Review10Best compares the best scanners in Austria and nominates the one from BROTHER as the best scanner. In our scanners review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different scanners and follow our recommendation on which scanner to buy in Austria in 2019. With the scanner comparison, you can be sure to buy the best scanner on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate scanner buying guide
- View our scanner picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about scanners
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Scanners are a great piece of hardware for making copies of documents and photographs. There are many types of scanners available, any of which may be a good investment. However, finding the best scanner for your needs does require some research.
Check the buying guide below for everything you need to know to find a great scanner:
What are scanners?
A scanner is an electronic device used to scan images and documents into a digital image on a computer. It’s capable of scanning several things, including old photographs, printed text documents, and even handwritten text on paper.
Why should you buy a good scanner?
The best scanner devices can offer many benefits and are relatively affordable, making them a great investment for homes and offices. For instance, they can be used to scan old photographs for restoration or digital storage.
Also, they can make life much easier for anyone that sends lots of text documents for work or school as they can scan documents very quickly, allowing them to be easily sent via email.
How to choose the right scanner?
Finding the best scanner isn’t always easy, especially if you are unsure what to look for. Here are some things to consider:
- Connectivity: It’s important to choose a scanner with appropriate connectivity, otherwise it may be a hassle connecting it to your computer. Most scanners use USB connection which is fine for most home computers. You may prefer a device that connects wireless, in which case you need to look for a scanner with Wi-Fi connectivity, which is especially helpful when there are multiple computers to connect to.
- Dots per Inch: The DPI of a scanner reflects the overall quality of it’s scanning, so the higher the DPI the better-quality image you can expect. The best scanners have a high DPI, with a 600 DPI scanner being ideal for scanning images and photographs. If you only need to scan text documents, then a 300 DPI scanner is fine. There are also specialist scanners with incredibly high DPIs, although these aren’t necessary for most home offices.
What is the best kind of scanner in Austria?
There are many types of scanners available, all of which offer their own distinct features and advantages.
- Flatbed Scanners: The best all-round scanner for home use, they take up some space but offer a great number of functions and features. Going for a larger size means you can scan things like books, magazines, posters, and photographs of any size.
- Photo Scanners: As the name suggests, these are the best scanners for scanning photographs and other images. They feature high resolution and colour depth, along with features such as cleaning old photos and transferring negatives. A great scanner for transferring old photographs onto your computer.
- Sheetfed Scanner: Most scanners feature a glass platen where you place the document to get scanned, but a sheetfed scanner involves feeding paper or a phot directly into a document feeder. This makes them much more compact than a flatbed scanner, although they often come with reduced resolution and fewer functions as a result, but this isn’t going to be a problem for anyone that just needs to scan documents.
- Handheld Scanner: A great scanner for using on the go, handheld scanners a much smaller than any other type, with some being similar size to a fountain pen. Those that are the same width of a page are dragged over a document or photo, while pen style handheld scanners can scan line by line for highlighting important parts of a document. Again, resolution is sacrificed for a compact size, but this isn’t an issue if you need to scan text documents.
Top 10 list of scanners in Austria (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their scanners rank and which scanner is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/16 20:30 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best scanners