Review10Best compares the best cameras in Austria and nominates the one from Nikon as the best camera. In our cameras review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different cameras and follow our recommendation on which camera to buy in Austria in 2019. With the camera comparison, you can be sure to buy the best camera on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate camera buying guide
- View our camera picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to cameras
- Watch recommended videos about cameras
- More about cameras on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best camera for you will depend on many factors, from your budget to intended uses. With countless options available, finding the best camera can feel rather overwhelming, but this also means there is a great chance of finding a camera to your liking. Cameras have changed drastically in recent years, with most modern devices operating in a digital format, although many still enjoy using classic film cameras too.
What are cameras?
A camera is a box-shaped device used to capture images into photographs. The camera design has changed significantly over the years, with traditional film cameras now being replaced by digital cameras. Digital cameras work by pressing a button to take a picture, and when this occurs an aperture opens to allow light to stream through the camera lens. The light rays that come through are then captured and stored electronically. Various types of sensors and lenses are available and can be utilized to achieve various types of photographs.
A classic film camera works in a similar fashion, with a button being pressed to open a shutter that then quickly opens the aperture. Again, light streams through the lens, causing a reaction to occur in the film that captures the image taken.
Why should you buy a good camera?
Cameras are timeless devices that have been used for centuries, having been used by countless generations to capture the most cherished moments in life. The best cameras come with a host of great features and allow you to take photographs of breath-taking quality, but even a basic camera offers a great way to capture photos.
Whether you want to take photographs of friends, family, landscapes, special occasions, or anything else, a camera is a valuable piece of hardware that anyone should want to own.
How to choose the right camera?
With a staggering amount of options available, it can be quite difficult choosing the best camera for your needs. Here are some important factors to consider that will hopefully make finding the best camera that bit easier:
- Sensor Size: While oversimplifying things a bit, one standard to follow is that the bigger the sensor size of a camera, the better the image quality is. This relates to the fact that a bigger sensor can receive more light, therefore producing a much better-quality image. Full-frame sensors are the best in this regard, while ASP-C is not far behind, making them the best option for anyone looking for the highest possible image quality.
- ISO: This feature refers to the light sensitivity of the camera sensor. Digital cameras can adjust this accordingly, with higher ISO resulting in a brighter image, which is great for lower light settings. However, the higher the ISO the more susceptible a photo is to noise and discoloration, so it is important that the camera sensor can reduce noise should you intend to shoot in darker settings.
- Size and Weight: Many people are put off by the thickness and heavy weights of a DSLR camera, as it is rather cumbersome to carry. The best camera for you may not necessarily be the most powerful camera, as you might benefit more from a compact digital camera that is easier to carry and therefore more likely to be used.
What is the best kind of camera in Austria?
With no shortage of options, finding the best camera type for your needs is easier said than done. Here are some of the most popular camera types and what they offer:
- DSLR Camera: A digital single lens reflex (DSLR) is the choice of professional photographers thanks to the exceptional quality images they produce. They can also record in HD, have interchangeable lenses and can be adjusted to achieve various shooting modes and functions. They are unquestionably the best camera in terms of sheer performance, but also the most expensive, making them the better choice of camera for the seasoned photographer. However, there are many reasonably priced options for any beginners looking to truly immerse themselves in photography.
- Compact Point and Shoot Camera: Often referred to as a compact digital camera, these are much smaller and lightweight compared to DSLR, although they produce great quality pictures none the less. Great for children and beginners, they offer the perfect way to familiarize yourself with photography without investing a huge amount of money.
- Camera Phone: Rather self-explanatory, most mobile phone devices come with a reasonable camera. A great benefit with this camera is that it is carried with you wherever you go, and can offer some cool features to give you a taste of what photography has to offer.
- Action Camera: Not unlike a compact camera, adventure cams are robust enough to handle adverse weather and any shock from dropping the device. An action Cam is a great camera option for anyone that loves outdoor activities and wants to document their experiences.
Top 10 list of cameras in Austria (June 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their cameras rank and which camera is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/06/25 12:27 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to cameras
Recommended Video about the best cameras
Further resources about cameras
- Which smartphone has the best camera | The Guardian: Take good photographs in a wide range of lighting conditions. (source: www.theguardian.com)
- Top Digital Cameras for the Money | Tom's Guide: Here are the best digital cameras for the money, including our DSLRs and mirrorless cameras (source: www.tomsguide.com)
- Buying Advice | What Digital Camera: Read a range of buying advice to find what camera equipment to buy (source: www.whatdigitalcamera.com)