Review10Best compares the best CD players in Austria and nominates the one from STL Deutschland GmbH as the best CD player. In our CD players review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different CD players and follow our recommendation on which CD player to buy in Austria in 2019. With the CD player comparison, you can be sure to buy the best CD player on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate CD player buying guide
- View our CD player picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about CD players
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Despite the popularity of digital MP3 players and streaming services like Spotify, CD players are still a fantastic product for anyone that loves listening to high-quality music. The best CD players offer unrivaled audio quality compared to any other device, making them still a worthwhile investment, especially if you haven’t parted with your CD collection!
Check out the handy buying guide below for all the information you need to buy the best CD player:
What are CD players?
A CD player is a device used to play audio from compact discs (CDs). It consists of two parts, the transport, which holds and spins the disc, and the digital to analog converter (DAC), which converts the digital data imprinted on a CD and converts into an analog audio signal. The best CD players offer a range of additional features too, such multi-disc playback, digital inputs and outputs, track programming, and various play modes. A CD player can also be portable to use on the go.
Why should you buy a good CD player?
A good CD player is unrivaled in terms of audio quality. While devices such as DVD players, Blu-Ray players, mobile phones, tablets, and computers all play audio, the lack of a quality DAC means they still don’t match the sound quality produced by a CD player. So, if you are an audiophile or music lover in general, the best CD player devices offer unmatched audio clarity and crispness. Even cheaper CD players tend to offer better audio than most other devices, making them worth having should you have CD collection and no hifi system at home.
How to choose the right CD player?
Choosing the best CD player depends on many different things, so it helps to know what you want from one. Here are some things to consider that will make it easier to find a great CD player:
- Digital to Analogue Converter: The best CD players are those with a quality digital to analog converter (DAC). While all CD players have this feature to convert the digital signals on a CD into analog signals to play through speakers, they are not all the same level of quality. Look for a player with either 16-bit or 24-bit DAC ratings, as these offer the best audio quality and faster reading speeds for better clarity.
- Format Compatibility: Music on a CD can come in many formats, so it’s important to consider which ones are compatible with a CD player. For instance, CD-R and CD-RW are recordable disc formats, so if you like to burn your own CDs, then make sure the player has the necessary compatibility to play them.
- Disc Capacity: CD players come with single and multi-disc capacities, so be sure to think about which is preferable. Single discs require frequent disc changing, so if you like to listen to music uninterrupted for long periods, a multi-disc capacity is a good feature to look out for.
What is the best kind of CD player in Austria?
There are various types of CD players to buy, any of which may be perfect for your needs:
- Portable CD Players: Small and compact, portable CD players don’t feature speakers. Instead, they connect to headphones to listen to the audio. Great for using on the go, they are relatively affordable and no bigger than a standard CD.
- Boombox: Capable of being powered by batteries or through a power outlet, boomboxes can be used on the go or from the comfort of home. Tend to feature two speakers on either side of the CD player.
- Car CD Player: While most modern cars come with a built-in CD player, their audio quality often leaves a lot to be desired. Dedicated car CD players feature a better DAC, and sound incredible when hooked up to a separate speaker system, making them ideal for anyone with long daily commutes.
Top 10 list of CD players in Austria (September 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their CD players rank and which CD player is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/09/19 10:05 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best CD players