Review10Best compares the best home security systems in Austria and nominates the one from QXC as the best home security system. In our home security systems review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different home security systems and follow our recommendation on which home security system to buy in Austria in 2019. With the home security system comparison, you can be sure to buy the best home security system on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate home security system buying guide
- View our home security system picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about home security systems
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
With a wide selection of options currently available, finding the best home security system to protect your home can feel rather daunting. Whether you plan on using a DIY home security system or go for a professional installation, there are many things you will want to consider before deciding.
What are home security systems?
While there are many variations to a home security system, each one follows the one core principle: Securing entry points of a property to ensure protection against potential break-ins. A home security system can consist of many components and devices, including alarms, sensors, cameras, and a control panel where everything can be operated from. A network of devices is placed throughout entry points in the home so that in the event of break-in the information can be relayed to a central control system, notifying homeowners of potential intruders.
Why should you buy a good home security system?
It’s rather obvious why one would want a great home security system installed – to protect the property from any would-be intruders. The best home security systems act as preventative measures against potential break-ins, while in the event of an actual break-in alarms can notify you, your family, a neighbor or the police that your home is at risk.
For those looking to protect their property, valuables, and themselves from unwanted intruders and opportunistic criminals, a quality home security system is a must.
How to choose the right home security system?
The best home security system for your home will depend on your personal preferences as there is a fair amount of choice when it comes to securing your home. Here are some important things worth considering when trying to choose the right home security system:
- Budget: Home security systems can vary quite significantly in prices, which is understandable given the complex electronics and high-tech security systems involved. However, there are many affordable options, too. For example home security cameras and alarms that can be purchased at a fraction of the cost of other systems. Of course, there is no true price you can put on you and your family’s safety, but an inexpensive security system can still provide high-level protection in most cases.
- Installation: The best home security systems no longer need to be wired throughout your home, as many are now completely wireless. This will result in a less disruptive installation process, and once installed the systems can be moved around for cleaning or decorating purposes. However, hard-wired installations are often viewed as the more robust form of security. Further, they will require less maintenance, but the installation process will be more complex and costlier.
- Alarm: Alarms are a vital component of a home security system, and you have the option of audible alarms or monitored alarms. For instance, bells-only alarms will produce a loud siren noise if there is a security breach, which is certainly a useful form of security in suburban locations but may be less effective in rural areas. Monitored alarms will produce no sound when activated, rather notifying the alarm receiving center (ARC) who then contact a pre-determined keyholder and police depending on the terms of the home security system.
What is the best kind of home security system in Austria?
As previously mentioned, good home security systems can vary in design and function, although they offer the same basic principle of enhanced security. Here are some of the most widely used types of home security systems:
- Wireless Home Security Systems: The most affordable and easiest to install option, wireless home alarm systems come with no monthly fees and will still offer effective security. They can be used with a variety of devices, including cameras and motion sensors.
- Monitored Home Security Systems: Perhaps the most widespread system, they are connected to an alarm receiving center that receive a direct notification in the event of a security breach. They can then contact the police or a keyholder. However, they must be directly installed through your phone line and will carry a monthly service free while being generally more expensive.
- Unmonitored Home Security Systems: These systems set off a loud alarm system in the event of a security breach. This means the system isn't connected to an alarm receiving center and thus doesn’t directly contact the police. You will need to rely on a neighbor hearing the alarm and reporting it.
Top 10 list of home security systems in Austria (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their home security systems rank and which home security system is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/19 17:03 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best home security systems