realistic feeling they provide, too.
Top 10 list of turbo trainers in Australia (July 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their turbo trainers rank and which turbo trainer is the best.
- FOLDABLE FRAME FOR EASY TRAVEL - Portable Stand is Hard-Wearing Yet Lightweight &…
- SAFE, STEADY CONSTRUCTION - Stand is Composed of Durable, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel…
- 6 LEVELS OF FIXED RESISTANCE - Convenient Handle Bar Mounted Cable Controller Lets…
- The upgraded one can hold your phone when you are riding
- Be widely used on most mountain road indoor stationary bikes
- Light and portable, can be folded and storage as you like
- √ Why An Indoor Bike Trainer: When the bad weather tries to stop your cycling…
- √ Storage and use: easy to assemble, replace the original quick release with…
- √ Smooth & Silent: Noise reduction resistance wheel helps cut out the spinning…
- If you've been riding indoors for any length of time, you've undoubtedly toppled…
- Specially profiled to secure into trainer - cylindrical shape with flat ends
- Standard rear skewer size Universal fitting for all rear cycle wheels with hollow…
- It has a graduated interior designed to suit both mountain bike wheels and road bike…
- Rises your front wheel to enable your natural riding position, integrated rubber…
- Fits all road and mountain bikes, Provides 1 1/2inch rise
- √ STORAGE & USE: Easy to put together, replace original quick release with…
- √ EASY INSTALLATION: The static bike trainer is incredibly simply to install…
- √ GREAT WAY TO GET FIT: Bicycle fits and releases from trainer quickly and…
- Compatible with 26", 27" and 700cc wheels
- Sturdy front-wheel floor platform
- Sets up in seconds
- Travel-friendly, foldable frame: the portable stand is durable, but light and compact,…
- Compatible: Suitable for most racing and mountain bikes with 26-29 "or 700C…
- Resistance: The fluid trainer contains a fluid chamber for additional resistance.…
- Widely applicationFits most sizes of bikes
- Good performanceAnti-slipping design, keeps you secure
- Main functionPads on the bottom protect your floor form damage during training
- Durable Tire that Eats-Up Miles
- Available for MTB and 650c Road Bikes
- Versatile - Use for Commutes to Work, Sport Rides or Winter Training Rides
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/07/02 20:28. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best turbo trainers