Review10Best compares the best carbon monoxide detectors in Austria and nominates the one by Smartwares as the best carbon monoxide detector. In our carbon monoxide detectors review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different carbon monoxide detectors and follow our recommendation on which carbon monoxide detector to buy in Austria in 2020. With the carbon monoxide detector comparison, you can be sure to buy the best carbon monoxide detector on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate carbon monoxide detector buying guide
- View our carbon monoxide detector picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about carbon monoxide detectors
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A good carbon monoxide (CO) detector detects the dangers of carbon monoxide in enclosed spaces, making it an incredibly important device for homes using fuel-burning appliances. However, it’s not always clear what the best CO detector is for your home, and because this is a very important safety device you should always take the time to research what you need.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best carbon monoxide detectors for your home:
What are carbon monoxide detectors?
As the name suggests, a carbon monoxide detector is a device used to detect the presence of carbon monoxide gas in the air. By detecting carbon monoxide, the system provides a warning to people that they are at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, which is virtually undetectable to humans. Remember that a CO detector doesn't replace a good smoke detector.
Why should you buy a good carbon monoxide detector?
If you use a fuel-burning appliance such as gas heating in your home, then it’s essential that you have a carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer, as the gas is highly poisonous to humans but impossible to detect through smell or taste, making it highly dangerous. So, if you don’t have a good carbon monoxide detector but there is a chance that carbon monoxide gas leaks from an appliance in your home, you could very well die without ever knowing anything was wrong.
How to choose the right carbon monoxide detector?
It is incredibly important to choose the best carbon monoxide detector possible for home to eliminate any risks of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. Be sure to consider the following things to help you choose a good CO detector:
- Alarm Volume: The best carbon monoxide detectors offer a loud audible alarm at the first detection of carbon monoxide. This is important as carbon monoxide poisoning causes drowsiness and eventually causes you to fall asleep, at which point you are even more at risk of dying, so getting a warning signal as soon as possible is a must. Make sure the alarm is loud and audible from several feet away, especially if buying for an elderly person.
- Display: Newer carbon monoxide detectors feature digital displays that offer real-time readings and a constant stream of data. Not only that, these displays offer info regarding battery life, peak levels measured, and other helpful data. One setback from digital displays is that they often appear bright when sleeping, so may not be ideal for light sleepers or those easily distracted.
- Power Source: Battery-operated carbon monoxide detectors are very reliable, but the batteries need to be changed every so often and it's important not to forget this otherwise it becomes useless. Hardwired CO detectors are connected to the mains power so will never stop working unless there is a power outage, although most feature backup batteries should this occur.
What is the best kind of carbon monoxide detector in Austria?
There are several types of good carbon monoxide detectors available, all of which offer their own unique advantages.
- Digital Display CO Detectors: A great carbon monoxide detector for most homes, it features a digital display that provides real-time data about current and previous CO levels in parts per million. While more expensive, they provide accurate data that offer a peace of mind and plenty of warning.
- Hardwired CO Detectors: The best carbon monoxide detectors for homes with several rooms, these are hardwired to the power supply and feature backup batteries should there ever be a power outage. This means professional installation is almost always required, but there is no risk of the detector running out of battery.
- Battery-Operated CO Detectors: A great all-round carbon monoxide detector, battery-operated devices last for several years before the battery needs to be changed. However, if you forget to change the battery then the device doesn’t offer any warning, so it’s always important to remember to change the battery, although this is easy enough as they come with low battery warnings.
- Patch CO Detectors: A cheap detector that doesn’t offer an audio alarm but rather a visual one, patch carbon monoxide detectors change color if there is any CO detected. While very affordable, the lack of an audio alarm makes it far less effective than other types.
Top 10 list of carbon monoxide detectors in Austria (June 2020)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their carbon monoxide detectors rank and which carbon monoxide detector is the best.
- Box contents: 1x CO detector (Ei208D) with mounting plate, manual, screws and do…
- German version, intended for sale in German-speaking countries only
- Real carbon monoxide, calibrated
- - Dgsffhfsd specializes in the development and production of carbon monoxide warning…
- Battery-operated: The CO detector uses the replaceable batteries (2x1.5V AA). Even…
- LCD display with display of CO concentration: Carbon monoxide as a deadly respiratory…
- Quality approval: comes with lifetime customer support and a response time of 24…
- Large LCD screen & high sensitivity: clearly displays real-time CO values in…
- Flexible and easy installation: no wiring and sockets required, as our battery-operated…
- 10 years sensor performance and power supply.
- Tested and certified in accordance with EN50291:2010.
- Large display shows the CO concentration (with peak value memory).
- BSI certified to EN52091 Part 1 and Part 2 (Motorhomes and Boats) CE tested and…
- Multifunctional green and red LEDs to indicate power and alarm status
- Tested and approved for use in boats and motorhomes
- High quality: this smoke carbon monoxide detector is BSI certified and complies with…
- Multiple functions: easy to reach the test button for function test on the front,…
- Large LCD display: clearly displays real-time carbon monoxide (CO) concentration…
- High-quality material: The outer casing of this detector is made of high-quality…
- Reliable protection: With a loud alarm sound (approx. 85dB) and LCD display with…
- Functional test button: This carbon monoxide detector is equipped with a useful test…
- Easy to test function readiness with test button and display
- Sensor and battery power typical 10
- Reliable warning against CO hazards
iAffiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword. Last Update. 2020/06/02 12:40. o'clock.
Recommended Video about the best carbon monoxide detectors