Review10Best compares the best kettles in Austria and nominates the one from Philips as the best kettle. In our kettles review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different kettles and follow our recommendation on which kettle to buy in Austria in 2019. With the kettle comparison, you can be sure to buy the best kettle on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate kettle buying guide
- View our kettle picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to kettles
- Watch recommended videos about kettles
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
If you enjoy drinking tea, coffee in a French press, and other hot beverages, then buying a good kettle is a must. The best kettles don’t cost too much and boil water in no time, making them a great investment for any household. Do you want to buy the best kettle but are unsure what to look for? Check out this buying guide for all the info you need:
What are kettles?
A kettle is a type of pot used to boil water. While they heat water by placing the kettle on a kitchen stove, electric kettles feature an internal heating element that allows water to be heated directly inside the pot when plugged into a power source. Traditional kettle design includes a spout for pouring water, a handle to hold the pot, and a lid to prevent heat escaping as the water reaches boiling point.
Why should you buy a good kettle?
Buying a kettle is a great investment for most homes. The best kettles are relatively affordable in most cases, and can quickly boil water for making tea, coffee, and for various forms of meal preparation, e.g. cooking pasta. Kettles are very convenient in most cases and are a must for anyone that enjoys drinking warm beverages.
How to choose the right kettle?
Choosing the best kettle shouldn’t be too difficult, providing you know what features and functions to look for. Here are some things to consider before you buy a kettle:
- Boiling Speed: The best kettles boil water at quick speeds, making them even more convenient. While faster boiling speeds can increase the price somewhat, they are still very much a desired feature as you will spend less time waiting for the kettle to boil water at home. Some kettles can boil at twice the speed of others, so it’s something to keep an eye out for - the higher the power rating the faster the boiling speed!
- Size: The bigger the kettle the more water it holds. This is certainly handy for preparing lots of drinks at the one time, so may be suitable for large families or for use in a workplace. Size also impacts the overall weight of the kettle, which is important to consider when pouring, especially if you struggle to lift and hold heavy objects.
- Energy Efficiency: An energy efficient kettle isn't just better for the environment, it’s better for your wallet, too! The money saved by using less energy to boil the water can make a big difference, especially for people drinking tea or coffee daily. Electric kettles are more energy efficient than stovetop kettles, so be sure to take this into account when looking at models.
- Water Gauge: An extremely useful feature, a visible water gauge allows you to fill precise measurements of water for more efficient boiling. This is great as you can avoid overfilling the kettle, saving time and energy every time you use it.
- Noise: A stovetop kettle is much noisier than an electric kettle, namely due to the whistle used to indicate the water is boiling. Electric kettles automatically switch off when the water has boiled and make very little noise in the process, which may be preferable to some.
What is the best kind of kettle in Austria?
There are two main types of kettles to buy:
- Electric Kettles: This kettle design features an interior heating element, which heats the water to the boiling point when activated. It doesn’t need to be placed on a stove, being plugged into a power source to operate. Quick, efficient, and affordable, many view them as the best kettle out there.
- Stovetop Kettles: Based on the traditional kettle design that was heated over an open flame, modern stovetop kettles are metal pots that sit atop an oven stove to heat the water. The handle tends to be on the top of the kettle rather than the side (like an electric kettle), and they often feature a whistle to indicate the water has reached boiling point.
Top 10 list of kettles in Austria (June 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their kettles rank and which kettle is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/06/25 11:41 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to kettles
Recommended Video about the best kettles