Review10Best compares the best mirrorless cameras in Austria and nominates the one from Sony as the best camera. In our mirrorless cameras review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different cameras and follow our recommendation on which mirrorless camera to buy in Austria in 2019. With the camera comparison, you can be sure to buy the best mirrorless camera on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate mirrorless camera buying guide
- View our mirrorless camera picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to cameras
- Watch recommended videos about mirrorless cameras
- More about mirrorless cameras on the web
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
A new edition to the market, having only been released in the past ten years, mirrorless cameras are becoming an increasingly popular option for professional and amateur photographers alike. Given how new they are, finding the best mirrorless camera isn’t the easiest thing to do for anyone unfamiliar with this type of camera.
What are mirrorless cameras?
The mirrorless camera, as the name suggests, is a type of digital camera that does not require the intricate mirror system found in DSLR cameras. Because of this, mirrorless cameras are far more lightweight and compact, making them useful for various photographers, although they still have interchangeable lenses much like a DSLR. However, the lack of a mirror means there is no viewfinder to provide a preview of the image, so photographers must check the LCD screen for a preview.
Why should you buy a good mirrorless camera?
If you are considering picking up photography then a good mirrorless camera is a fantastic entry-level camera. They allow you to familiarise yourself with various aspects of photography without being too complex, and the fact they are light and compact makes them ideal for using while out and about.
How to choose the right mirrorless camera?
To find the best mirrorless camera for your needs, there are a few things to consider:
- Sensor Size: The sensor size of a mirrorless camera relates to the type of lenses that can be used, which affects the overall quality of image it takes. For example, an APS-C sensor is the same sensor found in various entry-level DSLRs, making it a fine option for a mirrorless camera. Remember, smaller sensors make the camera lighter and more compact, but do reduce the overall quality of the image.
- Auto Focus: As mirrorless cameras use contrast detection rather than phase detection, they can be slower to autofocus, and it can often be harder to use in lower lighting. However, many mirrorless cameras are combing both types of detection for a sharper and quicker autofocus. Be sure to consider this if you require a fast autofocus or plan on taking photographs in low light, as a hybrid detection system would be a better choice.
- Connectivity: Due to their relative newness, mirrorless cameras usually have fantastic connectivity. Most connect through Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth, and virtually every model features an accompanying app for smartphone devices. Certain cameras will allow you to send photographs to your smartphone wirelessly, while also being able to control and adjust your camera directly from your phone. While these features are non-essential, they certainly provide a mirrorless camera with more depth, making them very worthwhile.
What is the best kind of mirrorless camera in Austria?
As mirrorless cameras are a newer innovation, they do not offer the same selection as other camera types. However, as they can use interchangeable lenses just like DSLR camera, they can essentially be changed into many different types of camera depending on the sensor size of the camera and the lens.
Knowing what lens to use will help give a better idea of the best mirrorless camera setup you can use:
- 1/2.3-inch Sensors: A small and compact sensor, this is best used on smaller mirrorless cameras. However, given their diminutive size, image quality can often be substandard, with a distinct lack of detail being a common issue.
- 1-inch Sensors: As a slightly larger sensor, the picture quality will improve when used on a mirrorless camera, especially compared to 1/2.3-inch options, and they still offer a compact shape which compliments the general design of mirrorless cameras.
- Micro Four Thirds Sensors: Used for Olympus and Panasonic mirrorless camera types, this one is notably bigger than the 1-inch sensor, offering even more quality and clarity.
- APS-C Sensors: Mirrorless cameras with this sensor size can be fitted with various of lenses that offer great image quality and portability. However, manufacturers can produce slightly different sizes of APS-C cameras and this may affect crop factors.
Top 10 list of mirrorless cameras in Austria (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their mirrorless cameras rank and which camera is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/15 18:05. o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to cameras
Recommended Video about the best mirrorless cameras
Further resources about mirrorless cameras
- Buying Advice | What Digital Camera: Read a range of buying advice to find what camera equipment to buy (source: www.whatdigitalcamera.com)