Review10Best compares the best garment steamers in Austria and nominates the one from dodocool as the best garment steamer. In our garment steamers review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different garment steamers and follow our recommendation on which garment steamer to buy in Austria in 2019. With the garment steamer comparison, you can be sure to buy the best garment steamer on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate garment steamer buying guide
- View our garment steamer picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about garment steamers
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best garment steamers leave your clothes looking as good as new. In fact, many prefer them over ironing as the main way to maintain the appearance of their clothes. However, choosing the best garment steamer is often difficult, especially if you don’t know what to look for when buying one.
What are garment steamers?
A garment steamer, also called a clothes steamer, is a device used to remove wrinkles and creases from garments and fabrics. Unlike an iron, which flattens fibres using high temperatures, garment steamers use high-temperature steam to relax the fibres, making them look wrinkle-free and more presentable.
Dry cleaning businesses use professional grade garment steamers, although there are now products designed for domestic use.
Why should you buy a good garment steamer?
The best garment steamers are fantastic alternative to ironing clothes. They are much more compact and require no ironing board, while their ability to quickly remove wrinkles makes them very efficient.
While not necessary a replacement for ironing clothes, a good garment steamer can be a fine supplement. For instance, it’s great for treating very delicate items that normally need dry cleaning, while their ability to quickly de-wrinkle garments makes them a great option for anyone that has little time to iron their clothes.
How to choose the right garment steamer?
Choosing the right garment steamer isn’t always easy if you don’t know what to look out for. Here are some things to consider that should help you find the perfect garment steamer:
- Capacity: The more water a garment steamer holds, the longer it steams for. This is quite important if you plan on steaming a lot of clothes and fabrics, as constantly having to refill it and wait for the steam to heat is rather time consuming.
- Frequency of use: If you intend to use a garment cleaner frequently, then it’s a good idea to buy a larger device that operates for longer periods, saving the hassle of constantly refilling with water. Small garment steamers are prefect for using now and then, and their cheaper prices helps to save money as well.
- Size: A great garment steamer doesn’t need to be massive, as many of the best devices are portable. These are especially useful for anyone that travels frequently, allowing you to treat any clothes that have become wrinkled in a suitcase. A full-size garment steamer is often necessary however, especially when using on large and heavy fabrics such as curtains or bedding.
- Features: Garment steamers come with a variety of features, many of which may be useful. For instance, those with adjustable steam settings allow you to treat a bigger variety of garments, while continuous steam saves the hassle of continually holding a button to activate the steam. Other handy features include a removable water tank for easy refills, fast heat-up times for even quicker steaming, and automatic shut-off to prevent damaging the device when it runs out of steam.
What is the best kind of garment steamer in Austria?
There are two main types of garment steamers to buy, with each having their own advantages.
- Handheld Garment Steamers: Small, compact, and lightweight, handheld garment steamers are ideal for anyone that plans on using the device sparingly. Their size makes them great for travelling with, while also being helpful for quickly steaming clothes when you are short on time. However, they are not the best garment steamers for thick, heavy fabrics.
- Upright Garment Steamer: The largest type of garment steamer, it is a lot bulkier compared to hand-held devices, but has a much larger capacity so can steam for much longer. They are generally more powerful too, making them the best garment steamer for treating heavier garments.
Top 10 list of garment steamers in Austria (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their garment steamers rank and which garment steamer is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/20 18:41 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best garment steamers