Review10Best compares the best electric bikes in Austria and nominates the one by FITIFITO as the best electric bike. In our electric bikes review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different electric bikes and follow our recommendation on which electric bike to buy in Austria in 2019. With the electric bike comparison, you can be sure to buy the best electric bike on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate electric bike buying guide
- View our electric bike picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about electric bikes
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Electric bikes continue to grow in popularity and it’s easy to see why. Fun, affordable, and convenient to ride, the best electric bikes are very functional and are a great upgrade for those that cycle to work or school. However, finding the best electric bike is quite difficult, especially when buying one for the first time. Check the buying guide below for how to choose a great electric bike.
What are electric bikes?
An electric bike is a type of bicycle that features an integrated electric motor. This motor allows the bike to be propelled forward with great ease, while some also assistant with pedal power. All electric bikes still need to be peddled by the user, making them different to an electric motorcycle.
Why should you buy a good electric bike?
Electric bicycles are not just great fun, they are very practical, too. Anyone that cycles will know the strenuous effort it requires, so the inclusion of an electric motor makes it so much easier to ride a bike, especially on steep gradients. This makes them ideal for commuting to and from work or school. In fact, the fact they take less effort to ride means you can operate them without working up a sweat or getting too burned out, which is certainly useful when riding to and from work! Remember to buy a good bike lock if you plan to lock the bike in a public area.
How to choose the right electric bike?
Choosing the best electric bike will likely require some research, especially for first-time buyers. Here are some helpful things to consider when looking to buy the right electric bike for your needs:
- Purpose: Think about how you plan on using the electric bike before you buy it, as it should help find a suitable model that meets your needs. For instance, if you’re planning on using it for commuting to work, you will want to buy a bike with a suitable design for longer rides. Most electric bikes are categorized by their purpose, making it easy to find models for trail riding, urban commuting, off-road riding, recreational riding etc.
- Motor: Electric bikes feature a motor, either in the wheel or crank of the frame. It is regularly debated which positioning is best for an electric bike, usually breaking down to how the bike is used. For instance, crank assisted bikes are generally viewed as the best for steep gradients, but they are often noisy. Those with wheel motors are usually much quieter, but they tend to lack sensors present in crank-assisted models, meaning they don’t detect how hard you pedal, so do not offer any automatic assistance.
- Battery: The best electric bike models all use lithium-ion batteries which hold the longest charge and can be recharged the quickest. This is quite important as you don’t want to constantly recharge the bike battery, so be sure to check the amp hours - the higher the number the further it goes on a single charge Remember, the best batteries usually drive the price of the bike up, but they are also the best performing, longest-lasting and most convenient. So be sure to think about how often you will be using the bike.
What is the best kind of electric bike in Austria?
There are several types of electric bikes available, any of which you may find useful for your intended use:
- Electric Urban Bikes: Designed for commuting in urban areas, these bikes usually come with a steel frame. Because they are designed for commuting, they have comfortable seating, although some better for leisurely rides rather than traveling long distances.
- Electric Folding Bikes: Small, lightweight, and collapsible, these bikes are great for traveling throughout traffic thanks to the upright seating position. Because they easily fold into a smaller size, these bicycles are great for commuting on trains or buses, and they can be tucked away in a workplace with ease.
- Electric Mountain Bikes: The heaviest and most powerful of electric bikes, mountain bikes are suitable for off-road biking on rough terrain and steep gradients. They can be used for commuting too, but their heavier design may be off-putting. Because they are used in much rougher areas, they need to have robust internal components that can handle the rough and tumble of mountain biking.
Top 10 list of electric bikes in Austria (October 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their electric bikes rank and which electric bike is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/10/21 05:04 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best electric bikes