Review10Best compares the best microphones in Austria and nominates the one from Rode Microphones as the best microphone. In our microphones review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different microphones and follow our recommendation on which microphone to buy in Austria in 2019. With the microphone comparison, you can be sure to buy the best microphone on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate microphone buying guide
- View our microphone picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about microphones
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
When looking to buy a microphone, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the choices. There are many types of mics available covering a wide range of prices, so knowing what the best microphone is for you isn’t always obvious.
Check out the buying guide below for tips on how to choose the best microphone
What are microphones?
A microphone is a transducer used to capture sound, which it then convers into an electric signal. There are several types of microphone available in a range of styles and sizes, and they are typically used for recording audio or amplifying sound during live performances.
Why should you buy a good microphone?
The best microphones have plenty of applications, meaning you can get a lot of use out of them. Mics are perfect for recording audio at home, whether it’s capturing an instrument, vocals, or being used to record better audio for a video.
If you enjoy recording and performing music, making videos, or recording podcasts, then a great microphone is worthwhile investment.
How to choose the right microphone?
Choosing the best microphone isn’t that easy, even more so when you are unsure of what to look for in the device. Here are some things to consider:
- Intended Use: Finding the best mic depends entirely on how you plan on using it, so be sure to think about this. For example, is it going to be for live performances with a band or used for home studio recording? Microphones are used mainly for live performance or studio/home recording, so by identifying your intended use you can buy a suitable product.
- Connectivity: Microphone cables traditional use a quarter-inch jack or XLR plug, meaning they cannot connect to a computer. However, many modern microphones feature USB connectivity, making them a great option for home recording. Wireless microphones are also available, and can be especially useful when recording videos as they free up movement compared to wired mics. Make sure you consider the connectivity of any mic and whether its suitable for your uses.
- Sensitivity: The sensitivity of microphone refers to it’s ability to detect quieter sounds, with higher sensitivities being great for picking up more detailed audio at quieter volume. However, this isn’t necessary for every type of recording, so be sure to research how sensitive you need it to be for intended use.
What is the best kind of microphone in Austria?
There are dozens of types of microphones available, any of which may be suitable for you. Take a look at some of the most popular and what they offer:
- Dynamic Microphone: A great all-round microphone, they are known for being affordable and quite versatile, making them suitable for many. They come with a simple design that makes them hard-wearing, making them the best mic for musicians.
- Condenser Microphone: This type of microphone offers a strong audio signal, resulting in better sensitivity and responsiveness compared dynamic mics, although they are far less durable. They also require power from an external source, meaning there will be additional hardware needed for home studios, while their more complex design makes them more expensive than most other types.
- Headsets and Lapels: These are a more compact form of mic that are worn around the head or attached to clothing. Ideal for video recording, they tend to be wireless, although this does mean a PA system is needed.
- USB Microphone: A great mic for home recording, these microphones are very easy to use, plugging directly into a computer. Perfect for podcasting and other home recording, they are relatively affordable and easy to setup, making them especially good for anyone that’s never recorded audio before.
Top 10 list of microphones in Austria (September 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their microphones rank and which microphone is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/09/18 12:12. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best microphones