Review10Best compares the best water filters in Austria and nominates the one from Brita as the best water filter. In our water filters review, you can read more about our experiences we made with the different water filters and follow our recommendation on which water filter to buy in Austria in 2019. With the water filter comparison, you can be sure to buy the best water filter on the market and save a lot of money if you buy it online.
Table of contents
- Read the ultimate water filter buying guide
- View our water filter picks and see how they rank in the top list
- See other reviews related to water filters
- Watch recommended videos about water filters
Go to the ranking
(skip buying guide)
Finding the best water filter for your home can feel overwhelming. With a range of different filters to choose from, it can be difficult to understand which type is best suited to your needs. So, taking the time to research your options should make it easier to find the best water filters for your home.
What are water filters?
A water filter is used to remove potential impurities and contaminants from your home’s water supply. They come in many forms, such as purifications devices that are attached to taps or the water unit, with different devices designed for different purposes. For instance, good water filters can be used to remove a variety of impurities, including chlorine, sediment, lead, and bacteria.
Why should you buy a good water filter?
While most home water supplies are safe to drink, there are chances that they contain certain chemicals, minerals, impurities, and possibly even dirt. Not only can this impact the taste the water, but increase the likelihood of bacteria that may lead to illness, while certain chemicals could also cause harm. A great water filter can provide you with clean, fresh drinking water free from impurities. It will taste much better than unfiltered water and is perfect for bottling drinking water.
How to choose the right water filter?
Finding the best water filter for your needs should be easy enough – providing you know what you need! You may not be aware of any contaminations in your water supply and simply want to avoid any problems down the line or perhaps there’s an ongoing issue with your water that needs to be addressed.
Be sure to consider some of the following to ensure you get the right water filter for your home:
- Water Quality: Knowing the current quality of your drinking water will make it easier to find the most suitable water filtration system. For instance, if your water has a bad taste, then a carbon water filter could be the best option, whereas water containing chemicals both organic and inorganic may require a reverse osmosis (RO) water filter.
- Ease of Use: Certain water filters will be easier to install and use than others. For example, faucet water filters attach to the faucet so don’t require much to install, while RO filters usually have to be fitted to plumping beneath a sink so will be much more difficult to set up.
- Water Pressure: It’s important to know if your water pressure is suitable enough for a water filter, as some do not work optimally without the required water pressure. For instance, RO filters need enough pressure from the water flow to work their best. Should your water supply have low pressure, then a carbon water filter will be the best choice.
What is the best kind of water filter in Austria?
There are various types of water filter devices available. They can vary in size and function, so it’s important to know which type of water filter is best for your home:
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Filter: The best water filter for removing large quantities of contaminants, and RO filter is typically attached to the pumping beneath the sink, where it works to produce pure water by filtering contaminated water through a semi-porous film. A high-quality water filter system, it will cost more than most other types but works best to remove most contaminants, especially chemicals.
- Carbon Water Filter: A great water filter for removing the bad taste and odor from water, carbon water filters are also effective for removing certain impurities and contaminants such as chlorine, pesticides, and several chemicals. Some can remove lead too depending on the manufacturer, but carbon water filters won’t remove salts, nitrates, and certain types of metal.
- Ultraviolet Water Filter: Works by using an ultraviolet light to remove bacteria, this is a great water filter for removing any germs and bacteria build-ups in the water supply. It’s also good for removing the bad taste from water, but will not be useful for removing chemicals.
Top 10 list of water filters in Austria (March 2019)
Our top 10 list shows how manufacturers and their water filters rank and which water filter is the best.
i Price incl. VAT., exkl. shipping. Price may vary. Last Update. 2019/03/18 06:05 o'clock. Affiliate link. We participate in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that enables us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon. There are no additional costs for you. For the top 10 list we consider only products that are available on Amazon while the ranking is based on factors such as customer reviews, number of sales and keyword.
Other reviews related to water filters
Recommended Video about the best water filters