Review10Best compares the best usb flash drives in Australia and selects the one by SanDisk as the best usb flash drive. In a usb flash drive buying guide, you can read more about the features of the different usb flash drives and see a recommendation on which usb flash drive to buy in Australia in 2023. By considering the top list of usb flash drives, you can find the best usb flash drives and save time shopping online.
- Read the ultimate usb flash drive buying guide
- View the usb flash drive picks and see how they rank in the top list
There are fewer devices more useful than a good USB flash drive. Suitable for storing and transferring data from device to device, these portable storage devices have many uses that make them a great buy for most people. To help you find the best USB flash drives for your needs, check out the handy buying guide below: It has all the info you need to find the perfect storage device:
What are usb flash drives?
A USB flash drive is a portable storage device that uses flash memory to store and transfer various types of files like photos, videos, music, documents etc. It plugs into the USB port in a computer and comes with varying memory levels, ranging from a few gigabytes all the way up to several terabytes, with more memory allowing you to store more files.
Why should you buy a good usb flash drive?
Given the massive role that computers play in our day to day lives, most people benefit from owning a great USB flash drive. The devices are small and portable yet have an impressive storage capacity, letting you store various files onto the drive like music, movies, tv shows, documents etc., making it suitable for all kinds situations, including work, school, or just watching stuff at home.
How to choose the right usb flash drive?
Here are some things to consider when you’re buying the best USB flash drives:
- Capacity: The higher the memory capacity the more data the flash drive holds, although it will also increase the price. Consider what you need to store on it to ensure you get a suitable capacity for your needs. For instance, a flash drive under 10GB is fine for music, photos, and a few movies, but if you plan on storing lots of large files (like films and TV shows) then a higher capacity is recommended.
- Speed: USB flash drives come in three specifications, each one impacting how quickly the device transfers data from a computer to the flash drive. USB 1.0 is the original specification and not that common these days, mainly due to its slower speeds, with USB 2.0 and 3.0 being the standard spec for most devices. USB 3.0 transfers files the quickest so is the most convenient, although it will cost more than USB 2.0.
- Security: USB drives are very convenient for file transfers but aren’t the most secure device, with the lower capacity making it hard to implement decent encryption software. Some devices come with better security, such as a pin code to access the device or built-in encryption software, although these will cost significantly more than standard devices. Consider how secure you need it to be - it may not be too much of an issue unless you are storing sensitive information.
What is the best kind of usb flash drive in Australia?
There are three types of USB flash drive specifications available:
- USB 1.0 Flash Drives: The original USB specification, USB 1.0 is mostly outdated but you can find some devices using this. Technically, an updated version called 1.1 knows the standard for this specification but offering transfer rate of 12 Mbps.
- USB 2.0 Flash Drives: This specification is found on most cheap USB drives, with the fastest USB 2.0 devices offering transfer speeds up to 480 Mbps.
- USB 3.0 Flash Drives: The best USB flash drives use USB 3.0, offering the fastest transfer speeds at up to 5 Gbps, while more recent devices use USB 3.1 that can offer transfer speeds of up to 10 Gbps. These devices are more likely to have encryption software for added security, although it’s not a given.
Top 10 list of usb flash drives in Australia (September 2023)
The bestseller list compares brands and their usb flash drives. Which usb flash drive is the best?
- Operating temperature 0 degree to 45 degree in Celsius. Storage temperature minus…
- Available in 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB capacities
- Password protects and encrypts private files with SanDisk SecureAccess software
- Quickly move files to your computer
- Automatic backup is just a plug-in away
- Free up space to take more photos
- Plug and PlayNo need to install or connect drivers, just plug it into USB port of…
- Portable and Stylish USB Flash DriveThis thumb drive is small, simple and stylish,…
- High Compatibility Highly compatible usb flash drive. It is compatible with most…
- Available in capacities up to 256GB
- Practical cap protects the USB plug
- Large loop easily attaches to key rings
- TOUGH AND TRUSTED: Files stay secure, anywhere you go. Samsung's leadership…
- RUGGED REFINEMENT: As strong as it is stylish. The sturdy metal body is designed…
- GET YOUR TIME BACK: Fast and convenient read speeds up to 300 MB/s with the latest…
- Automatically back up photos using the SanDisk Memory Zone app.(3)
- Free up space on your USB Type-C smartphone so you can take more photos.(2)
- Seamlessly move content between your USB Type-C smartphone, tablets and Macs and…
- Product colour: black.
- USB Type-A Connector Format element: Slide
- USB version: 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1).
- Memory stick
- U Disk
- COMPATIBILITY -- This 2TB Thumb Drive Supports Almost All Operating Systems, Including…
- CONVENIENCE -- The Weight Of 2TB USB Thumb Drives Is Only 0.03Lb, Which Is Smaller…
- USB DRIVES STORAGE -- 2TB USB Flash Drives 3.0 Memory Stick to Meet Your Daily Work,…
- Five-year limited manufacturer warranty [Visit the official SanDisk website for warranty…
- Move a full-length movie to the drive in less than 30 seconds(2) [(2) Based on 1.2GB…
- Write up to 15X faster than standard USB 2.0 drives(1)
We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. For the list of the best usb flash drives, we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. It is not a usb flash drive test. Last Update: 2023/09/24.