Review10Best compares the best steam irons in Austria and nominates the one from Philips as the best iron. In our steam irons review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different irons and follow our recommendation on which steam iron to buy in Austria in 2019. With the iron comparison, you can be sure to buy the best steam iron on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate steam iron buying guide
- View our steam iron picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about steam irons
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Most people need a good steam iron: Used to remove creases from clothes to leave them looking great, anyone that likes to maintain their outfits certainly benefits from having a steam iron. However, with so many models out there - many of which are cheaply made - you may not always buy the best steam iron. Buying a quality steam iron is always worthwhile, because not only does it last longer, it also provides better results when ironing. Check out the guide below for everything you need to buy the best steam irons:
What are steam irons?
A steam iron - often called a clothes iron or simply an iron - is an electric device used for ironing creases out of clothes. It features a flat metal surface (soleplate) with holes, which emits steam to help iron dry clothes.
Why should you buy a good steam iron?
A steam is an essential item for most people. The reason for this is that it allows you to maintain clothes by removing creases and wrinkles, leaving them looking much more presentable. Almost everyone irons their clothes to ensure they look good, so buying a steam iron is a no-brainer for most.
How to choose the right steam iron?
While it’s easy enough to find a basic iron, it’s a good idea to consider a few things to ensure you get the best steam iron possible for your needs. Here are some things to look out for:
- Comfort: Ironing is rarely enjoyable but often necessary, so it helps to find a steam iron that’s comfortable to use. Look for handles with comfort grip and avoid buying a model that may be too heavy or cumbersome to use.
- Soleplate: The best steam irons tend to feature a thinner soleplate, so be sure to keep an out for this. This is because thinner soleplates are much easier to maneuver, especially around troublesome areas of clothing such as beneath buttons or tight pleats. Thick soleplates make the iron heavier and can catch on buttons and zips.
- Water Tank: The water tank of a steam iron should always have a good capacity and be easy to measure. Transparent tanks with markers are great for this because you can see exactly how much to fill, while a large filler hole also helps to avoid overspills when trying to fill.
- Auto Shut-Off: All the best steam irons tend to come with auto shut off, which is an invaluable safety feature. This ensures the power automatically turns off when left motionless for a few minutes or seconds, preventing any accidental fires from leaving the iron turned on.
What is the best kind of steam iron in Austria?
There are various types of steam iron to buy, any of which may be suitable for your needs:
- Traditional Steam Iron: The most widely available type of steam irons features a small water tank, produce a good amount of steam, and often come with features like burst-steam, auto shut-off, pressurized steam, and various pre-set programs.
- Travel Steam Irons: Designed for people that travel, these steam irons tend to be much smaller for easier travel, which happens to make them less powerful in most cases. This makes them unsuitable for most households, unless you do very little ironing.
- Cordless Steam Irons: Essentially a traditional steam iron but apart from a cordless design. This makes using the iron easier for many people and removes the risk of accidentally tripping on the cord and dropping the iron.
- Steam Generator Iron: A newer product, these steam irons produce around double the amount of steam compared to conventional steam irons, making them much more efficient and faster to iron with, although they do cost more.
Top 10 list of steam irons in Austria (June 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their steam irons rank and which iron is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/06/24 20:01 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best steam irons