Review10Best compares the best motherboards in Austria and nominates the one from MSI COMPUTER as the best motherboard. In our motherboards review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different motherboards and follow our recommendation on which motherboard to buy in Austria in 2019. With the motherboard comparison, you can be sure to buy the best motherboard on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate motherboard buying guide
- View our motherboard picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about motherboards
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
With prices and specifications that can vary significantly, finding the best motherboard for a custom build PC is often easier said than done. There’s a lot to consider before making your final decision, and as a motherboard is the most important component for a computer, it’s not something you want to buy without doing your research.
Thankfully there are many fine options to suit most budgets, so finding the best motherboard for your PC is certainly possible.
What are motherboards?
The motherboard is a printed circuit board that acts as the heart of a computer. Not only does it hold the most vital electronic components such as the central processing unit (CPU) and memory, it while offering input and output connections for various other components used in a PC to allow them to function together.
Why should you buy a good motherboard?
Simply put – you need a motherboard for a computer to work. So, if you are planning on purchasing a custom-made computer, then you will need to buy a motherboard for to function. Often cited as the heart or brains of a computer, it is needed for other components and devices to function.
Think of it as the command centre of a computer, keeping all the information flowing as it should and letting your PC run smoothly. The other most common reason to purchase a new motherboard is to upgrade your system. The best motherboard will ensure a computer runs at incredible speeds and performs at the highest level.
How to choose the right motherboard?
As motherboards are complex devices that can consist of any number of components, finding the best motherboard for your computer can feel a little overwhelming. While there are countless things that need to be consider, here are some of the most important:
- PC Use: To get the best motherboard for your computer, you want to establish what your main goals and uses for your PC will be. For instance, do you plan on playing games or is for a home office? Depending on the intended use of your PC, you will need certain requirements for it to function properly. For example, a gaming PC will require much more power than PC used for office work.
- CPU Socket: All motherboards are designed with a certain processor socket, and this will need to match your CPU. For instance, an AMD CPU requires a different socket type than an Intel CPU does, and there are many socket options available to match the various types of processors available.
- Size: There are three main size options for a motherboard (ATX, mATX, mini-ITX) and each one features specific dimensions for the motherboard. Size will impact the amount of ports on the motherboard, so the more specs and features you want on your PC the more ports are needed. This also effects the size of your computer case, and while smaller board are capable of fitting into large cases, large boards will not fit into compact cases.
- Memory Support: Whether you are using your current memory or upgrading to something bigger, be sure the motherboard can support the size and type of memory you will be installing.
- Expansion Slots: For anyone looking to install new components when upgrading their PC, the motherboard will require certain expansion slots. This is usually relative to the size of the motherboard, so larger boards offer more expansion slots.
What is the best kind of motherboard in Austria?
Unsure of the best type of motherboard to buy? Here are some of the most popular types of motherboard sold today:
- ATX Motherboard: The advanced technology extended (ATX) motherboard were developed by Intel in the 90s and are still available today. Featuring a single connector, AXT boards can be used for P2/P3 or P/4 processors. It’s the most common size for a motherboard, measuring roughly 30cm x 24cm.
- Mini ATX: As the name suggests, this is a smaller version of the ATX motherboard, measuring around 28cm x 21cm. The most notable differences between an ATX and Mini ATX is the number of buses and potential memory slots. Their similar design allows them to be interchanged in most PC cases (i.e. if a case supports an ATX it will also support a mini ATX).
- Mini ITX: The best motherboard for compact PCS, the Mini ITX motherboard is among the smallest available measuring just 17cm x 17cm. While it can be used in large form cases, it is best used for smaller, compact cases.
Top 10 list of motherboards in Austria (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their motherboards rank and which motherboard is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/22 01:49 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best motherboards