Review10Best compares the best walkie talkies in Austria and nominates the one from Motorola as the best walkie talkie. In our walkie talkies review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different walkie talkies and follow our recommendation on which walkie talkie to buy in Austria in 2019. With the walkie talkie comparison, you can be sure to buy the best walkie talkie on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate walkie talkie buying guide
- View our walkie talkie picks and see how they rank in the top list
- Watch recommended videos about walkie talkies
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Walkie talkies offer a quick and effective way to communicate with others and can be used in many different settings. However, choosing the best walkie talkie is not always easy, especially for those unfamiliar with them.
Taking the time to research walkie talkies can make the buying process much easier, so check out this buying guide for all the info you need to know:
What are walkie talkies?
A walkie talkie is a type of two-way radio transceiver designed for hand-held use. It features a speaker and microphone at each end of the device (like a traditional telephone) communicating wirelessly through radio waves on a specified frequency. Multiple walkie talkies can be used on a single radio frequency, although only can transmit at a time as the others receive the message.
Why should you buy a good walkie talkie?
As a hand-held, two-way radio device, walkie talkies can be very useful. Their ability to wirelessly communicate over long distances makes them a popular option for many businesses, from retail to security to hospitality. The best walkie talkies can transmit over impressive distances, and because they don’t need cell signals, they are often viewed as a better option than mobile phones.
For personal use, walkie talkies can be great fun and even helpful around the home. For example, kid-friendly walkie talkies offer endless hours of entertainment, while they can also be used as long-range baby monitors or for communicating during outdoor recreation (e.g. camping, skiing, etc.)
How to choose the right walkie talkie?
Finding the best walkie talkie can be difficult, even more so if you have no idea what to look for. Here are some things to consider that should make it easier to find a suitable walkie talkie:
- Intended Use: Most people use walkie talkies for work or leisure, so it’s important to identify what you need them for. If it is for anything to do with work, then licensed walkie talkies are recommended, as they come with a more robust design and functions suitable for a professional setting such as a secure frequency line. If you’re buying a walkie talkie for leisure purposes, then buying an unlicensed product can save a lot money and still provide you with plenty of fun.
- Range: The best walkie talkies have some incredible range, making it possible to communicate over longer distances. This is only necessary in certain situations however, so be sure to consider how much range you require from the radios. For instance, if it’s going to be used indoors (such as a warehouse, retail store, or at home) then a shorter range should be fine. Walkie talkies being used over longer distances - such as outdoors - should have a much larger range to ensure the signal can be received.
- Frequency: Walkie talkies come with an Ultra High Frequency (UHF) or Very High Frequency (VHF), so you need to decide which is best for you. UHF operate on frequencies between 400 to 521 MHz, while VHF operate from 126 and 174 MHZ, with each one being suitable for different applications. For instance, VHF can cover longer distance but requires minimal obstruction, making them better suited for outdoor areas with plenty of space. UHF operate well outside too, but their ability to transmit through obstructions makes them great for indoor use or in built-up outside areas.
What is the best kind of walkie talkie in Austria?
There are a few types of walkie talkies to choose from, any of which may be a fine choice for you.
- Unlicensed Walkie Talkie: The best walkie talkie for recreational use, being unlicensed means there are no fees to be paid for a secure frequency line, which is required in most professional settings. This makes them ideal for use at a home and for other recreation and helps to keep costs down.
- Licensed Walkie Talkie: Anyone that requires a walkie talkie for commercial use will want to buy a licensed walkie talkie. The reason is that they provide a secure frequency that prevents others tuning into the line, which could be a massive privacy risk and even a potential security threat. They also tend to come with more robust designs, a longer range, and other features and functions.
Top 10 list of walkie talkies in Austria (July 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their walkie talkies rank and which walkie talkie is the best.
i,ii Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/07/16 11:06 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program (case i) and Kelkoo Associates Program (case ii), a affiliate advertising programs that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon and other merchants. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Recommended Video about the best walkie talkies