Review10Best compares the best bookshelf speakers in Austria and nominates the one from Harman Kardon Deutschland as the best speaker. In our bookshelf speakers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different speakers and follow our recommendation on which bookshelf speaker to buy in Austria in 2019. With the speaker comparison, you can be sure to buy the best bookshelf speaker on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate bookshelf speaker buying guide
- View our bookshelf speaker picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to speakers
- Watch recommended videos about bookshelf speakers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A good set of bookshelf speakers offer exceptional audio for stereo and home theatre systems. However, it’s often hard to determine what the best bookshelf speakers are, as there are many products to choose from, all of which vary in quality.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best bookshelf speaker for your entertainment setup.
What are bookshelf speakers?
A bookshelf speaker is a type of loudspeaker designed to sit on shelves. As a result, bookshelf speakers are smaller and more compact than most other loudspeakers, making it easier to place them on raised surfaces such as shelves. While previously designed to work with home theatre systems and shelf stereos, modern bookshelf speakers often have wireless connectivity, allowing them to work with various devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, televisions, and stereos.
Why should you buy a good bookshelf speaker?
The best bookshelf speakers offer exceptional audio quality in a compact system. This makes them ideal for people that want great audio for listening to music or watching films and television, espiecally those that are tight on space. Integrated speakers do not offer the same audio quality as devices such as bookshelf speakers, making them a great option for enhancing the audio of a television, computer, smartphone etc.
How to choose the right bookshelf speaker?
There are many things to consider before choosing a good bookshelf speaker, including:
- Frequency Response: This refers to the range of sounds the speaker produces, with the best bookshelf speakers using tweeters and woofers for incredible sound replication including high frequencies and low basses. A high-quality bass will cost more but offers the best overall audio quality, while speakers with extended high frequency response are a more cost-effective option. The best bookshelf speakers should have a good balance of low and high frequencies. Those that focus on high frequencies tend to have an undesirable pitch while those with too much emphasis on low frequencies result in a very boomy bass.
- Size: It’s easy to assume that bigger is always better for a speaker, but in the case of bookshelf speakers this isn’t the case. Improvements in technology have allowed bookshelf speakers to increase their audio quality without having to sacrifice their compactness, as you don’t want this type of speaker to be too big to fit onto a shelf.
- Connectivity: Previously, any bookshelf speaker had to be connected to stereo systems or home theatre systems to provide audio feedback, but now many connect wirelessly using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. In these instances, you won’t require any audio cables to connect to devices, so be sure to determine what type of connectivity is required so you have the appropriate hardware for the speakers to connect to other devices.
What is the best kind of bookshelf speaker in Austria?
There are a few options when it comes to types of bookshelf speakers, any of which may be ideal for your needs.
- Ported Bookshelf Speakers: Also known as vented speakers, ported bookshelf speakers allow for higher levels of bass response due to vents that tune speaker cones. Because this allows speakers to be specifically tuned by the amount air that pushes through, it reduce the overall distortion by limiting the cone’s pushback. This makes them much better at handling bass, although the sound accuracy may be less than other types, and they are quite hard to tune.
- Sealed Bookshelf Speakers: Unlike ported speakers, sealed bookshelf speakers feature no vents, with the back section of the unit being completely sealed. This results in a much better response than other speakers, meaning it can quickly adjust to changing music notes. They are generally much smaller than ported speakers, although they do not handle bass as well this type.
Top 10 list of bookshelf speakers in Austria (May 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their bookshelf speakers rank and which speaker is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/05/25 13:46 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to speakers
Recommended Video about the best bookshelf speakers