Review10Best compares the best electric kettles in Austria and nominates the one from Philips as the best kettle. In our electric kettles review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different kettles and follow our recommendation on which electric kettle to buy in Austria in 2019. With the kettle comparison, you can be sure to buy the best electric kettle on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate electric kettle buying guide
- View our electric kettle picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about electric kettles
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best electric kettles boil water in matter of minutes, making it easy to make your favourite hot beverages such as tea and coffee. A good electric kettle is relatively cheap and a worthwhile investment for most homes, providing a quick source of boiling water for cooking and making hot drinks.
Check the buying guide below for how to choose the best electric kettle:
What are electric kettles?
An electric kettle is a type of pot that uses electricity to heat water. It works by using a heating element inside of the pot to get water to reach boiling point in a few minutes, after which you can use the water for making hot beverages or for cooking.
While designs vary, an electric kettle features a handle, lid, and spout for safely pouring the water.
Why should you buy a good electric kettle?
The best electric kettles are quite affordable and very convenient, making them a worthwhile appliance to own. Their ability to get cold water to boil in a matter of minutes is very useful for many things, namely making tea and other beverages as well as cooking things like pasta. Other methods of boiling water, such as using a microwave or stove top, take much longer than an electric kettle.
How to choose the right electric kettle?
Choosing a good electric kettle depends of a few things, so it’s important to think about what you need from the appliance. Here are some things to think about to help choose a great electric kettle:
- Speed: The best electric kettles boil water at very quick speeds, offering added convenience. This may make the kettle a bit pricier but being able to quickly boil water is one of the best features to look for in an electric kettle. It’s also helpful when boiling large amounts of water, as this tends to take significantly longer.
- Capacity: Kettles come in various sizes, so the bigger they are the more water they hold. This may not be much of an issue for individuals, but families that plan on using the kettle often may benefit from a larger capacity. Be mindful that kettles with a larger capacity will be heavier to hold and carry.
- Energy Efficiency: Buying an energy efficient kettle is certainly worth consideration, as it may end up saving you money over the long-term. For instance, as the kettle requires less power to operate, your using less electricity so can keep your energy bill down, especially if you use it often. It’s also a more environmentally friendly option!
- Water Gauge: This is a very useful feature to look out for in an electric kettle. Basically, it lets you see how much water is inside the kettle from the outside. The gauge typically features unit measurements, letting you know how much water is in the kettle, which allows for precise measurements and avoiding overfilling.
What is the best kind of electric kettle in Austria?
There are a few types of electric kettles available, any of which you may find appealing.
- Corded Electric Kettle: Features a cord directly connected to the kettle. It’s one of the cheapest types of kettle available and works to effectively boil water, but also one of the oldest designs available and quite constrictive.
- Cordless Electric Kettle: The best all-round electric kettles are usually cordless. They don’t require batteries as the kettle is made of two sections, the main kettle and the corded base. The base connects to a power supply and the kettle sits on top of it, receiving power from the base. Once boiled, cordless kettles automatically shit off, after which the kettle can be lifted from the base, being completely cordless.
Top 10 list of electric kettles in Austria (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their electric kettles rank and which kettle is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/22 23:13 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best electric kettles