Review10Best compares the best knife sharpeners in Austria and nominates the one from B.PRIME as the best knife sharpener. In our knife sharpeners review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different knife sharpeners and follow our recommendation on which knife sharpener to buy in Austria in 2019. With the knife sharpener comparison, you can be sure to buy the best knife sharpener on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate knife sharpener buying guide
- View our knife sharpener picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about knife sharpeners
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Do you ever find that you're using your knife, concentrated and focused on your work, but then your focus is broken because, unfortunately, the tip of the knife breaks, or it stops working? You might find, if you use knives a lot during your work, that this happens all too often. There's one solution: find the best knife sharpener.
For everything you need to know to make a good buying decision, check out the handy guide below!
What are knife sharpeners?
A knife sharpener is a device you can use to sharpen your knives. They come in different shapes, sizes, and constructions, and may be made of metal or plastic. Some require one hand to use, whereas others are two-handed. But they all share the same traits in common: high-quality knife sharpening systems will feature quick working time, ease of use, and high efficiency sharpening. It will allow you to sharpen your knife quickly and efficiently, and let you use it for a long time before you need to sharpen it again.
Why should you buy a good knife sharpener?
You should use a knife sharpener if you use knives often. This could be because you cook a lot with hard substances like tough cuts of meat, or if you work in domains like carpentry or construction. A good knife sharpener is also a great tool for those who go camping often, since pocket knifes are frequently used to cut through rope, prepare wood for kindling and preparing food.
How to choose the right knife sharpener?
If you're looking to buy the best knife sharpener that's right for you, you'll want to look at these features:
- Strength: A good knife sharpener will ensure that your knife is sharp enough to cut through any kind of material you throw at it. This way, you can more easily cut through tough, hard cuts of meat, and you won't have trouble in cutting through corrugated cardboard.
- Ease of Use: Some knife sharpeners are harder to use than others. However, great knife sharpeners should be easy to use, in that you can quickly learn the proper method, and that they're easy to manipulate: they're not too heavy - nor too light- and don't feature too many parts moving at the same time.
- Speed: The faster a knife sharpener works, the faster your knife will be ready for everyday use. Faster knife sharpeners tend to be more efficient as well, ensuring that you won't have to sharpen your knives as often.
- Cost: A premium knife sharpener will ideally not cost too much. After all, there's no point in buying something expensive when a less expensive model will do the exact same thing (at a much better price).
What is the best kind of knife sharpener in Austria?
The kind of knife sharpeners that you're going to buy depends on what purpose you're using them for. For example, many are used in the kitchen, whereas others are used for creating artwork. Here are some common types of knife sharpeners. It will also depend on how sharp you'd your knife to be. Here is a list of the best-selling knife sharpeners on the market:
- Sharpening Steels: Often the best knife sharpeners are sharpening steels. These are instruments that look like screwdrivers, with a thick handle and a thick shaft. They are generally made out of ceramic or steel. They deform the blade, returning it to its original shape, so they're best right before and after you use your knife.
- Knife Hones: These work like sharpening steels, and their steel and stone constructions allow them to take a bit of metal off the blade every time you use them. One common design has multiple slots - these are intended for honing as well as polishing the blade - while another is more like a sharpening steel in nature. The type with multiple slots is effective for frequent use.
- Sharpening Stones: These are simple stones that you use to sharpen your knives, usually by running the blade down the surface. They are also called whetstones, and may be made out of stone, ceramic, or even diamond. Despite their simplicity, they are often highly effective at what they do.
- Electric Knife Sharpeners: Often, electric sharpeners make great knife sharpening systems for beginners. This is because they work quickly and efficiently, and are relatively easy to handle and use. They have the shape of a box, not unlike some of the knife hones with slots, into which you place your knives. You push the button, and the knife is sharpened quickly and easily.
Top 10 list of knife sharpeners in Austria (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their knife sharpeners rank and which knife sharpener is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/19 18:52 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best knife sharpeners