Review10Best compares the best toddler car seats in Austria and nominates the one from Cybex Silver as the best car seat. In our toddler car seats review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different car seats and follow our recommendation on which toddler car seat to buy in Austria in 2019. With the car seat comparison, you can be sure to buy the best toddler car seat on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate toddler car seat buying guide
- View our toddler car seat picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to car seats
- Watch recommended videos about toddler car seats
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Every parent wants to buy the best toddler car seat for their child. Obviously, these seats are necessary for keeping your child safe when riding in a vehicle, so it makes sense to get the best product possible to ensure their safety. However, choosing the best car seat for toddlers is rather daunting. You understandably want to make the right decision, but with so many options available it’s not always clear which child safety seat is most suitable for your situation.
Check out the buying guide below for how to choose the best toddler car seat:
What are toddler car seats?
A toddler car seat is a type of child safety seat designed for toddlers. They vary in shape and size to accommodate the different sizes of toddlers but are all designed to protect the child from injury or death during a collision.
Why should you buy a good toddler car seat?
Buying child safety seat is a legal requirement in most countries, especially for toddlers. However, it is also worth buying the best toddler car seats available to ensure your child is protected as much as possible. Passenger safety should always be a priority for people driving with young children, and a good car seat for toddlers is a necessary component for this.
How to choose the right toddler car seat?
Choosing the right toddler car seat requires some careful considerations to ensure you get the best seat possible - here are some things to consider:
- Child Weight and Height: The height and weight of a toddler vary, so it helps to get precise measurements. Most child safety seats are categorized by weight, although newer ones also allow height to be used, so make sure you have measured this to ensure you choose a suitable seat.
- Attachment Points: Important for ensuring the seat fits your car properly, there are various options when it comes to attachment points. ISOFIX and LATCH are international standards for Europe and the United States, so any toddler seat with these attachment points are easy to install in most types of vehicle. Be sure to look for 5-point harness attachments, as these are among the safest and most secure for larger children, i.e. toddlers. The clip over the chest and thigh of the toddler, while going between the legs. A tether attachment is worthwhile should your vehicle have the connection, anchoring the seat to the vehicle.
- Seat Position: Toddler car seats can be either front or rear facing, although there are laws regarding what types can be used in passenger seats. Forward facing seats are suitable toddlers aged two and above, so younger toddlers require a rear-facing seat. Convertible seats offer the option of both, making them handy for growing infants.
What is the best kind of toddler car seat in Austria?
There are several popular types of toddler car seats to buy, any of which may be the best option for your child.
- Convertible Car Seats: Capable of facing the forward and rear facing positions, convertible seats are great for toddlers that are not quite big enough for a forward-facing seat. One they grow and are strong enough to handle any potential collisions, the position is easily switched to forward-facing.
- Combination Car Seats: A forward-facing seat that features a five-point harness system, combination seats are a great choice for toddlers that are big enough for a forward-facing seat, usually after two years of age. The belts can be modified to turn it into a booster seat, which is recommended once the child grows bigger.
- Booster Car Seats: Also known as a high-back booster seat, these
aged between 3 and 4. They boost the child’s seating position, allowing the car seat belt to fit them properly. They also feature side wings to protect from impacts, while the back and headrest can often be adjusted as they grow. There is no internal harness to hold the child in place, as the car seatbelt goes around the child and seat to secure them.
Top 10 list of toddler car seats in Austria (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their toddler car seats rank and which car seat is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/16 06:30 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to car seats
Recommended Video about the best toddler car seats