Review10Best compares the best GPS watches in Austria and nominates the one from Garmin as the best watch. In our GPS watches review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different watches and follow our recommendation on which GPS watch to buy in Austria in 2019. With the watch comparison, you can be sure to buy the best GPS watch on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate GPS watch buying guide
- View our GPS watch picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to watches
- Watch recommended videos about GPS watches
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A GPS watch is a must-have device for anyone that loves fitness or playing sports. They provide a range of features that make exercising much more efficient, so there is certainly plenty of reason to invest in one if you are serious about fitness.
However, finding the best GPS watch can be rather difficult as there is a lot options out there, so it helps to know what you need and what to look for. Follow this handy buying guide for all the info you need to find the best GPS watch for your needs.
What are GPS watches?
A GPS watch is a device worn around the wrist like a bracelet, providing a range of features that utilise GPS technology. They are mostly used for sports and exercise, as they provide data logging on physical activities (such as running, cycling, swimming etc.), as well as features like fitness training, navigation, and location tracking.
Why should you buy a good GPS watch?
The best GPS watch devices offer incredibly useful features, especially when it comes to fitness and exercise. By logging your location and movements, they can provide precise data such as how many steps you take, how far you’ve run, or the number of miles cycled. Not only that, they can calculate your performances, allowing you to analyse the data to see where you need to improve.For example, a GPS watch can provide you with the average speed of your daily jog, how many calories you burn during a workout out, or how long it takes you to run a mile - this data can then be used to make improvements, set goals, and better understand your current physical condition.
Better still, they can also include amazing features such as heart rate monitors, real-time alerts, pace training, and lap splits, all of which allow you to improve your fitness performances as desired.
How to choose the right GPS watch?
Choosing the best GPS watch depends entirely on your needs, so it’s important to think about how you intend to use the device and what you hope to gain from it. Here’s some things to consider:
- Budget: Setting a budget allows you to get the best GPS watch in your price range. GPS watches aren’t always cheap, and the more features you want the more it will cost, so setting a budget early lets you know what devices are in your price range. Should you struggle to find a watch with the features you want in this price range, then you may need to reconsider your budget.
- Features: There are so many features available on GPS watches, that it can get rather overwhelming trying to work out what you need the most. Distance trackers, accelerometers, heart rate monitors, training plans, data collecting - there are many features available that you may find useful, so be sure to think about what you want the most from your GPS watch when choosing a device.
- Intended Use: As there are so many different GPS watches with a variety of features, it helps to know what you intend to use it for. For example, there are many devices tailored specifically to running, jogging, and cycling, while others are more suited for activities such as swimming. There are also multisport watches and devices for outdoor navigation when hiking, rock climbing, skiing, etc. So, be sure to think about how you plan on using the watch to help you choose a device most suited to these activities.
What is the best kind of GPS watch in Austria?
There are many great types of GPS watches to choose from, including:
- Basic Training GPS Watch: A basic training GPS watch offers limited features, mainly used for tracking purposes only. So, they tend to collect and display data using GPS, offering info such as your speed and distance, but may not have more advanced features such as navigation and activity monitoring.
- Advanced Training GPS Watch: These devices offer more advanced training features, although they do cost more as a result. Features such as training modes, activity monitoring, and heart rate monitors are common with advanced devices.
- Navigation and Training GPS Watch: The best all-round GPS watch but also the most expensive type, they include a wide range of features that allow for comprehensive training and navigation. Not only do they track data with GPS, but also use it to help navigate, making it great for outdoor enthusiasts that love to hike or cycle off-roads and trails.
Top 10 list of GPS watches in Austria (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their GPS watches rank and which watch is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/22 17:16 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to watches
Recommended Video about the best GPS watches