Review10Best compares the best protein bars in Austria and nominates the one from PowerBar as the best protein bar. In our protein bars review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different protein bars and follow our recommendation on which protein bar to buy in Austria in 2019. With the protein bar comparison, you can be sure to buy the best protein bar on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate protein bar buying guide
- View our protein bar picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about protein bars
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
The best protein bars offer a convenient source of protein and various other nutrients, making them a popular product for many people. However, not all protein bars are as healthy as they appear, with many having high sugar content that make them less effective than others. With so many options available, it’s difficult to know what the best protein bar is for your needs, especially when buying for the first time.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best protein bar:
What are protein bars?
A protein bar is a nutritional snack with high protein content, featuring a much higher proportion compared to other nutrients such as carbohydrates and fats. Mostly used for dietary purposes, protein bars come with various purposes, such as meal replacement, increased energy, and building muscle.
Why should you buy a good protein bar?
A good protein bar offers various benefits for people on a strict diet or exercise regime. For instance, offering high protein content they are a popular snack for exercise enthusiast looking to build to muscle, with pre and post snack workout bars available.
Others use a protein bar as a meal replacement when dieting, with high protein content being a great nutrient for curbing appetites. Some people use protein bars for their high nutrient content, eating them as a healthy snack that offers ample energy.
Plus, being a small snack, protein bars are incredibly convenient no matter their purpose, offering a quick snack that can be eaten between meals or as a replacement meal.
How to choose the right protein bar?
With so many different products to choose from, finding the best protein bar isn’t always easy. With so many ingredients, purposes, and flavours to choose from, it is important to make a few considerations before you buy.
- Protein Content: The best protein bars have the highest protein content, so be sure to inspect this whenever buying. Some are deceptively low on protein, with a good average being around 20g per bar. Those with lower protein content may offset the difference with other macronutrients like carbs, which may be preferable depending on whether you’re exercising before or after you eat it.
- Carb Content: The carb content of a protein bar is also important, with around 15-20g being the idea amount. Remember, you want more protein than anything else, so make sure to check the proportion of carbs to protein. However, higher carb content is good for certain purposes, typically high-cardio workouts they offer more sustained energy.
- Sugar: Always try to buy protein bars with low sugar content, as this is an unnecessary ingredient that can hamper diets and workouts. Anything with around 1 to 2g of sugar is recommended and be sure avoid anything with 5g or more.
- Flavour: Although mostly subjective, be sure to consider the flavour of the bar in relation to the ingredients. Yes, something more flavourful such as cookies and cream protein bar may taste amazing, but it should never be at the expense of healthy ingredients - you want protein and nutrients, not just a tasty snack!
What is the best kind of protein bar in Austria?
There are many types of protein bars available, all of which have different purposes and may be suitable for your needs.
- Nutrition Bars: This type of protein bar balances high protein content with other nutrients and vitamins. This is great for getting all the stuff you need for a healthy diet or for a pre/post work out snack. Also good for a snack on the go as it offers a good balance of nutrients to keep you feeling good.
- Low Carb Bars: Not all protein bars feature low amounts of carbs, which is often desired by those looking to build lean muscle while losing weight or for cutting back on carbs in general. A great protein bar for maintaining a steady blood sugar level, low carb bars also help to curb appetites.
- Meal Replacement Bar: The best protein bars for dropping a few pounds, meal replacement bars are nutrient dense so are an excellent addition to a weight-loss diet.
Top 10 list of protein bars in Austria (April 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their protein bars rank and which protein bar is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/04/19 19:48 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best protein bars