Review10Best compares the best flat irons in Austria and nominates the one from Varta Consumer Batteries GmbH & Co. KGaA as the best flat iron. In our flat irons review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different flat irons and follow our recommendation on which flat iron to buy in Austria in 2019. With the flat iron comparison, you can be sure to buy the best flat iron on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate flat iron buying guide
- View our flat iron picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about flat irons
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Every woman will love to have a well straightened out, smooth and sleek looking hair. You may have made lots of failed attempts to get the smooth hair you've always coveted. Well, using a flat iron (also known as straightener) may be the excellent solution you have been seeking.
Flat irons come in different forms, varying from materials used in making them, to their lengths and heat capacity, all in a bid to ensure that for each hair type, there is always the best flat iron. Because there are so many of them, choosing the best straightener one for your hair type may be a little bit more challenging than finding your phone charger in the dark.
The good news is that you can find very useful tips below to help you make a perfect choice:
What are flat irons?
A flat iron is usually a pair of plates (mostly made of ceramic or iron) used to straighten your hair making it smooth and sleek. The plates are heated to a certain controlled degree of hotness, clamped on the hair and then pulled through giving the hair a fresh and smooth appearance. Whatever your preferred taste is, you can be sure to find a quality straightener that will meet it, whether you prefer your hair wavy, curly, straight, bent or crimped.
The best straighteners will last for years without getting damage, provided it is handled with care. However good and innocent these things may appear, overheating the iron may cut some of the hair, make it way too brittle, burn it, or in worst cases, all of them. It is advisable to always use an anti-burn protector cream, spray or gel before using the flat iron, plus you should always avoid heating the straightener above 350 degrees.
Why should you buy a good flat iron?
Using flat irons to straighten your hairs will make combing through the locks much easier. Ladies with a coarse hair type often find it very difficult to keep their hair looking smooth and relax, and get it looking that way for long. But using the right flat iron for your coarse hair can make it straight and sleek. Good flat irons give you the freedom to style your hair just the way you want it. It could give your hair a curly, bent or wavy impression.
How to choose the right flat iron?
There are just so many different options when shopping for the best flat irons. It may turn out to be a challenging task to find the right flat iron for your locks since there are so many of them on the market already. But not to worry, below is a list of useful tips to help you pick the perfect flat iron for your hair type when you shop for one:
- Hair Type: Considering your hair type when you wish to pick a flat iron is a smart idea. The natural texture of your hair should decide which hair straightener will be best for you. A flat iron with moderate temperature is best for you if you have thin hairs but one that can reach high temperatures is best for a coarse and thick hair type. The best flat irons are the digital ones that allow you set your desired temperature, so it doesn't stay lower than the temperature you want or get too hot.
- Style: The style you wish to make with your hair is another factor you should consider when choosing a flat iron. You’ve got to decide the style you intend to wear before picking up a flat iron, be it a curvy, or bent, or wavy, or just straight one.
- Price: As with any other product, the price will determine what you finally pick. Although quality comes at high prices sometimes, an expensive flat iron may not mean a great flat iron, so be sure to check with other factors mentioned here before looking out for the price of the flat iron.
What is the best kind of flat iron in Austria?
Here is a quick guide to help you decide on what type of flat iron to buy:
- Ceramic Flat Irons: These straighteners will leave your hair smooth, straight and shiny plus they have the advantage of retaining heat for a long time and remaining that way for as long as you will need it to once it is heated. In whole, ceramic flat irons are arguably the best in the market. However, you should avoid ceramic-coated flat irons because though they will still make your hair straight and smooth, they have lower quality, don't last long and do not hold up the heat as long as the ceramic flat irons.
- Titanium Flat Irons: Though they are a bit more expensive than others, titanium flat irons come with a lot of advantage. They transfer less heat through their plates, and this makes them the best for your hair tips. They are not as heavy as other options, are quite more durable, and are not likely to get damaged easily. And if you are looking for a flat iron that will heat up fast and retain the heat then titanium iron should be your best pick. They are considered the safest kind of flat irons and they distribute heat evenly along your hair.
- Tourmaline Flat Irons: Expensive but efficient, tourmaline straighteners are the best in heat distribution. Tourmaline flat irons have the gemstone, tourmaline, spread over an iron or ceramic plate making it retain more heat for a longer period. The presence of the gem makes the straightener to give the hair a very smooth effect without damaging or burning your hair.
- Metal and Glass Flat Irons: Though cheap are not the options when it comes to straighteners. They heat up slowly, develop hot spots (do not heat up evenly) and do not retain heat for long. This can cause hair damage and breakage but will smoothen the hair anyway.
There you go. Go get perfect flat iron for your locks!…are you ready for our top picks?
Top 10 list of flat irons in Austria (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their flat irons rank and which flat iron is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/19 17:45 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best flat irons